Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I do agree, my point was more than neither side should be stating ‘facts’ as right now even a study suggesting one thing could be disproven in a month or so by another study. Long term scientific consensus won’t be available for some years imo.

Obviously the other thing is neither side should post stuff they make up simply to support their argument…..should be a given but happens frequently.

just my view but I think most things have to be ‘in my opinion’ when posted. As in, it’s healthy for us all to proffer our views (as honestly if I hear comment from others that I hadn’t considered it may change my view) but we all need to accept that this is a polarising situation for many and that there is and probably always will be a difference in opinion.
i am old enough to remember hospital waiting rooms having ashtrays and being full of smoke, plenty of doctors were smokers...remember the old government propaganda ads called reefer madness?

johnsar

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Are you talking about the vaccine, or cardarine?

/sarcasm
ha,,Bottom line is,, everyone here is so concerned about what they put in their bodies. When it comes to an experimental operating system...That has proven cases of people still getting this flu even after the vaccine, mind you...
.No one has a clue what is in them...But for that,, just follow the herd and roll up your sleeve. Insane.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
ha,,Bottom line is,, everyone here is so concerned about what they put in their bodies. When it comes to an experimental operating system...That has proven cases of people still getting this flu even after the vaccine, mind you...
.No one has a clue what is in them...But for that,, just follow the herd and roll up your sleeve. Insane.
in the interests of balanced debate, many of us here (me included) stab random peptides from China and gear from underground labs in their asses…..yet we are concerned about a vaccine produced in high end pharmaceutical facilities and subject to large amounts of scrutiny (compared to the other stuff we take).

im mocking myself some what here as I’m also saying I haven’t had the vaccine myself partly due to no long term safety data 🤷

we are complex beings 🤣

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is a genuine question, but why are you using ivermectin, then? The concentration at which it displayed anti-viral effects is achieved by 100x the anti-parasitic dose, and the anti-parasitic dose is where the safety data is coming from. Further, the anti-SARS-CoV-2 (in vitro) research was on Vero E6 cells at 5 μM, and when human primary air way epithelium was used, ivermectin failed to inhibit SARS-CoV-2 infection, even at 10 μM.

So, you’re either taking a dose that would never reach the concentration necessary to inhibit viral infection, or you’re using a dose that far exceeds the safety data, and it’s still very likely not doing anything at that concentration. This is also evidenced by the myriad of trials on ivermectin, where all the positive results come from small studies with shoddy design, and one of the large, randomized control trials that was a preprint, never peer-reviewed/nor published, was just retracted because they cooked the data. That’s this one, btw: https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-100956/v4

sadly, that pre-print was cited in over 30 studies on ivermectin, and represented the strongest evidence in favor of ivermectin - it was the largest trial to date. Here’s a good breakdown of all the evidence supporting the notion the data was cooked/methods were faulty

One can even (others have done it, I haven’t) rerun all the statistics of meta-analyses with and without that study and other poorly designed trials, and any incidence of benefit/positive association with ivermectin treatment is lost.

Here’s a meta-analysis on ivermectin RCTs: https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab591/6310839

“In comparison to SOC or placebo, IVM did not reduce all-cause mortality, length of stay or viral clearance in RCTs in COVID-19 patients with mostly mild disease. IVM did not have an effect on AEs or severe AEs. IVM is not a viable option to treat COVID-19 patients.”

Further evidence here: https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/05/26/bmjebm-2021-111678

“An important controversial point to consider in any rationale is the 5 µM required concentration to reach the anti-SARS-CoV-2 action of ivermectin observed in vitro,17 which is much higher than 0.28 µM, the maximum reported plasma concentration achieved in vivo with a dose of approximately 1700 µg/kg (about nine times the FDA-approved dosification).24 25 In this sense, basic fundamentals for assessing ivermectin in COVID-19 at a clinical level appear to be insufficient.”

