Can Boosting Immune System Stop Covid-19?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Obviously because of what our community is, most of us are more than likely taking measures to boost our immune system. Hypothetically we hope this will keep us from catching the Coronavirus, but is that the case? If exposed, will a strong enough/boosted immune system keep us from catching the virus, just shorten the duration of infection, or are we kidding ourselves?

For example: Here is what I have the girlfriend and I running at the moment. She is a non essential employee in an essential business, so she still goes to work.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Adjustments.JPG

Wife works in the hospital lab. She is at risk with asthma. She is taking this. If it helps all the better. Got her vitamin C powder on the way.

I am home bound from work.
This is for her. If I can get another bottle for me or her I will.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But will it actually make a difference or is it all just hopes and prayers? I have yet to see a definitive answer. I use Epicor year round, and believe it helps. Anecdotally it has prevented me from catching colds from coworkers while working(construction) in close proximity. Covid-19 has shown to be extremely contagious though. Is there any reason I should believe boosting my immune system will stop it in its tracks?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Obviously because of what our community is, most of us are more than likely taking measures to boost our immune system. Hypothetically we hope this will keep us from catching the Coronavirus, but is that the case? If exposed, will a strong enough/boosted immune system keep us from catching the virus, just shorten the duration of infection, or are we kidding ourselves?

For example: Here is what I have the girlfriend and I running at the moment. She is a non essential employee in an essential business, so she still goes to work.
Really no study have shown what will keep the virus away but yes never hurt to build a stronger immune system

Honestly this is what every1 should be doing all year around since we don’t get enough from diet

I have my family & friends on and immune system + Vit C ( found 1g /pills .. so easy to dose

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think any thing will stop Covid-19 from infecting, but shortening or reducing one's experience while having it sound more reasonable. How hard it hits when it does is probably a very important aspect. Just like those who've had it but never knew. They thought; low grade temp, some coughing, flu-like symptoms. They were healthy and younger with no underlying issues that would compromise them.

I've seen people crash fast and they died before they had the good sense to call for help.
My wife's uncle died from pneumonia. He thought he'd be ok. He coded when he got to the hospital.
(Not Covid-19)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would have to agree with the above that nothing can stop it, but a stronger immune system may make your experience less than someone who has not boosted their system.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
But will it actually make a difference or is it all just hopes and prayers? I have yet to see a definitive answer. I use Epicor year round, and believe it helps. Anecdotally it has prevented me from catching colds from coworkers while working(construction) in close proximity. Covid-19 has shown to be extremely contagious though. Is there any reason I should believe boosting my immune system will stop it in its tracks?
Anybody who says one way or the other isn't being honest. We just don't know, but there's always the thought of "well, it doesn't hurt, so why not try because there really isn't anything preventative out there anyway." So in that respect it is at least a little just hopes and prayers, but usually has some science behind it, even if it is just in vitro data.

Any retrospective studies are tough too, because somebody like you who actively takes something to improve their health more than likely does other things to stay healthy as well. So who's to say it wasn't another part of your routine that was keeping you healthy.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
there are studies done showing that b-AET (in Invictus and Neuro AET) may increase survival rates for lethal viruses and infections.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Folks that are in good shape and not to old and don't have any ongoing issues like asthma etc... may barely even notice if they get this virus (not get a fever). This has been said dozens of times by professionals. Am I worried? Not in the least....

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
there are studies done showing that b-AET (in Invictus and Neuro AET) may increase survival rates for lethal viruses and infections.

This study shows that bAET will increase cytokine production, but to what extent? One of the ways that makes COVID-19 deadly is the cytokine response, so how would this not make it worse? Let me be clear that I am NOT saying it does, just curious how we can say one way or the other.

I can't find a copy of the paper as it's not showing up in sci-hub, so I'm only going off the abstract and maybe they provide more details in the article. But they're just using ConA rather than actual virus or infection in a rodent model, so kind of seems like a leap.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been drinking my Kefir but no there is nothing out there that will prevent you from being infected other than quarantining, practicing social distancing, and washing hands. There is NO supplement out there that will do anything remotely close but ease your anxiety

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Vitamin C - 5000 mg per day, up this to bowel tolerance when sick.

Vitamin D - 4000iu, 50,000iu when sick

Vitamin A - 5000iu, 100,000iu when sick

Selenium- 100mcg

Zinc- 25 mg

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I also just started the BLR immune product

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
This will keep you good to go

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I am not sure anyone can say anything for sure. What we know is this infection creates an aggressive immune response and the immune system's attack on the lungs will actually cause damage to the lung tissue if not controlled.

I can tell you this much, as much quackery is on the internet about Vitamin C, it is accepted as a necessary means of clearing neutrophils from infections and thus reducing necrosis. It is also known to help maintain epithelial barrier function. It can also improve T-cell differentiation, which I hypothesize is very important in avoiding damage from a hypeactive immune response.

