Chest gets sore too fast

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For the past 4-5 weeks everytime I hit chest, within 1-2 sets of barbell bench or DB bench my chest already feels incredibly sore. To the Point where it’s hard to continue the workout. Think back to the best chest day you’ve ever had and how sore your chest was the next morning. Well that’s how my chest feels after 1-2 sets. Only thing different I’ve been doing was I just started taking creatine again about two months ago. Do you think this could somehow be it?

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd be surprised if creatine was responsible for the increase in DOMS.

Just for clarification; this soreness wasn't an issue prior to re-introducing creatine?

Could just be suspect timing, but if there's a chance it is the creatine I would discontinue usage and see if the issue persists.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'd be surprised if creatine was responsible for the increase in DOMS.

Just for clarification; this soreness wasn't an issue prior to re-introducing creatine?

Could just be suspect timing, but if there's a chance it is the creatine I would discontinue usage and see if the issue persists.
Yup I started taking the creatine 2 months ago. Then about a month ago after one set of bench my chest was in extreme pain. I left the gym immediately and could barely drive home. Since then every time I do chest within a couple sets it feels like I’ve already done 100. I did reintroduce barbell bench back into my routine about two months ago. I’m not sure if that’s what could be causing it. But it doesn’t matter if I start my chest day with DB or BB the pain still comes on within 1-2 sets.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yup I started taking the creatine 2 months ago. Then about a month ago after one set of bench my chest was in extreme pain. I left the gym immediately and could barely drive home. Since then every time I do chest within a couple sets it feels like I’ve already done 100. I did reintroduce barbell bench back into my routine about two months ago. I’m not sure if that’s what could be causing it. But it doesn’t matter if I start my chest day with DB or BB the pain still comes on within 1-2 sets.
I remember how SORE my chest used to get, back in the day. It could sometimes get more sore than any other body part.

.... But it Never got sore immediately. Usually the next day.

Do you think you have an injury?

superpimp max

Awards
Any black and blue or blood pooling? Pec tear survivor here lol. Sounds like a shotgun when it snaps and coils up. You cannot workout when that pec is no longer attached. Find a good body mechanic in your area and go to them. If no one you trust then go to orthopedic dr.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No black or blues, the pain/soreness is always the outer part of my chest (near my armpit). Maybe I could have some Micro Tears. I have been hitting Barbell Bench hard and I do have a wide grip. Maybe I may need to take a month off of chest and see I feel.

Fly_boy

Fly_boy

Awards
No black or blues, the pain/soreness is always the outer part of my chest (near my armpit). Maybe I could have some Micro Tears. I have been hitting Barbell Bench hard and I do have a wide grip. Maybe I may need to take a month off of chest and see I feel.
You may have “bench presser’s shoulder”, which is pectoralis major tendon strain where your pec attaches to you shoulder. I currently have it and tend to get it when I’m pushing my weight up on bench press. It goes away if I take a week off bench, bring my weight down and focus on form.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You may have “bench presser’s shoulder”, which is pectoralis major tendon strain where your pec attaches to you shoulder. I currently have it and tend to get it when I’m pushing my weight up on bench press. It goes away if I take a week off bench, bring my weight down and focus on form.
View attachment 201073
Huh ya that may be it, that picture shows exactly where the pain is

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I'm low on magnesium, my chest muscles post workout can painfully cramp. Try adding salt, potassium, calcium, and about 500mg magnesium pre workout. See if the issue persists. Low electrolyte levels can cause muscle pain and camping.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
IMG_0318.JPG

Obviously I can’t be certain this is 100% my problem. But considering that’s exactly where the pain is. I think it’s fair to say I have pectoralis major strain on both sides of my chest. Will take it off next couple of chest days off and ice it up it the meantime.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Are you getting titty fucked on the regular? If yes, don't do it before a chest work out.

Nktalex

Awards
View attachment 201076

Obviously I can’t be certain this is 100% my problem. But considering that’s exactly where the pain is. I think it’s fair to say I have pectoralis major strain on both sides of my chest. Will take it off next couple of chest days off and ice it up it the meantime.
I would let your chest heal and massage it daily. Dig your fingers into the muscles. Push around and find hard areas. Find painful areas. Massage the pain out of your body. Stretch after. Even stretch while holding pressure on the tight areas. Do this daily. The more you do it the better and in the mean time focus on strengthening the opposite muscles. Do face pulls and generally other back exercises and when you bench next time focus on form as it is so crucial. Keep shoulder blades tucked back and down during the entire chest exercise

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a bad pain in my chest twice once after benching 395 then attempting 405. Both times took at least a month to heal. Did t really hurt until I tried to bench so something was damaged but at least it wasn’t a tear. Never tried a one rep max again after that. I would just avoid chest work for awhile. In a couple weeks start light and see if it’s better. Probably even better would be to go to a dr but I personally don’t like doing that. Ha

DeweyDJP

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I would think some sore of tendentious. I had a similar experience. Had to take some time off. Like a couple weeks off chest.