“Nevertheless, assessments of ivermectin as prophylaxis or treatment for mild to severe COVID-19 continue being published in preprints26 27 and protocol repositories,28 29 which do not follow the recommended process to ensure quality standards in publications; whereas peer-reviewed reports (both observational and experimental studies) are slowly emerging, yet methodologically limited by heterogeneity in population receiving ivermectin, dosis applied and uncontrolled cointerventions.”

“Concluding, research related to ivermectin in COVID-19 has serious methodological limitations resulting in very low certainty of the evidence, and continues to grow.37–39 The use of ivermectin, among others repurposed drugs for prophylaxis or treatment for COVID-19, should be done based on trustable evidence, without conflicts of interest, with proven safety and efficacy in patient-consented, ethically approved, randomised clinical trials.”

Again I’m genuinely just curious, but based on that, it seems unreasonable to take ivermectin outside of a clinical trial, since it has questionable efficacy, and at the doses it might work, safety is more of a concern.

my personal stance is that I can and will be convinced by good data, so I’m not arguing it couldn’t be effective; that data simply isn’t out there right now and needs to be borne out from appropriately designed clinical trials. For example, this one: https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-23-ivermectin-be-investigated-possible-treatment-covid-19-oxford-s-principle-trial

edit: not medical advice
thank you for the links etc provided brother, I will review properly later when I’ve got chance (and it may well change my view).

I was basing most of my thinking around the Indian study on prevention in front line health care workers (I’m not sure if that’s referenced above).

im dosing it at 18mg once per week.

some other points I considered were

- very few side effects or negative impact - so at worst it will just do nothing

- the FDA couldn’t have approved the vaccines in the way they did using the legislation they did (just what I understand anyway) if there was a viable treatment available. This creates the prospect of a compelling reason for big pharma to not want ivermectin seen as viable and therefore a reason to discredit any research (we can see other examples of big pharma affecting FDA decisions to favour them, such as mon k in red rice yeast?)

I could absolutely be wrong and I’ll happily admit that. Just explaining my reasoning.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thank you for the links etc provided brother, I will review properly later when I’ve got chance (and it may well change my view).

I was basing most of my thinking around the Indian study on prevention in front line health care workers (I’m not sure if that’s referenced above).

- very few side effects or negative impact - so at worst it will just do nothing

- the FDA couldn’t have approved the vaccines in the way they did using the legislation they did (just what I understand anyway) if there was a viable treatment available. This creates the prospect of a compelling reason for big pharma to not want ivermectin seen as viable and therefore a reason to discredit any research (we can see other examples of big pharma affecting FDA decisions to favour them, such as mon k in red rice yeast?)

I could absolutely be wrong and I’ll happily admit that. Just explaining my reasoning.
i am curious what treatment protocol hospitals are using for severe cases of covid?

i hope the attitude is not you got what you deserve if you didn't get vaccinated, although i suppose there are those even in healthcare that feel that way?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i am curious what treatment protocol hospitals are using for severe cases of covid?

i hope the attitude is not you got what you deserve if you didn't get vaccinated, although i suppose there are those even in healthcare that feel that way?
to be fair all the health professionals I personally know don’t have that attitude although I’ve had a lot of pressure from people outside of healthcare (my family) about it. Mostly not because the uk gov are starting to make one set of rules for double vaccinated and one set for those of us that aren’t. For example i won’t be Allowed in nightclubs or large gatherings from September……

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
to be fair all the health professionals I personally know don’t have that attitude although I’ve had a lot of pressure from people outside of healthcare (my family) about it. Mostly not because the uk gov are starting to make one set of rules for double vaccinated and one set for those of us that aren’t. For example i won’t be Allowed in nightclubs or large gatherings from September……
before the vaccines it seemed every week there were new drugs and protcols for treatment of covid. since vaccines became available i haven't heard much about treatments, it's almost like get the vaccines or pay the price...personally my wife and i are good to go since we already tested positive and had very, mild symptoms.

doing a little research i found that remdesivir was approved by the fda for treatment of covid 19 in oct of 2020 but no new drugs are in the works it seems...i heard that local hospitals don't want you to go to ER unless you can't breathe-wow, if you can';t breathe you only have a few minutes to live.