Because Vitamin C doesn't stick around for very long normally and gets used up at higher rates during infection, it makes sense that it would be easy to be vitamin C repeated during any infection, and this would lead to impaired immunity, and an impaired ability to remove toxic byproducts from the site of infection.

So, will vitamin C cure this it prevent it? I wouldn't go that far. But could it be very helpful to have onboard when fighting a serious infection? I truly believe so. Even the most sited study saying it does not work showed a dramatic reduction in the severity and duration of colds in highly stressed individuals.

It seems to me like, maintaining healthy epithelial functions, building collagen, etc. MAY help prevent it to some small extent (not a vaccine) - but once you have it, reduction of severity and duration could be just enough to save your life even if it is by 5%.

Or I could just be a vitamin C quack.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Social distancing- absolutely. It absolutely works. It is the only thing that substantially brings down infection rates.

Vitamin C and Zinc seem like no brainers that could at least theoretically help

Jury is still out on things like elderberry but I’m running the new SNS immune product as a safeguard anyway.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This study shows that bAET will increase cytokine production, but to what extent? One of the ways that makes COVID-19 deadly is the cytokine response, so how would this not make it worse? Let me be clear that I am NOT saying it does, just curious how we can say one way or the other.

I can't find a copy of the paper as it's not showing up in sci-hub, so I'm only going off the abstract and maybe they provide more details in the article. But they're just using ConA rather than actual virus or infection in a rodent model, so kind of seems like a leap.
Actually, I haven't been keeping up too much with this...just reading about the cytokine storm potentially instigated by Covid 19

This could be an interesting read then:

Here's some interesting cytokine data from the above:

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Actually, I haven't been keeping up too much with this...just reading about the cytokine storm potentially instigated by Covid 19

This could be an interesting read then:

Here's some interesting cytokine data from the above:
View attachment 192581
It seems to increase some of the key players while decreasing others, although it'll depend on dosage like anything else and if this all even translates over to humans. Just something to consider.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Surprised no one has mentioned lysine which acts as an anti viral. It's effectively used to fight herpes
Have you had success with the herpes?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I just figure with a name like "iwilleattuna" that you may have experienced herpes before...

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
:puke:

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a cold for about a week, about a week and a half back. I had lapsed about two weeks on my my usual Epicor. Girlfriend caught it a few days after myself. I was producing more mucas, slight sore throat, and extreme lethargy. Never really got any worse than that. She had developed a cough for about two days, but we both recovered in 5 days or so. Never any fever. I do believe it was just the common cold, and an untimely coincidence, but guess I'll never know...Hopefully I'll never know.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it’s that time of the month for lysine supplementation and I don’t mean flu season

okay now I’m just being disgustjng lol
red wings....lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I lived in the PI for 7 years. bought my meat and fish at the city market with no refrigeration, flies all over everything all hanging out in the open....my immune system is golden, lol.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No it won’t because I’m not going to feed the troll

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In fact, I’m just going to delete my account

edit: nvm you can’t delete your account. Brutal lol

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just don’t get how I have a feminine demeanor but alright 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just don’t get how I have a feminine demeanor but alright 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's a random stranger on the internet. Either strike back or move on, but don't let it ruin your day. Sorry to tell you, but there will be worse things you'll have to endure in life than hearing the opinion of somebody that doesn't know you.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's a random stranger on the internet. Either strike back or move on, but don't let it ruin your day. Sorry to tell you, but there will be worse things you'll have to endure in life than hearing the opinion of somebody that doesn't know you.
strike back okay

I choose charizard

use ember on @manifesto

it’s extremely effective

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I was just messing with you bro...lol this quarantine boredom is getting to me
@Iwilleattuna

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
There are so many Covid threads on here...too bad they are not consolidated lmao

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are so many Covid threads on here...too bad they are not consolidated lmao
Fair, but most haven't stayed on track. The other got too much about politics and this one almost derailed because "eating pussy."

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fair, but most haven't stayed on track. The other got too much about politics and this one almost derailed because "eating pussy."
Speaking of eating pussy, has anyone looked into then antiviral properties of cat's claw?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take SNS Immune Support, multivitamins, and drink ginger tea with raw honey every day.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I heard moose knuckle has shown promise in several anecdotal reports...

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Raw garlic
Grapefruit seed extract
Lysine
Vit C/Vit D
Pomegranate
Zinc

Last edited:

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My cousin is recovering from corona, felt like death for 10-12 days but feeling a lot better now and recover more for every day. He’s 40, in great shape, eats well and working out a lot, but, he runs a nightclub in Miami...

Social distances is the best way to avoid getting sick, so guys, please be careful and avoid contact with other ppl as much as you can. Stay safe!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My cousin is recovering from corona, felt like death for 10-12 days but feeling a lot better now and recover more for every day. He’s 40, in great shape, eats well and working out a lot, but, he runs a nightclub in Miami...

Social distances is the best way to avoid getting sick, so guys, please be careful and avoid contact with other ppl as much as you can. Stay safe!
did he say it actually say it felt worse then the flu?