Went during lunch + after work.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to lay by the pool and just fall asleep!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Warmup jog
7 min
1600m sprint @7min
Rest 3min
1600m sprint at 7/10RPE
Rest 3 min
Recovery jog back home

Ring rows
3x20

Pushup
15x20

Leg Raises
150 (cumulative)

Deload week. Felt way too run down after Mon in the gym. Roommates move out next Friday. Gonna have the house allllll to myselllllllllf

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
**** cardio!

Snatch technique work
95x1
145x2
165x1
185x1
205xmiss
185x1
195x1
205x1
215x1

6 sets
Pullups x 6
Hang snatch, 3 sec pause at knee @135

4 sets
RDL x 10
KB 1 arm press x 12

Hanging leg raises
3x15

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Deadlift 1RM
135x6
235x5
285x5
315x3
335x1
385x1
405x0

Bulgarian Split Squats
3x8 each leg @65

I have a serious balance issue. Will be seeing my PT tomorrow morn!

Ham string Curls
3x14

Dips + Eccentric Pull-ups superset
3x14 / 3x8

Back extensions 3x10
Decline crossover crunches 3x20
Rev Hypers 3x10

Run
1 mile | 7:23

If it's not my L4/L5 tear, it's something else.

#oldmanproblems.

Gonna go back to a 531 template now that I have all 1RMs, since that seemed to work for me a lot in 2012 with cardio.

The trainers I'm working with now are too scared to program strength because of injuries.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Also.. found a glock35 in the classifieds.. ?????

Put in an offer. Bout to have a new money sink project.

Also seen some remington 500s with magpul furniture. But idk if I'm ready to have another sinkhole match to attend. 3 gun gets pricey. I'd need a 4-16x variable optic, offset sights, red dot for the shotgun, and an RMR for the g35.

Talking at least 3 grand in glass. ?? and there's still internal work and kit.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to go shooooooooooooting with you!

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Do you have a gun?

I have a pretty good guess since I think you're from CA

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Nice! 25yd line?

Shooting is relaxing to me.

You tune everything out, and dial everything into something very smooth is fluid.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
That little guy to the upper right warrants a super troopers quote

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I think this one was only 15 yards. Same for me!!! I totally zone out! What little guys? Lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glock? Must be nice. There's hardly any here where I'm stationed because of the lame ass gun laws.

Your thoughts on the M&P Compact? I'm looking for a new CC.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was a glock 19. I hate the sites on them but like them better than the M&P. I feel like the grip on the M&P is too short for me. I would really love a sig. It's perfect for me because I have small hands.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Glock? Must be nice. There's hardly any here where I'm stationed because of the lame ass gun laws.

Your thoughts on the M&P Compact? I'm looking for a new CC.
Where you stationed sean?

It's a reliable gun. But I carry a full sized gun 90% of the time. I don't wear nuthugger jeans, and I'd rather maximize my ammo.

the m&p40c was my first gun. I have huge hands so I hated depending on the pinky extention for a full grip, and I hated being mindful of my pinky on reload. I didn't feel that it offered enough concealment advantage over the G19 to give up shoot ability and mag capacity. It was a good gun, there was just better.

Since I started shooting competitions this year, and now that I'm gonna be shooting that g35 with a 5.3" barrel, I don't think I'd want to go back to a compact sized gun. Plus, I hate being that guy that carries solely for the one time/worst situation possible to happen. So I'd rather carry something I can use for other than an EDC and to have fun with. I look at the g36 and I'm like... why? Lol. It's paper thin and holds 7 rounds. you gonna throw it at the mf'er once it goes dry? Lol.

Just user preference.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where you stationed sean?

It's a reliable gun. But I carry a full sized gun 90% of the time. I don't wear nuthugger jeans, and I'd rather maximize my ammo.

the m&p40c was my first gun. I have huge hands so I hated depending on the pinky extention for a full grip, and I hated being mindful of my pinky on reload. I didn't feel that it offered enough concealment advantage over the G19 to give up shoot ability and mag capacity. It was a good gun, there was just better.