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Dexamethasone (steroid), Remdesivir (antiviral), and for more severe refractory cases, a Tocilizumab (biologic) injection.

As far as attitude toward the hospitalized unvaccinated positive population- let’s just say we shake our heads a bit and aren’t exactly thrilled. We are supportive though and still offer our best care. The patients are already immersed in regret, so they don’t need that from us.

I often wonder how different people would be reacting throughout all of this if it were babies, children, and adolescents that were the hardest hit with the China virus. People would be flipping out and fighting for the opportunity to get an experimental vaccine of any sort. Also, people would be judged much more for being unvaccinated than they are now, as old people don’t really matter in the eyes of many. We could very well get our chance to find out what that reaction would look like as new variants emerge in the future.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Currently we have 11 treatments authorized for emergency use. There are definitely other drugs in the works and one just got pushed to stage 2 clinical trials. They're looking to get fast-tracked through the FDA if things go well. The total number of possible treatments (excluding vaccines) approved for research is pushing 500 last I heard.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dexamethasone (steroid), Remdesivir (antiviral), and for more severe refractory cases, a Tocilizumab (biologic) injection.

As far as attitude toward the hospitalized unvaccinated positive population- let’s just say we shake our heads a bit and aren’t exactly thrilled. We are supportive though and still offer our best care. The patients are already immersed in regret, so they don’t need that from us.

I often wonder how different people would be reacting throughout all of this if it were babies, children, and adolescents that were the hardest hit with the China virus. People would be flipping out and fighting for the opportunity to get an experimental vaccine of any sort. Also, people would be judged much more for being unvaccinated than they are now, as old people don’t really matter in the eyes of many. We could very well get our chance to find out what that reaction would look like as new variants emerge in the future.
#1. babies and children are NOT the hardest hit, you are straying into the area of hypothetical.
#2. it is a sad time in history when in the 'eyes of many old people don't really matter'.
#3. i believe you when you say that you shake your head and aren't thrilled but are supportive and offer your best care--but you can't speak for others. before putting my mom in assisted care i read many horror stories about how alzheimers and dementia patients are treated--there are many bad apples in health care-my uncle was a victim of serial killer orville lynn majors-you should google orville lynn majors, that evil bastard stole a life that was very close to me.

i don't blame you for wanting to defend your chosen profession and i have respect for the great work the vast majority do, but don';t think for a minute there aren't really bad people involved in health care that have zero business being involved in patient care.....i should add that i don't exclude any profession, there are evil people involved in every line of work.

ssg11111

ssg11111

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Your argument:

brb bro throwing out all my freedoms because lil Timmy got sick

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
#1. babies and children are NOT the hardest hit, you are straying into the area of hypothetical.
#2. it is a sad time in history when in the 'eyes of many old people don't really matter'.
#3. i believe you when you say that you shake your head and aren't thrilled but are supportive and offer your best care--but you can't speak for others. before putting my mom in assisted care i read many horror stories about how alzheimers and dementia patients are treated--there are many bad apples in health care-my uncle was a victim of serial killer orville lynn majors-you should google orville lynn majors, that evil bastard stole a life that was very close to me.

i don't blame you for wanting to defend your chosen profession and i have respect for the great work the vast majority do, but don';t think for a minute there aren't really bad people involved in health care that have zero business being involved in patient care.....i should add that i don't exclude any profession, there are evil people involved in every line of work.
Yes, I am most definitely speaking hypothetically. Isn’t it interesting though to think about how different the dynamic would be though? We better hope the virus doesn’t mutate in to something that prays upon the physiological makeup of the very young. It’s just a reality that things would be so much worse on every level.

