• Best Answer
  • RockStar
Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I've been waiting for this to happen. Seriously makes me mad. The benefits from CBD are amazing and can be used for just about any need.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sucks. Canada is making it (and marijuana in general) completely legal, federally, on July 1st (Canada Day) - medically and recreationally legal country-wide.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i figured the stuff was legal....I see it at vape shops all over the place and recently saw a 5hour energy style cbd at a gas station

compan

compan

Awards
As somebody with IBD, I disagree with their "no medicinal use" claim.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Its odd as many companies still sell it and have not seen much saying it is now illegal.

Ripple2352

Awards
It’s still legal at the state level (and I think all 50). So while its absolute garbage that this medicine is considered at schedule I drug, as long as the states don’t falter, you can still buy it.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
CBD doesn’t ****ing get you high though! Dinosaurs in Congress like Jeff Sessions are the reason for laws like this

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
CBD doesn’t ****ing get you high though! Dinosaurs in Congress like Jeff Sessions are the reason for laws like this
Ummmmm no longer in Congress . . . .

Kinda hard to miss that these days.
Also in the news-we have a reality-TV star turned President in the White House

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Your point is?!?

He is the god damn attorney general.

You honestly dont think that man still has massive influence on legislation?

Or are you retarded?

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Your point is?!?

He is the god damn attorney general.

You honestly dont think that man still has massive influence on legislation?

Or are you retarded?
Given that the republicans can’t agree on a damn thing nor get anything done with a majority in both houses, I actually think that the attorney general (who has a tenuous relationship with the president AND IS A MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH WITH NO IMPACT ON CONGRESS) has little influence on legislation.

Thanks for the ad hominem attack, but I feel pretty secure in my intelligence. What pisses me off is people who support a reasonable position with asinine logic like blaming the attorney general for what goes on in Congress. But, whatever. . .facts get in the way of a good argument too often. Might as well stick to stoner logic

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Given that the republicans can’t agree on a damn thing nor get anything done with a majority in both houses, I actually think that the attorney general (who has a tenuous relationship with the president AND IS A MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH WITH NO IMPACT ON CONGRESS) has little influence on legislation.

Thanks for the ad hominem attack, but I feel pretty secure in my intelligence. What pisses me off is people who support a reasonable position with asinine logic like blaming the attorney general for what goes on in Congress. But, whatever. . .facts get in the way of a good argument too often. Might as well stick to stoner logic
But why did you have to bring up Trump being a reality-star President? What does that have to do with this topic? Just couldn’t resist getting a dig in at Trump?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But why did you have to bring up Trump being a reality-star President? What does that have to do with this topic? Just couldn’t resist getting a dig in at Trump?
lol...haters gotta hate!!!:angryfire:

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
i figured the stuff was legal....I see it at vape shops all over the place and recently saw a 5hour energy style cbd at a gas station
Where you from? I see it all over in washington but weed is legal there

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where you from? I see it all over in washington but weed is legal there
Pennsylvania....weeds not legal here either...they did recently pass some for medical use but it's so few and far between in order to get a prescription for it....however CBD is readily available

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Isn't much of the CBD on the market extracted from Hemp?

Ripple2352

Awards
Isn't much of the CBD on the market extracted from Hemp?
Yep. That only makes the fact the fed govt considers it a schedule I drug even more laughable. The amount of THC in hemp and cannabidoil is so minute it won’t show on a drug test. I couldn’t even tell you how much you’d have to consume over a given period for it to show.

Frankly, and I don’t think this is “too far”, it’s a crime against us as citizens to have this substance scheduled. It’s no different than olive oil, hemp oil, avocado oil, etc... Even if one elects not to use it, its still a crime. No different than it’s psychotropic cousin, Mary Jane.

It’s kind of hard to roll back 50 years of propaganda pointed towards demonizing a substance that is, all things considered, relatively harmless. And what to do with all the people in prisons and jails because of it. And oh, there’s nothing in place...yet...to tax it. Once these idiots figure out the whole taxation bit, I’m sure the legalization laws will all flyyyy through.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep. That only makes the fact the fed govt considers it a schedule I drug even more laughable. The amount of THC in hemp and cannabidoil is so minute it won’t show on a drug test. I couldn’t even tell you how much you’d have to consume over a given period for it to show.

Frankly, and I don’t think this is “too far”, it’s a crime against us as citizens to have this substance scheduled. It’s no different than olive oil, hemp oil, avocado oil, etc... Even if one elects not to use it, its still a crime. No different than it’s psychotropic cousin, Mary Jane.