Since I started shooting competitions this year, and now that I'm gonna be shooting that g35 with a 5.3" barrel, I don't think I'd want to go back to a compact sized gun. Plus, I hate being that guy that carries solely for the one time/worst situation possible to happen. So I'd rather carry something I can use for other than an EDC and to have fun with. I look at the g36 and I'm like... why? Lol. It's paper thin and holds 7 rounds. you gonna throw it at the mf'er once it goes dry? Lol.

Just user preference.
MA. Glocks are on the approved list but they're hard to come by. As much as I'd love to carry a full-size, I know I won't carry it often if that's the case. But...I just looked online at the dimensions between my Shield and the compact and there's hardly any difference so nevermind lol I thought it was larger so disregard.

So, until I move, I'm looking for strictly an EDC, cost efficient. I don't care if it's full-size or compact, but something comfortable to carry. Any other thoughts? I carry a sig229 at work but I don't have a grand to drop on a sig lol

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
You're military right? Do you know about the blue label deal?

most pistols on the market are pretty reliable these days. If you're gonna buy it just for EDC, I doubt you're gonna see a malfunction. It's not like you're putting thousands of rounds through it.

At this point it's just about shootability. How's do you like your recoil, can you maintain a good grip while firing, can you get a good clean grip from an IWB/concealed carry, or are you finger ****ing it while you're presenting on target. For me, I'd like to have a good grip established out of the holster, that way I can just focus on getting rounds on target in 1.5s or less. I don't want to be readjusting while presented because the grips too fat, uncomfortable, can't get a grip, etc

I'd just go try out a bunch at the shop and see how they feel. KelTec seems to be putting out some decent CC guns for under 300. Never fired em

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I haven't heard of the Blue Label Deal.

So, in searching it...I searched their LE dealers. All 3 of them. The first one, is a wholesale LEO dealer in the same town where my gym is at. So...Just need to see if they'll sell to individuals. Thanks for that, man.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
No, I haven't heard of the Blue Label Deal.

So, in searching it...I searched their LE dealers. All 3 of them. The first one, is a wholesale LEO dealer in the same town where my gym is at. So...Just need to see if they'll sell to individuals. Thanks for that, man.
They sell to military and law enforcement.

Should be able to either order a glock direct from the factory and have it sent there, or if they have it, just show your creds.

A G19 on blue label is probably 398$ IIRC

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Ah misread. Sorry haven't had my coffee yet. I'd imagine they would sell to individuals.

Be weary of some dealers claiming to be Blue Label dealers. I've heard of blue label dealers adhering to their own price standard. The prices off the site should be what you pay minus taxes/upgraded night sites/etc

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Swimming
250m warmup crawl

5 bobs 12'
50m sprint
5 bobs 12'
50m sprint
5 bobs + back/front flip
50m sprint

Repeated the same in 15'

25m underwater crossover, no kickoff
25m underwater crossover, then bowline around the grate

Quick one.

Got x-rays done. My L4/L5 disc is looking a little thing ?

Left hip flexor is shut down, right is tightened up as a result, and thus knee/back pains.

#oldmanproblems

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards

Before and after a polish job. The trigger break is so crisp now. Pretty good reset on it too, no creep or over travel.

So I may just do a 20-30$ zev spring kit to lighten the pull, extended mag release, get a Leupold DeltaPoint2 if I can find someone to mill the slide, get a lone wolf drop in 9mm barrel, stipple the grip, and undercut the trigger guard.

Will probably just go with the warren tactical sights until I can free up 400$ for the delta point. that way I'm only just spending < 200 $ right now for easy mods.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Week 1

Bench
210x5
225x5
250x12

Cable flies
5x10

Bent over Rev db flies
3x12

Chin ups
3x10

Run
1 mile | 7:04

cycle trainer
15 minutes

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Way to double my bench reps there.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
You can have my bench if it means we trade our L4/L5 disc. I'm lacking in the DL/SQ dept

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Come on dude. You have 23 good discs. What's one bad disc gonna do for you? mines got history with it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Come on dude. You have 23 good discs. What's one bad disc gonna do for you? mines got history with it.
I may need mine all intact when I lose a hip.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Pool day

700m freestyle

Underwater Suicides
37.5m underwater crossovers
Underwater Suicide sprints AFAP

Almost passed out on the last set of suicides.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to learn to shoot my G19 better, come to Cali and teach me. It's a little suped up too where you're going with yours.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
I need to learn to shoot my G19 better, come to Cali and teach me. It's a little suped up too where you're going with yours.
Dry fire bro. You can dry fire all day, it's free. I dry fire leading up to a comp, and I dry fire for 30 minutes before I even shoot any rounds.

