Car Insurance

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
I've never paid for car insurance. Parents paid for it through college and they are still paying for it. My wife has never paid for car insurance either. We are about to purchase a new SUV (for the wifey). I'm just wondering which car insurance are good to look at. We eventually have to start paying our car insurance. Any thoughts or suggestions, as far as who offers the best deal. Thanks in advance.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I've never paid for car insurance. Parents paid for it through college and they are still paying for it. My wife has never paid for car insurance either. We are about to purchase a new SUV (for the wifey). I'm just wondering which car insurance are good to look at. We eventually have to start paying our car insurance. Any thoughts or suggestions, as far as who offers the best deal. Thanks in advance.
Do an auto insurance quote comparison. Use insurance.com to compare rates and you can purchase coverage online, right there. Can't beat it!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It would be nice to not have to pay for car insurance. My teen years were spent in a single parent home. No way could my mother or father afford to do that.

Just find a local broker and have him quote you. My broker got me the best deal. This was after I checked the web though. Some companies want to contact you and wont give you answers. Be warned! This process is a hassle. Once you get a good insurance company, DON'T CHANGE! Unless of course you find a crazy deal somewhere.

Eruspoena

Awards
I received the best quote from Country Insurance, they seem to be a good company.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
depends where you live..however ive got a pretty good rate going with Allstate

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Aggravated, sorry you had to hear about your parents split.

Yeah, I just have too see what offers more/better and cheaper. I've heard good things about Allstate. I've haven't heard about Country Insurance, I will have to check it out.

I live in Tx.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
If you have the ability to use USAA do that, thats what I have. My GF has progressive, and they have been better than any other company I've ever heard of. Just the other night, like 11pm we notice that she has a flat tie, it was put on with a torque wrench and I couldnt get it off, we called progressive and they sent a guy out to us, changed the tire to the spare, and was done, all with in an hour, free of charge.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aggravated, sorry you had to hear about your parents split.

Yeah, I just have too see what offers more/better and cheaper. I've heard good things about Allstate. I've haven't heard about Country Insurance, I will have to check it out.

I live in Tx.
Regardless of where you live, I would always check with a local broker. They may be able to write you through Allstate, who knows?

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
it all depend on your age and where you live when i was living in vegas i paid 250 a month i moved back here to hawaii and i dropped it down to 60 bucks a month, notthing changed at all just location smae insurance company also state farm. i pay 100 a month for a 01 silverado and 05 scion so i think its a good deal

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I switched from Progressive to USAA and my premium was almost half. I have had one USAA claim, and it was handled great. Both of these companies maintain high standards though and they are very up front if you have a claim. Sometimes, it is just a matter of who you get to handle your claim though.

Try getting a quote from the insurance carrier you had through your family. If you have been insured by them since you started driving, they may offer the best deal from the carry over.