It’s kind of hard to roll back 50 years of propaganda pointed towards demonizing a substance that is, all things considered, relatively harmless. And what to do with all the people in prisons and jails because of it. And oh, there’s nothing in place...yet...to tax it. Once these idiots figure out the whole taxation bit, I’m sure the legalization laws will all flyyyy through.
I agree with you man. I was just telling someone about this and just couldn't believe the crap the feds are saying.

compan

compan

Awards
I'm just glad I like in WA and don't have to worry about the FDA being influenced by big pharma. My lower back and stomach weren't feeling great yesterday while standing around a lot. Took a 10mg CBD mint yesterday and completely forgot about it because the discomfort when away. No impairment whatsoever either. It's an absolute shame everybody can't experience that.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Pretty sure I saw a study that claimed that it was .03% THC in legit CBD.

OldGreyFitGuy

Awards
Pretty sure I saw a study that claimed that it was .03% THC in legit CBD.
Right, and for it to pop positive on a drug test an average sized human would have to ingest 2000 mg of CBD in a day!

Ripple2352

Awards
I'm just glad I like in WA and don't have to worry about the FDA being influenced by big pharma. My lower back and stomach weren't feeling great yesterday while standing around a lot. Took a 10mg CBD mint yesterday and completely forgot about it because the discomfort when away. No impairment whatsoever either. It's an absolute shame everybody can't experience that.
Everybody can experience that, because CBD oil/products are legal in all 50 states. Now, Mary Jane and THC products (or CBD/THC blends) are a different story.

Ripple2352

Awards
Right, and for it to pop positive on a drug test an average sized human would have to ingest 2000 mg of CBD in a day!
That’s a lot of CBD lol. Now, admittedly, I don’t know what patients with extreme problems and illnesses take, but I don’t think it even flirts with 2 grams a day! But, maybe I’m wrong.

Point being, nobody is getting high in any sort of way whatsoever from trace THC in CBD products. But, apparently it’s ok to have trace amounts of lead, pesticides, and radioactive materials from run-off in our drinking water? Again, it’s a crime against the citizens.

OldGreyFitGuy

Awards
That’s a lot of CBD lol. Now, admittedly, I don’t know what patients with extreme problems and illnesses take, but I don’t think it even flirts with 2 grams a day! But, maybe I’m wrong.

Point being, nobody is getting high in any sort of way whatsoever from trace THC in CBD products. But, apparently it’s ok to have trace amounts of lead, pesticides, and radioactive materials from run-off in our drinking water? Again, it’s a crime against the citizens.
I totally agree.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I meant LIKE Jeff Sessions as in having the same “reefer madness” views and mentality. Not actually Jeff Sessions himself. Just using him as a reference point because his views on cannabis are so ludicrous and I don’t even smoke! Lol He compares cannabis to heroin. There are clearly members of Congress who share his sake views unfortunately.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
CBD even at .3% should be legal....but as far as pot goes they need to work out the logistics of testing...say for example impaired driving, or accidents at work, as far asi know there is no way to tell if you smoked last week or 10 minutes ago?

I am very anti-drunk driving, I don't want more impaired drivers out there endangering my family!!!

Ripple2352

Awards
I meant LIKE Jeff Sessions as in having the same “reefer madness” views and mentality. Not actually Jeff Sessions himself. Just using him as a reference point because his views on cannabis are so ludicrous and I don’t even smoke! Lol He compares cannabis to heroin. There are clearly members of Congress who share his sake views unfortunately.
The unfortunate thing is this isn’t even THC/cannabis we’re talking about! It’s a compound found in hemp (and marijuana)! No different than the polyphenols and antioxidants found in olive oil, flax oil, avocado oil, etc...

For marijuana to become legal, at the federal level at least, there’s a lot that needs to be figured out. I’ll give them that. So, from that point of view, TEMPORARILY keeping marijuana scheduled (albeit scheduled less seriously) while they PROACTIVELY WORK TOWARDS legalizing it makes a modicum of sense. But CBD being a schedule I drug is nothing short of absolute and pure ridiculousness on the most grand of scales.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live in California and have been involved in the 420 scene for years.
CBD 1:1 thc ratio stuff is the only thing I injest.
But to be honest I still am impaired when I smoke it.
Currently I'm perfecting a sharkshock strain.
I have my own s1 seeds that I made from an original f1 sharkshock cbc plant.
7%the 7%cbd.
Completely medicinal.
Stomach, back, mind are all eased from it.....but I would still call myself slightly impaired after I smoke it.
CBD actually counter acts the psychedelic effects of marijuana. Makes it much more a sedative.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CBD even at .3% should be legal....but as far as pot goes they need to work out the logistics of testing...say for example impaired driving, or accidents at work, as far asi know there is no way to tell if you smoked last week or 10 minutes ago?