Get that perfect trigger pull, no jerk/anticipation. That front sight post shouldn't move.

View attachment 125427

Is this what it's like?
It's like that, but without girls. and without air.

CellWarrior

CellWarrior

Awards
  • Established
Hope all heals up and good luck

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dry fire bro. You can dry fire all day, it's free. I dry fire leading up to a comp, and I dry fire for 30 minutes before I even shoot any rounds.

Get that perfect trigger pull, no jerk/anticipation. That front sight post shouldn't move.

It's like that, but without girls. and without air.
Should I get snap caps or cool without it?

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Should I get snap caps or cool without it?
Snap caps are cool. Cool without too. Snap caps are good when running the "ball and dummy" drills working on encountering and clearing malfunctions. But if you're just dry firing a striker fired pistol you'll be fine without em.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for this log cuz you be strong! And because you like guns

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Check these out NomZ

Center is where you think the front sight post was at the time you fired. Those cones indicate your fundamental that's off if it's where your shot lies. Reference shot groups/patterns and not individual shots(not at least until you're dialed in and shooting better)

Sorry for the glare.

Put a black pastie/1 square inch black sticker on the wall above your TV. Dry fire on it whenever you're bored/watching tv/etc.

Or grab a 45 round and have a buddy place it on your front sight tip while you are fully presented, and try to dry fire without it falling off. If you cant.. just put it on your slide.

The first/biggest thing new/amateur shooters need to get over is anticipation. They know the shots coming, so they either jerk left/right, break at the wrist/forward etc. It won't show much 7-15 yards in, but at 25 yds the angular deviation gets larger and larger and your fundamental flaws will start to show.

Think of a 5* angle. the staight line on target is your picture sight, the 5* deviation line is your fundamental flaw. At 5 yards, it may only be off by 2-5" on target. The farther back you go, the more the angular deviation becomes prominent, because the cone grows. Now your groupings are 15-20" off.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will do, thanks brah.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great info here.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Squats with Thera band around knees
Warmup

195x5
225x5
255x5

RDL with theraband around knees
3x12

KB swings
3x20 @28kg
KB goblet squat + press outs
3x10 @12kg

Ab wheel
3x30

Running
1 mile | 7:46

Target is to get 1 mile in under 7 minutes 3x a week, then move on to 2 milers. My back injury has shut down my hams.. shut down my left hip flexor, caused my right hip flexor to get wound up tight, which is causing knee problems, and when I run on it, make even more knee problems.

When do I get my senior citizen discounts?

And 30 rep Ab wheels was a bad choice

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Got super sick this weekend. Had a weird spin of the flu + vertigo + migraine.

Feeling better today, but still have the migraine. So no lifting.

I did however get my warren tactical sights installed on the G35, and spring kit + trigger disconnector. Brought the trigger from 6lbs to 3.6lbs. Gonna fire it tomorrow to make sure there's no light strikes, then I'll see when I'm feeling good enough to run it in a comp.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Deadlift
225x5
260x5
300x10

Giant set
Iso static DL pull
:07
RDL
3x4 heavy
Hurdle jumps
4 hurdles

Pullups fat bar
3x12

Good foam roll

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You aren't already getting a senior citizen discount?

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
I may as well. About to retire and apply for social security if this keeps up.

justanotherj

justanotherj

Awards
Swimming
500m freestyle
1k fin

Back xrays came in. Got some degenerating and spurs going on in the disc. Now they want MRIs to figure out whether cortisone shots or surgery is next.

Ugh

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ruh roh, hopefully there's a treatment plan to get you coming back.

Just swim and do upper body, stop running and lifting.