Can Visualizations Help Training?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

1. I was doing KB swings, listening to music. I did some visualization of me in the physique I want, pumping through reps. I hit a personal best.

2. In the past, I tried this with Barbell Weights and did not notice any progress.

3. Is there any science of weight-lifting visualizations? Do you guys use any of these?

4. I see some general evidence for visualization effects, but am more curious if there is more science to it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your not going to visualize your self into the perfect physique. But I think having a vision helps you head in the right direction. Also visualization of a muscle working or getting bigger I think can help with that mind muscle connection during your workout

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Your not going to visualize your self into the perfect physique. But I think having a vision helps you head in the right direction. Also visualization of a muscle working or getting bigger I think can help with that mind muscle connection during your workout
i think if you set a goal like a pr on bench and visualize yourself lifting it in your head it could give you the confidence that you can do it.
i think visualization is a tool most athletes use today, i don't see why it couldn't be applied to bb/weight lifting.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i think if you set a goal like a pr on bench and visualize yourself lifting it in your head it could give you the confidence that you can do it.
i think visualization is a tool most athletes use today, i don't see why it couldn't be applied to bb/weight lifting.
I 100% think it should be applied. If you don't believe in yourself or have visions of greatness or success your limiting yourself to settling for less

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 5
Weight Loss 3
Kronic Supplements 1
caset23 Supplements 20
Weight Loss 3