Central Nervous System & Natty Supplements

latinorebel

Awards
Any natty supps that help with CNS recovery?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can you break down "cns recovery" a bit more? what type of specific actions/benefits are you looking for

latinorebel

Awards
can you break down "cns recovery" a bit more? what type of specific actions/benefits are you looking for
I'm not going to pretend to know how the central nervous system works.

But that being said, my basic understanding is that there is a neurological response to the stresses of lifting weights.

I often do full body workouts, which include squats, deadlifts, bench press, push and press, etc. I have a few full different full body workouts, and I'm usually lifting every other day.

I'll often then go 2-3 days off without lifting to allow to allow for better recovery.

Again, won't pretend to fully understand how all this works, but my question remains: Are there any natty supplements that help with recovery of the CNS as it relates to body building?

ForceOfNature

Awards
I would just buy general health supplements. Fish oil, multi vitamin etc.. Also Controlled labs Orange health IQ is a great one to add in. Trust me, you will know if there are problems with your CNS so don't worry about it too much. Is there any particular problem your experiencing that led you to think there's something wrong with your CNS?

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I think EvoMuse makes something targeted to that ..Nerve Restore

latinorebel

Awards
I would just buy general health supplements. Fish oil, multi vitamin etc.. Also Controlled labs Orange health IQ is a great one to add in. Trust me, you will know if there are problems with your CNS so don't worry about it too much. Is there any particular problem your experiencing that led you to think there's something wrong with your CNS?
Not necessarily something wrong...

I'm 36 now. I just feel the differences/decline in overall recovery.

And I was just curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on the subject and if there were any supplements that would help with CNS recovery.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Not necessarily something wrong...

I'm 36 now. I just feel the differences/decline in overall recovery.

And I was just curious to hear anyone else's thoughts on the subject and if there were any supplements that would help with CNS recovery.
I personally don't think that there is much out there that will help with actual CNS recovery. In my experience when I feel extreme CNS fatigue then that means it's time to decrease volume for a short amount of time, get some more sleep, and maybe up my calories and let my body/brain recover. It happens to everyone. Especially when you have a busy life and lift hard on top of it.

Endurance enhancing supps can help a little like BCAAs. And natty supps that enhance recovery like Anabeta Elite, Magnitropin, and others can stave off the effects of CNS burnout slightly in my experience. But the only real way to really help it IMHO is what I mentioned above.

Slowly increasing volume/intensity over time and taking proper deloads can really help build up that CNS resilience as well. As a side note, taking too many stimulants for too long can jack up your CNS too. So a stim break/decreased volume has helped me in the past as well. I hope you are able to rest up and get it figured out man!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rhodiola is definitely one of the best for nervous system fatigue, and also consider using sleep aids if your sleep isn't that good.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola is definitely one of the best for nervous system fatigue, and also consider using sleep aids if your sleep isn't that good.
Ksm-66 ashwagandha too.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Life and training: Sleep, proper nutrition, deloads as needed

Supplementation: rhodiola, KSM-66, and some ZMA or HMB could help

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Reduced cortisol = better cns recovery? Maybe?
Naw. Cortisol isnt the bad guy people think it is.

Deloads. Deloads. Deloads. Useful if you train at a pretty high intensity, otherwise just scale back volume for a bit as well if you think it stems from the gym.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Central Nervous System & Natty Supplements

Deloads. Deloads. Deloads. Useful if you train at a pretty high intensity, otherwise just scale back volume for a bit as well if you think it stems from the gym.
True enough. But if chronically elevated it could impair recovery.

Deloads are crucial! Church! For me at least.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
True enough. But if chronically elevated it could impair recovery.

Deloads are crucial! Church! For me at least.
For sure! Ashwagandha still gets my vote though. So useful

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

True, but adaptogens like ashwagandha have benefits that may be relevant here independent of reducing cortisol.

I'm not going to say that anything is going to technically help with the CNS, or even that the issue here is even CNS related, but I've found that HMB allows me to workout with more volume and/or frequency (not saying that it helps with CNS fatigue or anything like that). If someone's feeling burned out, they should probably take a deload, but if they really want high volume workouts after that, HMB may be worth looking into IMO. I also wouldn't recommend going insanely heavy (close to maxing out) every workout, multiple times a week under any conditions though (random thought).

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR has been shown to prevent nerve damage. But no idea if it has an effect on CNS.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
first off doing "45 min full body workouts" 3 times a week isnt going to tire your cns out lmao

there are exercises that will help in resetting the cns though

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Proper diet, training and sleep pattern will be the main thing. Other than that get a good multi and fish oil as well.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Life and training: Sleep, proper nutrition, deloads as needed

Supplementation: rhodiola, KSM-66, and some ZMA or HMB could help

Best answers you'll get regarding this issue. CNS "recovery" is a very complex topic and often confused for something else.