I am very anti-drunk driving, I don't want more impaired drivers out there endangering my family!!!
I think there was a study done on this. Where they showed HIGH doses of marijuana was less impairing then being at the legal limit of blood alcohol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think there was a study done on this. Where they showed HIGH doses of marijuana was less impairing then being at the legal limit of blood alcohol.
my friend, impaired is impaired...people are lousy enough drivers stone cold sober-they don't need any assistance!!!

people are so damned worried about guns, way more people get killed and injured from impaired driving/drivers than guns!!!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nvm I confused the articles I read. There was no study, that I'm aware of, that compared the two. Rather it was an article that saying how hard it is to compare/set a legal limit for marijuana, like you would with alcohol

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my friend, impaired is impaired...people are lousy enough drivers stone cold sober-they don't need any assistance!!!

people are so damned worried about guns, way more people get killed and injured from impaired driving/drivers than guns!!!
Agreed. I was remembering falsely an article I read. I found it and reread it, and it was actually about how setting legal limit for marijuana being more challenging than alcohol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I was remembering flase an article I read. I found it and reread it, and it was actually about how setting legal limit for marijuana being more challenging than alcohol.
don't get me wrong, I'm all for legalization....I just don't want stoners smoking a joint then driving with no way for enforcement...anymore than I want people drinking and driving, but I am fine with people drinking OR smoking and NOT driving!!!

what you do in your home is no concern of mine!!!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
don't get me wrong, I'm all for legalization....I just don't want stoners smoking a joint then driving with no way for enforcement.

what you do in your home is no concern of mine!!!
Fully agree.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Playing devils advocate here. Because even though I dont use MJ. In no way should it be criminalized imo.

I share that we don't want more DUI's out there with you. I really do. But then how do we make Alcohol legal on one hand, and then on the other hand, use a specific lie and claim MJ has no valid medical use? It is because our very own Gov't is telling the lie, to protect the profits of Big Pharma and others.

That's the BS we are sick and tired of. All of us. Just like the new SARMS bill. On one hand you have the Gov't and other agencies saying that for athletes, it's super dangerous, mimics testosterone (which is also wrongly scheduled). On the other hand, the FDA and others are saying how safe SARMS are for patients and they have very little, or no risk.

It is this hypocrisy...that is not just words..but it is actions. It is Ruining someones life or attempting to, by prosecuting them in the Flawed Criminal Justice system. For next to nothing. To protect Profit. Like someone else said, this is an attack on the American Citizen.

I can speak to this having been to Prison in 2009 for my AAS arrest. 10bottles of cyp, some orals and half of them were used/empty. My syringes "disappeared" from evidence, in order to attempt to make my arrest look like sales/distribution.

These agencies, and law enforcement, who have to be held to a high standard, are actually the true criminals. The ones that are involved in this. Go along with it. Or otherwise say nothing all the while it happens, with them fully well knowing how fraudulent this all is. It is not the personal user of CBD, AAS, MJ. So for this reason, I am personally against the Gov't being in control of any of this. They have the ability to use their "discretion" and in almost every case, they intentionally **** that up. And the individual (who is not harming anyone) is the one who pays the for Big Pharma's money with their freedom, aka Prison time, legal fees, court fees, etc.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

ive always thought there should be an advance drivers test.
where you take a more advanced test and if you pass you r insurance should be cheaper. i think that the clumsiness with alcohol is much more than marijuana. marijuana dosnt really cause stumbling or word slurring.
but your right, people suck at driving

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
ive always thought there should be an advance drivers test.
where you take a more advanced test and if you pass you r insurance should be cheaper. i think that the clumsiness with alcohol is much more than marijuana. marijuana dosnt really cause stumbling or word slurring.
but your right, people suck at driving
Weed makes me straight up retarded and i wouldnt be able to drive at all. Wont ever see me smoking weed and driving. And you wont ever see me drinking period. Just saying weed impairs me immensely. I used to be able to smoke all day and literally couldnt function without it. But that ship sailed a long time ago

