Can somebody help with my diet please...

start2train

Awards
Hi All,

I am currently trying to lose some weight, and lean up (If thats a phrase!)

I am currently around 13stone, and are 6ft 2.

I recently bought some scales which analyse % body fat ETC...not sure how accurate they are, buy they say im around 14% BF.

I am currently taking clenbuterol...

My daily diet ususally consists of:

Breakfast - Herbalife protein shake (27.5grms protein)

At work - 2 tins of tuna and salad, split into 3 containers, eaten every 2 hours.

Before gym - Half protein shake
After gym - Other half of protein shake

Dinner - Some fish or chicken ETC

Plenty of water throughout the day...

I dont want to bulk up big, just get more lean and reduce the slight pot belly.

Does this sound like a good diet, any suggestions for improvement?

Thanks in advacne for the help!
:)

BeafSteak

BeafSteak

Awards
from the looks of it, your not getting much dietary fat. try throwing in some nuts, nut butters, avocados, olive oil, etc.

faetfiada

faetfiada

Awards
i'd suggest a bigger breakfast. only time i'd agree with light breakfast is if you train right after.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Your also eating zero carbs and very low calories. Your diet seems to be very unbalanced, consisting of basically just protein and nothing else and in the long run this will lead to your metabolism being very slow and making fat burning difficult. Add in some fats like beefsteak suggested and look into adding some carbs atleast after your workout and with breakfast as well, eating carbs at those times wont inhibit your fat loss. If you choose to stay on zero carbs I would make sure you have a planned carb up day atleast once a week where you eat a high amount of carbs to refuel your body and keep your metabolism up.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Not even close to enough calories. Your body is going to eat muscle for energy. And you're taking clen? WTF dude. You can't even figure out your diet and you're taking something that will make your heart explode. good work.

start2train

Awards
Your also eating zero carbs and very low calories. Your diet seems to be very unbalanced, consisting of basically just protein and nothing else and in the long run this will lead to your metabolism being very slow and making fat burning difficult. Add in some fats like beefsteak suggested and look into adding some carbs atleast after your workout and with breakfast as well, eating carbs at those times wont inhibit your fat loss. If you choose to stay on zero carbs I would make sure you have a planned carb up day atleast once a week where you eat a high amount of carbs to refuel your body and keep your metabolism up.
Thanks for this, what would suggest to increase the carbs and calorie intake, so my body doesnt start to eat muscle instead of fat?

Things like white bread and potatoes?

Also, what do you suggest as a bigger breakfast? Any ideas?

Cheers dude

start2train

Awards
Also Timmo - I read this article:

Fat loss: The most popular use for Clen, it also increases muscle hardness,
vascularity, strength and size on a caloric deficit. For the most significant
fat loss, Clen can be stacked with T3. Diet: A high protein(1.5g per lb of
bodyweight), moderate carb(0.5g to 1g per lb of bodyweight), low fat diet(0.25g
per lb of bodyweight) seems to work best with Clen.

Are these measures meant to be consumed per day i presume:

If i am 187 pounds, would i be correct in saying this:

I need to eat,

Protein - 280 grms per day

Carbs - 93 grams per day

Fats - 46 grams per day.

If so, going back to my previous quote, could you ossibly give me examples of good carbs and fats to eat, im a little confused here, i have heard nuts for fat?

Thanks very much for you advice

:)

dommer

Banned
Awards
Thanks for this, what would suggest to increase the carbs and calorie intake, so my body doesnt start to eat muscle instead of fat?

Things like white bread and potatoes?

Also, what do you suggest as a bigger breakfast? Any ideas?

Cheers dude
wheat bread
eggs
oat meal
healthy breakfast cereal
beans

just look at some other members diets that they post

personally i eat carbs with breakfast and taper them off towards diner (diner is only veggie carbs nothing else) and make sure your eating a balanced diet like 40% of cals from protein 40% from carbs and 20% from healthy fats

diet is 3/4 of how you loose fat

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
I personally eat carbs at breakfast and then around my workout. Like my pre workout meal and post workout shake. Otherwise my other meals include quality protein and health fats from natural peanut butter, almonds and cashews. Eating the carbs at breakfast and around my workout keeps them from being stored as fat and also gives me adequate energy or training.

start2train

Awards
I personally eat carbs at breakfast and then around my workout. Like my pre workout meal and post workout shake. Otherwise my other meals include quality protein and health fats from natural peanut butter, almonds and cashews. Eating the carbs at breakfast and around my workout keeps them from being stored as fat and also gives me adequate energy or training.
Hi Tmmo, thats great.

With my previous post, below, am i right with what i say?

Fat loss: The most popular use for Clen, it also increases muscle hardness,
vascularity, strength and size on a caloric deficit. For the most significant
fat loss, Clen can be stacked with T3. Diet: A high protein(1.5g per lb of
bodyweight), moderate carb(0.5g to 1g per lb of bodyweight), low fat diet(0.25g
per lb of bodyweight) seems to work best with Clen.

Are these measures meant to be consumed per day i presume:

If i am 187 pounds, would i be correct in saying this:

I need to eat,

Protein - 280 grms per day

Carbs - 93 grams per day

Fats - 46 grams per day

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Yes those numbers are correct if you follow that article. But your also using the low number (.5g of carbs per pound of bodyweight) for your carb totals. I would vary that by day and eat the 1g of carbs per pound every other day or something like that if your going to continue to follow that plan.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know this is the nutrition forum, but don't forget there are techniques that you can do in the gym to maximize fatloss. Have you considered interval training and circuit training?

Regarding you diet, I'd recommend putting more carbs around your workouts to give you a bit more energy unless you want to do a ketogenic diet.

Ideas for a larger breakfast would be eggs, whole grain toast etc. Try and get some veggies into your diet, the micronutrients are very important for your overall health. Also fats are very important and several good sources have been mentioned. I would also like to suggest coconut oil and ground flaxseeds.

Other favourite foods or mine are sweet potatoes, cottage cheese or light cheese, and beans/lentils. You should consider making a big pot of bean salad, and putting it in small containers for the week and snacking on that with your tuna. They are a great source of fiber, nutrients, complex carbs and protein!

start2train

Awards
I know this is the nutrition forum, but don't forget there are techniques that you can do in the gym to maximize fatloss. Have you considered interval training and circuit training?

Regarding you diet, I'd recommend putting more carbs around your workouts to give you a bit more energy unless you want to do a ketogenic diet.

Ideas for a larger breakfast would be eggs, whole grain toast etc. Try and get some veggies into your diet, the micronutrients are very important for your overall health. Also fats are very important and several good sources have been mentioned. I would also like to suggest coconut oil and ground flaxseeds.

Other favourite foods or mine are sweet potatoes, cottage cheese or light cheese, and beans/lentils. You should consider making a big pot of bean salad, and putting it in small containers for the week and snacking on that with your tuna. They are a great source of fiber, nutrients, complex carbs and protein!
Hi Steveoph,

Thanks very much for your advice, this is really usefull!

Thanks again dude