Capsule machines... What's out there?

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'm sick and tired of busting my ass on a Cap-m-quick... interested in a more automated route.. something that can pull the gel caps apart and stick it all back to gether again.... I'm not interested in the one that does 24 at a time. Minimum 100 size 1 caps at a time.

I've found a few that seem worthwhile.... Fastlock 100 / 200, by Feton.. and a profill unit.....

I'm just curious, if anyone knows of any other good units... Any personal experience? Does anyone happen to know where one can be found cheap... not really interested in spending 1000 USD to cap my own supps...

Just looking for info... (in may labx.com had a feton size 1 capsule filler go for 550 bucks.. that would of been perfect).

What do ya know?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still have to open the caps and place them in it and stick them back again. That's what poobah is tired of. But he can cap 600 at one go. Not bad!

insectgod

How may I help you today?
Awards
These guys have a filler that does 100 at a time for 710 if you get the orienter. If you just get the filler (and drop the caps in by hand) it's 395. It looks like you don't have to open or close the caps yourself. If I had the extra bux, I'd probably avail myself of one of these. Cap-m-quick is annoying.

http://www.torpac.com/hand_held_mini_capsule_filling_system.htm

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Still have to open the caps and place them in it and stick them back again. That's what poobah is tired of. But he can cap 600 at one go. Not bad!
lol.. yea I cam across that one... its basically a glorified cap-m-quick. It would still be very time consuming, and BORING!!! :)

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
These guys have a filler that does 100 at a time for 710 if you get the orienter. If you just get the filler (and drop the caps in by hand) it's 395. It looks like you don't have to open or close the caps yourself. If I had the extra bux, I'd probably avail myself of one of these. Cap-m-quick is annoying.

http://www.torpac.com/hand_held_mini_capsule_filling_system.htm
Yea that's the profill, I like that one. I'd definately want the orientator just for the sheer easy and speed of it all. speed would still be great with out it though. Only thing, is I have to make sure that it doesn't require specialized gel caps.. Something I read made me think that it might.

Other then that, the only other option (that I'm currently aware of) that does it all is the feton fastlock 100/200

http://cropharm.com/301PCL.html

---

About a year ago, I had a web site for a canadian based capsule machine... Can't for the life of me seem to find it again...

insectgod

Awards
Yea that's the profill, I like that one. I'd definately want the orientator just for the sheer easy and speed of it all. speed would still be great with out it though. Only thing, is I have to make sure that it doesn't require specialized gel caps.. Something I read made me think that it might.

Other then that, the only other option (that I'm currently aware of) that does it all is the feton fastlock 100/200

http://cropharm.com/301PCL.html

---

About a year ago, I had a web site for a canadian based capsule machine... Can't for the life of me seem to find it again...
The Feton looks pretty cool, but how much does a new one run? I skipped around that website and couldn't find a price.

insectgod

Awards
I was just looking at the link I had posted. Why do you think it requires special caps? Just asking because I don't see anything that would make me think that. I mean, crap, for 400 bux it better work on any capsules! Like I said though, if I had the spare money I'd get one anyway. I'd figure out a way to make it work. :twisted:

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was just looking at the link I had posted. Why do you think it requires special caps? Just asking because I don't see anything that would make me think that. I mean, crap, for 400 bux it better work on any capsules! Like I said though, if I had the spare money I'd get one anyway. I'd figure out a way to make it work. :twisted:
The site i originally found it on, used wording that made me suspect it might... But I could be completely wrong, and just over cautious. (don't hurt to be cautious). And going back and re-reading I can't see where I came up with that possibility. I sent an email asking just in case.

Here's a PDF on the Profill.

http://www.torpac.com/Reference/Torpac%20Profill%20Catalog.pdf

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The Feton looks pretty cool, but how much does a new one run? I skipped around that website and couldn't find a price.
I was quoted 785 american for the the Fastlock 100 kit. I'm assuming that comes with the orientator and filler, I suppose I better make sure.. :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was quoted 785 american for the the Fastlock 100 kit. I'm assuming that comes with the orientator and filler, I suppose I better make sure.. :)
Ha... if you pick something like that up.. how about I just send you my powders... with some dough to cover your time... and you just send me back the capped product??? :thumbsup:

Adams

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ha... if you pick something like that up.. how about I just send you my powders... with some dough to cover your time... and you just send me back the capped product??? :thumbsup:

Adams
You can't afford me... ;)

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For those of you that are interested... I was quoted 880 bucks for the 1L Profill system... Everything you need to do size 1 caps... and they threw in 20000 size 1 caps.... the 1l has the option to be outfitted to do size 0 or 00... 00 costing additional 495 bucks. :(

Torpac - Profill 880.00
Feton - Fastlock 785.00

Torpac will accept paypal... but is it worth the extra cost. Decisions... decisions.