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weed makes me straight up retarded and i wouldnt be able to drive at all. Wont ever see me smoking weed and driving. And you wont ever see me drinking period. Just saying weed impairs me immensely. I used to be able to smoke all day and literally couldnt function without it. But that ship sailed a long time ago
Man it was just a few years ago where I was literally high for a year. I went to school high. I went to work high. I played football games high. I went to church high. You named it and I was stoned during it. It was actually one of my most productive years ever. Now I agree fully it does impair motor skills and should never be used while driving. I think during that whole year I drove a total of 6 miles while stoned. As I always had some else drive me. Even though nothing happened i still wished I didn't drive those six miles. It just is nowhere near as impairing as alcohol. Even the legal limit of alcohol is more impairing then weed imo.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man it was just a few years ago where I was literally high for a year. I went to school high. I went to work high. I played football games high. I went to church high. You named it and I was stoned during it. It was actually one of my most productive years ever. Now I agree fully it does impair motor skills and should never be used while driving. I think during that whole year I drove a total of 6 miles while stoned. As I always had some else drive me. Even though nothing happened i still wished I didn't drive those six miles. It just is nowhere near as impairing as alcohol. Even the legal limit of alcohol is more impairing then weed imo.
Just moved to Seattle and can definitely say that weed can be as impairing as alcohol if not more. It all depends on the person and the weed. Ethanol is easier to make laws around because it's one chemical that gets diluted. Walk into any legal weed store and the choices alone are overwhelming. If you want something to relax you a little bit, they got that; if you want something to knock you on your ass, they got that too. Plus the mechanisms of how they work are different, so it's comparing apples to oranges.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never had a problem driving on weed.
Nobody I know has either. We've been smoking weed our whole lives. On the other hand. I've barely made it home after drinking. I've list a few friends from drunk diving too.
They are completely different animals.
Legal limit is way more dangerous than a couple joints, hands down.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've never had a problem driving on weed.
Nobody I know has either. We've been smoking weed our whole lives. On the other hand. I've barely made it home after drinking. I've list a few friends from drunk diving too.
They are completely different animals.
Legal li.it is way more dangerous than a couple joints, hands down.
on average a drunk driver will drive drunk 80 times before being arrested....because you can does not mean you should.

if you are not impaired from smoking weed why do you do it?

you must just like 'the taste', lol.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
on average a drunk driver will drive drunk 80 times before being arrested....because you can does not mean you should.

Sure there are strains that cause you to feel "intoxicated" maybe but there are others that don't. I believe it's user dependent on who can smoke what kind and perform what tasks. You get someone that has never smoked and they act all goofy either on purpose or because of the high. But for someone as myself that literally smokes before anything that it really doesn't cause any impairment. I smoke before work, doctor visits, court any situation in life. I first started smoking because every other youngster was doing it then I realized this is something I can supplement for my social anxiety, pain from hernia, stress of life, added calories..

I understand some don't agree and never will that's how my whole family is. I respect you like I do them and your opinion. I just really have seen the medicinal benefits of pot.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I smoke high CBD because it has tons of medical benefits.
I never drive after drinking....I never drink.
It taste alright I guess. But I smoke an actual medical strain. You really don't get high.
I've literally been around marijuana since I was 11 years old. I've never seen marijuana hurt anybody.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure there are strains that cause you to feel "intoxicated" maybe but there are others that don't. I believe it's user dependent on who can smoke what kind and perform what tasks. You get someone that has never smoked and they act all goofy either on purpose or because of the high. But for someone as myself that literally smokes before anything that it really doesn't cause any impairment. I smoke before work, doctor visits, court any situation in life. I first started smoking because every other youngster was doing it then I realized this is something I can supplement for my social anxiety, pain from hernia, stress of life, added calories..

I understand some don't agree and never will that's how my whole family is. I respect you like I do them and your opinion. I just really have seen the medicinal benefits of pot.
WORD!!

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I smoke high CBD because it has tons of medical benefits.
I never drive after drinking....I never drink.
It taste alright I guess. But I smoke an actual medical strain. You really don't get high.
I've literally been around marijuana since I was 11 years old. I've never seen marijuana hurt anybody.
We had a few strains of the high cbd and no thc strain of the plant in stores here but with the new ruling those are gone. I smoke just about whatever I can find since it isn't legal here. I have friends that have all the resins, shatter ect.. that stuff is cool I enjoy it as well but I really enjoy a nice bowl or joint for sure.