Caffeine tolerance and fat burning

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
The longer we take caffeine, the more we need to take - to get a stim effect. How much does the fat burning effect diminish as the stim feeling gets less and less noticeable with the same amount of caffeine? Is it the less we (mentally) feel it, the less it's working?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The fat burning effect generally does not diminish, but since most of caffeine's effects are from appetite suppression, that does diminish

JD261985

Banned
Awards
The fat burning effect generally does not diminish, but since most of caffeine's effects are from appetite suppression, that does diminish
Really because ever since I had my first cup of coffee it always made me hungry? Not sure why

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
AMPk is something I've been looking more into recently, so pardon an ignorant question..

How strong does caffeine activate AMPk? How dose dependent is it?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caffeine elevates/releases blood sugar. In some, it will be enough to force the release of insulin, then the sugar rollar coaster ride ensures. End result, appetite increase. Also "one" of the reasons people crash a few hours after some short-acting stims; not just b/c the stim runs out but because of the sugar crash (acute hypoglycemia).

Coffee can increase insulin sensitivity but that doesnt mean it cannot do the aforementioned "acutely" as well.

Really because ever since I had my first cup of coffee it always made me hungry? Not sure why

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Caffeine elevates/releases blood sugar. In some, it will be enough to force the release of insulin, then the sugar rollar coaster ride ensures. End result, appetite increase. Also "one" of the reasons people crash a few hours after some short-acting stims; not just b/c the stim runs out but because of the sugar crash (acute hypoglycemia).

Coffee can increase insulin sensitivity but that doesnt mean it cannot do the aforementioned "acutely" as well.
Pretty cool information thank you

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Couldn't it be from increased metabolism?
No, too mild

AMPk is something I've been looking more into recently, so pardon an ignorant question..

How strong does caffeine activate AMPk? How dose dependent is it?
Caffeine isn't a very strong inducer of AMPK, clinically. But its effect is systemic and generally positive, which is nice

Caffeine has consistently demonstrated to barely affect blood glucose and to have virtually no effect on insulin. The exception being megadoses (400mg - 800mg).