Generally speaking, the mentality in the hospital when an infant or child dies is dramatically different than someone even 20 or older. You would think that a bomb went off. Why do we view younger lives as a bigger loss than older people? I have always been the outlier and don’t triage the value of peoples lives in my head based on age. Because of that, I am always the calm one when an infant or child is brought in to the emergency department on the brink of death, or an infant is born and needs resuscitation. A life is a life, and that life matters to someone close to them regardless of their age.

I remember you telling me that before regarding OLM. That’s crazy, and I’m very sorry your family was victimized by such evil..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I am most definitely speaking hypothetically. Isn’t it interesting though to think about how different the dynamic would be though? We better hope the virus doesn’t mutate in to something that prays upon the physiological makeup of the very young. It’s just a reality that things would be so much worse on every level.

Generally speaking, the mentality in the hospital when an infant or child dies is dramatically different than someone even 20 or older. You would think that a bomb went off. Why do we view younger lives as a bigger loss than older people? I have always been the outlier and don’t triage the value of peoples lives in my head based on age. Because of that, I am always the calm one when an infant or child is brought in to the emergency department on the brink of death, or an infant is born and needs resuscitation. A life is a life, and that life matters to someone close to them regardless of their age.

I remember you telling me that before regarding OLM. That’s crazy, and I’m very sorry your family was victimized by such evil..
if only everyone in the medical profession had your attitude/mentality....i can fully understand feeling a deeper sense of loss when someone young dies, but this doesn't mean older lives don't have value--there are very few people who don't leave behind loved ones who mourn their passing even if they led a less than stellar life...

and yes orville lynn majors was a black eye not only on the medical profession but also on humanity as a whole....personally i am a conservative but i oppose capital punishment, i am very much against the death penalty even for evil bastards like orville lynn majors.

i think we are on the same page ricky, and thank you for your condolence, my uncle was a good man who deserved better.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Currently we have 11 treatments authorized for emergency use. There are definitely other drugs in the works and one just got pushed to stage 2 clinical trials. They're looking to get fast-tracked through the FDA if things go well. The total number of possible treatments (excluding vaccines) approved for research is pushing 500 last I heard.
could you post a link listing the drugs authorized to treat covid-19?

500-eh?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
aren't there strict criteria doctors have to follow to use EUA
Yes, usually certain criteria like inflammatory markers, time from onset of infection or symptoms, and how much support they are requiring. We have had instances when the pulmonologist ignores the criteria though if everything else is failing regardless.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, usually certain criteria like inflammatory markers, time from onset of infection or symptoms, and how much support they are requiring. We have had instances when the pulmonologist ignores the criteria though if everything else is failing regardless.
what drugs/protocol does he use if everything else has failed...i am curious how eager doctors would be to use EUA drugs?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
what drugs/protocol does he use if everything else has failed...i am curious how eager doctors would be to use EUA drugs?
Like if they are outside the window or criteria for Tocilizumab or convalescent plasma- which seems to not be used as much now. They have still offered these therapies to patients regardless of criteria.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Like if they are outside the window or criteria for Tocilizumab or convalescent plasma- which seems to not be used as much now. They have still offered these therapies to patients regardless of criteria.
i am glad to hear this....if i were dying i wouldn't care about protocols or criteria!!!

i wish this were the same for all illnesses!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i am glad to hear this....if i were dying i wouldn't care about protocols or criteria!!!

i wish this were the same for all illnesses!!!
Wanna hear something interesting? Of course you do…

We have this lady right now who required hospital admission for the China virus back in April, yet I don’t know how severe that illness was. Anyway, now she has been back in the past week due to ongoing shortness of breath and low oxygen levels. She tested negative upon admission, so she was not placed in isolation and healthcare personnel didn’t have to wear anything except for a surgical mask around her and eye protection (which are basically safety goggles that most of us never use anyway).

