Can you draw and inject with a 25 gauge syringe?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nah, some of these higher density substances (namely, 200mg/mL primo) are nearly impossible to push through a smaller gauge needle; it has nothing to do with finger strength. You have to apply so much force to the point that the finger flanges start to bend. Going to 23g has solved it for me, though, and I honestly don't notice the difference from a pain perspective.
Literally did 2.5cc shots of 200mg/ml primo weekly last blast with a 3cc/25g combo, no problem. And I do possess a high level of hand strength.

I am not talking down to you; I am glad you found what you like and am glad you shared because it will inevitably help someone else encountering similar issues.

But don’t mislead yourself or others that this is simply too difficult to consider. For one thing, besides hand strength, I’m sure specific brands for the syringe hardware & especially carrier oil/brewing matter. For example, my primo 200 was brewed in MCT - that’s definitely going to flow better than GSO.

For the record, pain should not ever be the issue with a sharp fresh needle - it’s accumulated scar tissue that is the concern. It builds up a lot faster than you’d think with even a 25g. The first time you jam through a big patch, it can be very disconcerting.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nah, some of these higher density substances (namely, 200mg/mL primo) are nearly impossible to push through a smaller gauge needle; it has nothing to do with finger strength. You have to apply so much force to the point that the finger flanges start to bend. Going to 23g has solved it for me, though, and I honestly don't notice the difference from a pain perspective.
The past 4 months I pushed primo e (200mgs/ml) through a 27 gauge into my VG. You might need better quality pins or more finger strength

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Literally did 2.5cc shots of 200mg/ml primo weekly last blast with a 3cc/25g combo, no problem. And I do possess a high level of hand strength.

I am not talking down to you; I am glad you found what you like and am glad you shared because it will inevitably help someone else encountering similar issues.

But don’t mislead yourself or others that this is simply too difficult to consider. For one thing, besides hand strength, I’m sure specific brands for the syringe hardware & especially carrier oil/brewing matter. For example, my primo 200 was brewed in MCT - that’s definitely going to flow better than GSO.

For the record, pain should not ever be the issue with a sharp fresh needle - it’s accumulated scar tissue that is the concern. It builds up a lot faster than you’d think with even a 25g. The first time you jam through a big patch, it can be very disconcerting.
This. One day you won’t have issues pushing the plunger, but pushing a needle through a cheese block is no fun.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Primo could be thick as caster oil or as thin as thin as mct, it's the oil, not the compound. Now if you gotta add a bunch of other stuff it my change things.

My point is you could push primo through a insulin syringe or it might be too thick for a 25 depending on how and what it's made in.

Theres also a pressure thing based on the size of a needle vs the barrel. Pushing through a 25 or 27g a 3cc could be tough sometimes (that's what I use tho) but if you put that 25/27 on a 1cc and it will pass through much smoother.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Primo could be thick as caster oil or as thin as thin as mct, it's the oil, not the compound. Now if you gotta add a bunch of other stuff it my change things.

My point is you could push primo through a insulin syringe or it might be too thick for a 25 depending on how and what it's made in.

Theres also a pressure thing based on the size of a needle vs the barrel. Pushing through a 25 or 27g a 3cc could be tough sometimes (that's what I use tho) but if you put that 25/27 on a 1cc and it will pass through much smoother.
Kind of a derail, but I love this story:

Clint Darden once said he knew another strongman that was so large he couldn’t pin his own glutes, and he didn’t have someone he trusted to pin him (or use other sites apparently). He would gently tape a full loaded syringe to the wall, then slowly just back up into it to inject.

You know that dude had to be using like 18g pins for that to work out!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Kind of a derail, but I love this story:

Clint Darden once said he knew another strongman that was so large he couldn’t pin his own glutes, and he didn’t have someone he trusted to pin him (or use other sites apparently). He would gently tape a full loaded syringe to the wall, then slowly just back up into it to inject.

You know that dude had to be using like 18g pins for that to work out!
That sounds horrible!😳😳😳

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mct, 27 gauge 1/2 inch, aim for VG. I also like the simplicity of a single need otherwise my bathroom starts to collect them around and looks like a medical supply store..