Calling classic cars experts.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have a GMC Sierra Classic I need to sell. Can you, guys, give me an idea how much is it worth? Having hard time finding similar truck for sale online.

1986 GMC Sierra Classic K3500 7.4 L V8 29,000 miles

Thanks

Attachments

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
List condition, mods, any resto work, etc? That'll help greatly.

Just looking at it, I'd ballpark it somewhere around 5-7K, just at first glance and what I've seen for sale around here in PA hilly country.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just go to a local bookstore and thumb thorough the different "Blue Books" there (NADA and Kelley are the benchmarks, I believe)...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
kbb.com does not go so far back for this kind of truck.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
List condition, mods, any resto work, etc? That'll help greatly.

Just looking at it, I'd ballpark it somewhere around 5-7K, just at first glance and what I've seen for sale around here in PA hilly country.
It's in excellent condition, no rust at all and only has about 29,000 miles on it. Everything original, no restoration work has been done.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well when all else fails, contact your insurance company, or any others that will be willing to speak to you, and find out how much they would insure a vehicle just like yours for. They might tell you something like, "we don't care what work you have put into it, as far as we are concerned it's worth $2K" or they might tell you that whatever the purchase price is plus receipts, or something like that.

I don't know if collector car insurance companies insure American iron, but they might, you could check with one of those. They are very very understanding when it comes to such things. I have had lots of luck with J.C. Taylor insuring a European car I own, I just declared a value and they had no problem with that. In the past I had a 68 Chevelle insured by State Farm and they took my word for it (I even offered to fax the bill of sale and receipts from restoration; they said not to worry about it). Hagerty has a good reputation among an owners' club I used to belong to as well.

At the worst you would get a polite "no," at the best a very helpful person who could give you a range of values that their customers have similar vehicles insured for.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

RobertJBrown

Awards
Hey, guys.. that was nice... Thanks for this. I was looking for some disseration help but I don't know anything about this