So one of our pulmonologists decided he wanted to perform a bronchoscopy (lung scope) on her to obtain a mucus sample from inside her lungs to rule out various infections. Last minute, he asked the lab to also test the sample for the China virus. Turns out she was positive and immediately placed in isolation. For whatever reason, they don’t seem to be requiring those who were exposed to her before then (like myself) to get tested.

It was subsequently decided to run testing on the pt for immune deficiency, yet I am not sure how that turned out as I have been off for 2 days. It makes me wonder though, is this really a second infection, or did the virus just never leave her actual lung tissue to begin with!?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wanna hear something interesting? Of course you do…

We have this lady right now who required hospital admission for the China virus back in April, yet I don’t know how severe that illness was. Anyway, now she has been back in the past week due to ongoing shortness of breath and low oxygen levels. She tested negative upon admission, so she was not placed in isolation and healthcare personnel didn’t have to wear anything except for a surgical mask around her and eye protection (which are basically safety goggles that most of us never use anyway).

So one of our pulmonologists decided he wanted to perform a bronchoscopy (lung scope) on her to obtain a mucus sample from inside her lungs to rule out various infections. Last minute, he asked the lab to also test the sample for the China virus. Turns out she was positive and immediately placed in isolation. For whatever reason, they don’t seem to be requiring those who were exposed to her before then (like myself) to get tested.

It was subsequently decided to run testing on the pt for immune deficiency, yet I am not sure how that turned out as I have been off for 2 days. It makes me wonder though, is this really a second infection, or did the virus just never leave her actual lung tissue to begin with!?
what is interesting is that she tested negative on standard covid test [i am assuming long q-tip up nostril] yet tested ;positive for covid from lung mucus test?

lots of questions, for example is the standard test ineffective...and does covid remain in lung tissue of everyone who gets it, and is she contagious even though negative on standard test?

btw i tested positive back in february and just recently competed in my 1st 7k race, finished right at 31 minutes...not bad for a 62 year old guy with a knee replacement-eh?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
what is interesting is that she tested negative on standard covid test [i am assuming long q-tip up nostril] yet tested ;positive for covid from lung mucus test?

lots of questions, for example is the standard test ineffective...and does covid remain in lung tissue of everyone who gets it, and is she contagious even though negative on standard test?

btw i tested positive back in february and just recently competed in my 1st 7k race, finished right at 31 minutes...not bad for a 62 year old guy with a knee replacement-eh?
Yes, negative with standard nostril test. I don’t know the answers to the rest, but they seemed to find it necessary to place her in isolation after the fact with personnel required to wear full PPE upon going in the room. Even patients with severe illness are taken off precautions at 20 days as they are deemed non transmissible.

Hmm…I just read that viral shedding can occur for up to 90 days from initial infection and doesn’t typically mean a positive standard test means reinfection. The nasal swab is probably not as sensitive to that, or there is less presence of the viral shedding in the upper airway at that point. I’m not sure they know what to make of her, so we shall see..

Yeah, well considering I have to stop and walk after jogging 1/4 mile I would say that is very impressive! I haven’t been so great at keeping up with my jogging, but I have been doing cardio at home as well. I had a traumatic experience with an outhouse the last time I went out for a jog/walk. Actually two traumatic experiences..

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote

I believe you are referencing Behera et al., then, which is a case control study with small sample size so it’s subject to confounding factors. Additionally, they found no effect from one dose and saw the 73% reduction only at 2 doses 72 hours apart, 300μg/kg. I could be wrong but if I remember correctly the 95% confidence interval was still pretty wide, and it’s not an RCT. The problem with many ivermectin trials, even the ones that show negative results, is that they are underpowered. Still, those that show positive results (and negative results) are consistently poorly designed, changing primary endpoints, questionable blinding/randomization, many reporting ORs <0.1 for clinical endpoints, no adherence to CONSORT guidelines, no prospective registration, etc.

