Answered Can test levels go down with no dosage changes on trt?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am on trt and receive once a week intramuscular injections of 175 mg testosterone into the buttocks. After starting trt this dosage put me in the 600s total test when drawn one week from my last shot. However, after about one year on trt on my latest blood draw on the same dosage test my total test only tested in the 400s this time. The shot before my blood draw was done by a new employee which makes wonder if perhaps they may have screwed up somehow in giving me the shot. The trt office claims your body can start metabolizing the dosage faster and has upped my dosage to 200 mg. Is their explanation plausible or is my theory of the employee “fn” up more likely? I was going to have them retest, but unfortunately I wasn’t expecting my results to come back so screwed up after my last draw so I had stated a cycle right after the blood draw, thus I didn’t want to get retested till after I had time to get the compounds out of my system.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It think that it is especially if you are converting to more estrogen. I would have them check your estrogen levels as well. If your estro is up more then that could be a part of it. However i am not a hormone guru so we can wait for some others to weigh in. If you are doing it for a year now why not get a script and do your own shots instead of going in over and over. My doc prescribes me 6 months at a time and I just go in for blood work to get renewed. Even if you are going to a TRT specially place I bet you can get your PCP or a urologist to set you up with home shots now after being on a year.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It think that it is especially if you are converting to more estrogen. I would have them check your estrogen levels as well. If your estro is up more then that could be a part of it. However i am not a hormone guru so we can wait for some others to weigh in.
Sensitive Estradiol test went way down from around 35 to 19, thus not converting more test to estrogen.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not interested in doing it myself and that is not the topic of this thread.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I am on trt and receive once a week intramuscular injections of 175 mg testosterone into the buttocks. After starting trt this dosage put me in the 600s total test when drawn one week from my last shot. However, after about one year on trt on my latest blood draw on the same dosage test my total test only tested in the 400s this time. The shot before my blood draw was done by a new employee which makes wonder if perhaps they may have screwed up somehow in giving me the shot. The trt office claims your body can start metabolizing the dosage faster and has upped my dosage to 200 mg. Is their explanation plausible or is my theory of the employee “fn” up more likely? I was going to have them retest, but unfortunately I wasn’t expecting my results to come back so screwed up after my last draw so I had stated a cycle right after the blood draw, thus I didn’t want to get retested till after I had time to get the compounds out of my system.
How long are after the last shot do they wait to draw blood? It makes a huge difference. The usual protocol is 48 hrs after last pin.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How long are after the last shot do they wait to draw blood? It makes a huge difference. The usual protocol is 48 hrs after last pin.
It is always on trough day- Seven days after my shot and right before they give me the next shot. Since they are consistent on when they do the draw that can’t be the issue.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is always on trough day- Seven days after my shot and right before they give me the next shot. Since they are consistent on when they do the draw that can’t be the issue.
Ohh, well I feel better about your levels then (both).
Sorry, I don't really have an answer to your question.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Couldn’t find an answer on my first go to either...”Google”! Lol @oldwitch how about you weigh in?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Think it is even possible for anybody with half a brain screw up giving a shot to someone in the ass lol? (Perhaps miss the muscle and shoot it into the fat instead basically accidentally dong a Subq shot). The only other thing I can think of that was different this time around is the shot two shots prior to this blood draw was a two week dosage due to me going out of town. Then I got back in town and got my normal shot and was tested one week later.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Think it is even possible for anybody with half a brain screw up giving a shot to someone in the ass lol? (Perhaps miss the muscle and shoot it into the fat instead basically accidentally dong a Subq shot). The only other thing I can think of that was different this time around is the shot two shots prior to this blood draw was a two week dosage due to me going out of town. Then I got back in town and got my normal shot and was tested one week later.
It's POSSIBLE they screwed up the shot, but HIGHLY unlikely.

I'm not on TRT, so some others might be better qualified to answer this qurstion.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, Total and Free Test levels are based on many other feedback systems in the body. The longer I was on TRT (200mg once a week) my levels kept dropping. I'd switch back and forth between Cyp and Enanthate to help since that slowed my body's adaption. In the end my SHBG kept dropping and I moved to multiple injections weekly. This helped balance me out.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First sorry for the off topic question didn't realize that other related conversation would be a bother to you...

It sounds like you might have just answered the question. The half life of a double dosed shot two weeks ago is going to end up lower than having the same amount over two shots once a week. 400mg will be 200mg after a week and 100 after 2 weeks. Those are just rough estimates it would be lower since half life is not a week long. Anyway so with the 200 one week later you have 100 but inject 200 again, the following week you have 50 left from the 1st shot, 100 from the second shot so your levels are still increasing with the weekly and are decreasing at the end of 2 weeks with no shot.

Again the numbers are not perfect or dead on but done with easier math for the illustration of what I think might be what happened that resulted in lower level reading this time.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First sorry for the off topic question didn't realize that other related conversation would be a bother to you...

It sounds like you might have just answered the question. The half life of a double dosed shot two weeks ago is going to end up lower than having the same amount over two shots once a week. 400mg will be 200mg after a week and 100 after 2 weeks. Those are just rough estimates it would be lower since half life is not a week long. Anyway so with the 200 one week later you have 100 but inject 200 again, the following week you have 50 left from the 1st shot, 100 from the second shot so your levels are still increasing with the weekly and are decreasing at the end of 2 weeks with no shot.

Again the numbers are not perfect or dead on but done with easier math for the illustration of what I think might be what happened that resulted in lower level reading this time.
Thanks for your post man. I thought that might play a role (the double shot before the last shot of the draw) due to the half life of test. Makes perfect sense. I must have had lower levels at the end of the 2 weeks before getting my last shot. At least I don’t have to worry that the office was fn up on the shot and hopefully Estradiol stays in range on the 200 mg and I can just stay on my higher 200 mg new dose.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your post man. I thought that might play a role (the double shot before the last shot of the draw) due to the half life of test. Makes perfect sense. I must have had lower levels at the end of the 2 weeks before getting my last shot. At least I don’t have to worry that the office was fn up on the shot and hopefully Estradiol stays in range on the 200 mg and I can just stay on my higher 200 mg new dose.
Yeah and what I put only counted from what was going on from those shots however even more would have fallen off from the week previous to that as well so it stands to reason it might have been a significant drop off.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah and what I put only counted from what was going on from those shots however even more would have fallen off from the week previous to that as well so it stands to reason it might have been a significant drop off.
True and when they give me a two week dose they don’t even double it. I am on 175 mg, but I believe when they do two weeks worth they only administer 300 mg not 350 mg that would be doubling it.