Caffeine Quality Control

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Hello,

I just purchased a 501 capsule count of caffeine from DPS Nutrition. Upon inspection I noticed that some capsules had what looks like red plastic particles sticking out from the capsule enclosure. I opened a few and saw all of them had red particles mixed within. This has me a bit concerned. Any feedback to what this might be is appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@sns8778 check this out

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
is that the color of the capsules ? how many have you checked and they all had some in it?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I just got off the phone with Steve, who I'm being told is the president of SNS. He informed me the capsule were traditionally red and white. Apparently halfway through the production run, SNS ran out of those caps and had to do the remaining in all white. Rather than confuse people with a split batch, they threw the red/white into a capsule shredder and put the end result into the all white capsules.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just got off the phone with Steve, who I'm being told is the president of SNS. He informed me the capsule were traditionally red and white. Apparently halfway through the production run, SNS ran out of those caps and had to do the remaining in all white. Rather than confuse people with a split batch, they threw the red/white into a capsule shredder and put the end result into the all white capsules.
Oh nice .. yup he is the man.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very simple answer on this one.

SNS Caffeine capsules used to be red and white.
Capsule vendors ran out of red/white capsules (like most other colors).

So rather than have a portion of a batch be white/red and the rest be white/white, we had the capsules ran thru a capsule shredder and then re-capsulated. Perfectly allowable and compliant process. The alternative would have been be out of stock of Caffeine capsules until red/white capsules were available again or run the risk of people receiving bottles with white/white and red/white capsules in the same bottles.

I really wish people would simply contact the company and ask us before posting public threads for stuff like this. I'm always glad to help people in any way that I can.