I’m not saying ivermectin might not come out to be a useful drug based on the results of a well-powered study, I don’t really think it’s likely, but there is absolutely not enough evidence, and quality evidence is extremely lacking, to suggest it as a reasonable treatment. I believe the current recommendation by scientific bodies is that is should only be used in clinical trials to establish safety and efficacy for covid-19.

This is the largest or one of the largest RCT to date and shows no significant effect of ivermectin on treating mild covid patients. It is still technically underpowered based on the 95% CI, but if ivermectin were a miracle drug like lots of people think it is (not accusing you of that) a trial this size would be more likely to show it.

pharmacokinetics are also unlikely to work out since we have no idea how it is being distributed/sequestered in different tissues, or even being able to reach an effective concentrationAn 18mg tablet puts the blood concentration at 5 orders of magnitude off from the IC50 where it displayed anti-viral activity in monkey kidney cells.

“The broad-spectrum antiparasitic agent ivermectin has been very recently found to inhibit SARS-CoV-2 in vitro and proposed as a candidate for drug repurposing in COVID-19. In the present report the in vitro antiviral activity end-points are analyzed from the pharmacokinetic perspective. The available pharmacokinetic data from clinically relevant and excessive dosing studies indicate that the SARS-CoV-2 inhibitory concentrations are not likely to be attainable in humans.”

“The analyzed data show that at least at the clinically relevant dose ranges of ivermectin the published in vitroinhibitory concentrations and especially the 5 μmol/L level causing almost total disappearance of viral RNA are virtually not achievable with the heretofore known dosing regimens in humans. The 5 μmol/L concentration is over 50 times higher than the levels obtainable after 700 μg/kg17 and 17 times higher vs. the largest Cmax found in the literature survey (247.8 ng/ml)12. Moreover the authors’ claim for achieving viral inhibition with a single dose is inappropriate because practically the infected cells have been continuously exposed at concentrations that are virtually unattainable even with excessive dosing of the drug. With other words the experimental design is based on clinically irrelevant drug levels with inhibitory concentrations whose targeting in a clinical trial seems doubtful at best.”

I would encourage you to read the full text, too.

Overall, I’m not saying that it’s impossible that ivermectin could be shown to be a useful tool if the data from appropriate trials says otherwise, just that it’s unreasonable to treat it like that is the case right now. At the anti-parasitic dose, I am very convinced that ivermectin would do nothing. I think that if it has any effect as an anti-viral, it’s at much higher and more frequent doses, which no doctor, health professional, or laymen should advocating anyone else do (not accusing you of this, though I have seen it on this forum several times).

Again, I’m not a doctor and this is not medical advice, just my opinion based on what I’ve read and discussed.

Also, I’m not hating on ivermectin, there’s a reason it’s been given to 300 million people, 4 billion doses, the person who synthesized it won the Nobel prize in 2015, etc., it is a miracle drug for its anti-parasitic purposes.

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
My aunt was vaccinated no underlying health issues she was 58 years old in good health and she died from covid don't know how that worked if the vaccine works so well I don't know what this virus is but I know it effects everyone different if you want to get vaccinated that's on u if you don't that's on u i think we all need to stop arguing and fighting amongst ourselves and band together against the tyrants who are splitting us apart and doing a great job at it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My aunt was vaccinated no underlying health issues she was 58 years old in good health and she died from covid don't know how that worked if the vaccine works so well I don't know what this virus is but I know it effects everyone different if you want to get vaccinated that's on u if you don't that's on u i think we all need to stop arguing and fighting amongst ourselves and band together against the tyrants who are splitting us apart and doing a great job at it
condolences for your aunt...

it will take a LOT of prayers, my friend.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to come back in here after last week and see civil discussions and information being shared respectfully!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
People like you should be charged with manslaughter.
for voicing a opinion that differs from yours? manslaughter-PLEASE 💩
Having discussions amongst experts with strong backgrounds in applicable sciences is definitely a great thing! That is, of course, what science is all about. Intentionally using fear mongering to attempt to sway someone from getting a vaccine that has and will save countless lives is not acceptable. Calling that person out and holding them accountable is not censorship.
saying someone should be prosecuted for manslaughter for having a differing view is what is not acceptable to me.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
saying someone should be prosecuted for manslaughter for having a differing view is what is not acceptable to me.
I didn't say that and certainly don't think it's warranted.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn't say that and certainly don't think it's warranted.
so what do you think should happen to people who are opposed to covid vaccines?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
so what do you think should happen to people who are opposed to covid vaccines?
Natural selection will eventually take care of them. I don't think we need to do anything at all.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Natural selection will eventually take care of them. I don't think we need to do anything at all.
i like my chances pretty good, since i had covid and was hardly sick at all, how about you?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
i like my chances pretty good, since i had covid and was hardly sick at all, how about you?
I definitely got sick, but nothing real scary. I still did both doses of Pfizer. I would like to avoid further infection, if possible, so I'll do what I can.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I definitely got sick, but nothing real scary. I still did both doses of Pfizer. I would like to avoid further infection, if possible, so I'll do what I can.
sorry you got so sick. i'm actually glad my wife and i got got infected when we did, it was very mild for us both and neither of us plan on getting the vaccine.

do you think biden should be able to mandate vaccines to people who have already had covid, or anyone else for that matter? or are you for freedom of choice like abortion--my body my choice-eh?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
sorry you got so sick. i'm actually glad my wife and i got got infected when we did, it was very mild for us both and neither of us plan on getting the vaccine.

do you think biden should be able to mandate vaccines to people who have already had covid, or anyone else for that matter? or are you for freedom of choice like abortion--my body my choice-eh?
I don't think anyone should ever tell anyone else what to do with their body.

You're not immune though. You can still be infected again, and again... They are actually finding that people are having more complications with the second infection. A vaccine wouldn't save you from that, but it would add a second layer of protection. This is what ultimately swayed me to elect to take the Pfizer vaccine.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don't think anyone should ever tell anyone else what to do with their body.

You're not immune though. You can still be infected again, and again... They are actually finding that people are having more complications with the second infection. A vaccine wouldn't save you from that, but it would add a second layer of protection. This is what ultimately swayed me to elect to take the Pfizer vaccine.
i feel good about my choice to not get vaccinated if i can avoid biden's mandates, it seems he is becoming authoritarian in his approach to force people to get vaccinated. :mad:

glad to see you are also against mandates :)

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
i feel good about my choice to not get vaccinated if i can avoid biden's mandates, it seems he is becoming authoritarian in his approach to force people to get vaccinated. :mad:

glad to see you are also against mandates :)
There is value in the mandate as far as alleviating the stress put on the health care system. The biggest fear for anyone right now should be having some sort of health crisis and not getting the care they need because the hospital is overflowing with COVID cases. This is a reality right now in many areas throughout the world and here in the U.S.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There is value in the mandate as far as alleviating the stress put on the health care system. The biggest fear for anyone right now should be having some sort of health crisis and not getting the care they need because the hospital is overflowing with COVID cases. This is a reality right now in many areas throughout the world and here in the U.S.
lol...then it doesn't make sense to be firing healthcare workers if there is a shortage--how stupid is this?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
lol...then it doesn't make sense to be firing healthcare workers if there is a shortage--how stupid is this?
How stupid is health care in America? I'm pretty sure we all know this answer.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How stupid is health care in America? I'm pretty sure we all know this answer.
to say there is a shortage of workers then turn around and threaten to fire workers is stupid as hell...and it just isn't healthcare-there are a shortage of employees at almost every major chain store i go to-biden's mandates are threatening them also.

how stupid is biden? i'm very sure we all know this answer.