caffeine intake

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
How much do you take in a day?i know some guys who take 600 mgs pre workout.then more through the day.who takes the most?

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On workout days:

350-400mg pre-workout

Then maybe 200mg during the day

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I drink like 3-5 coffees per day (mostly for taste) and one scoop of Focus XT. Might hit 600mgs per day. Never intentionally though, I just like coffee!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Most days I end up around 900 mg not including 1-2 cups of coffee

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I drink like 3-5 coffees per day (mostly for taste) and one scoop of Focus XT. Might hit 600mgs per day. Never intentionally though, I just like coffee!
I'm the same. I have a few cups of coffee and then my pwo which varies from time to time.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
about 600mg a day. Last dose is usually around 3pm and I have no issues falling asleep at around 9pm (but I have hard time falling back asleep once I wake up but that is a different story)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
600-1000mg -- coming from Norcodrene, Monster Energy Ultra Zero, Coffee, and Diet Mountain Dew

Run579

Run579

Awards
In one day roughly 600-750 mg. I do a coffee bean extract caffeine pill early AM and later on a cup of coffee. Then another cup or coffee (or pill) midday and then my preworkout, which is about 250 mg of caffeine.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Between coffee, pre-workout, noots + caff combo 2x daily, I'd say 800-1000mg/day easy.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
For those of you 600mg+ daily, for how long and do you still feel it is efficacious?

white_lie

Awards
  • Established
Never thought about it until now..
Couple of strong coffees or green tea thru the day, usually 3 or 4 cups. 300mg typically pwo. And maybe another 150 or so if I'm using a fat burner.
I can have a coffee and be sound asleep within half an hour. It wakes me up in the morning but doesn't keep me up

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be the odd ball.

Either none or a lot, haha.

Usually, I'll have a cup of coffee or two and then Aggro.
I haven't worked out in a couple weeks while wrist recovers and I get caught up on school, but when I do, I usually use alphamine PWO.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yep I'm anywhere from 0-1000mg a day. Depending on grogginess in the morning, whether I work out or not that day, how much studying I need to get done, etc.
I have caffeine pills, preworkout, cellucor super HD, green tea, all sorts of sources haha

ManuR

Awards
  • Established
1000mg+ i would say
but no more caffeine after 4pm
largest dose of caffein is around 3:30-4pm (450mg)
no problem falling asleep at 9pm

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I used to get 1000 mg now I get about 200 mg and I'm straight

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Typically: 400-800

Cutting: 1-1.2g

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've probably hit 2-3 grams in a day before. At one point about 6 months ago I was very busy, drained, etc. and just had to get things done. Caffeine doesn't really have much of a noticeable effect on me. I'd take up to 800 mg. 1X or 2X per day, plus coffee, monster drinks, etc.

I've been focused on getting more and better quality sleep and I cut almost all of the caffeine out for the past 2-3 months. I'm at the beginning of a run now with Norcodrene/Shift being part of my supplement stack, so the stimulants are back in the mix.

I think things like caffeine have a snowball/contradictory effect. They wake you up, but then you are deeper in the sleep hole and the deeper in that hole you get, the harder it is to sleep, which makes it worse, which requires more caffeine. It has its place and I obviously don't fear it....I've way overdone it at times.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
400-600mg day on average, but I'm also on 20mg adderall xr so I have to keep my BP in check (under 140/70)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow....I thought I was some crazy stim addict when I'd use 400mg a day. I currently try to use 200-300 pre-workout, and that's it for the day. (~4AM).

Chiefsnation23

Chiefsnation23

Awards
I would say 500-700 mg... All coming from coffee trough out the day and pre-workout.
i could not function at work without it.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
If I take in too much caffeine I get irritable so I like to keep it spread out over the day. If Im in the mood for a crazy workout I'll take a little more than usual.

Chiefsnation23

Chiefsnation23

Awards
yeah im the same way. i try to space it out. Water, caffeine, water, caffeine until i feel like im good to go for the day.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm halfway through a 30 day Caffeine (all stims actually) break. I don't believe in all that adrenal fatigue crap, but do build a tolerance. The first week suuuuuuuucked! But day 15 and feeling good. Tad bit less motivated, but not too bad. The first day back on stims should be interesting :)

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
I'm halfway through a 30 day Caffeine (all stims actually) break. I don't believe in all that adrenal fatigue crap, but do build a tolerance. The first week suuuuuuuucked! But day 15 and feeling good. Tad bit less motivated, but not too bad. The first day back on stims should be interesting :)
Dude I'm literally doing the same thing for October haha...first weeks of workouts was so noticeable in lesser performance. Although I also cut out EP1C Unleashed and High Volume for the month too so it's all out cold turkey haha adjusted the second week. But I cannot wait for November to get here so I can get back on all three.

deadlift655

Awards
300-400 mgs on non workout days and up to 700 mgs on days I go to the gym.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Lol yeah it's seems like all of us are heavy hitters at about a gram a day.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who gets super anxious to caffeine would fare better at a lower dose or else you're cortisol will go through the roof. I started losing more belly fat than I ever have before once I cut my caffeine intake by 80 percent

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who gets super anxious to caffeine would fare better at a lower dose or else you're cortisol will go through the roof. I started losing more belly fat than I ever have before once I cut my caffeine intake by 80 percent[/QUOT
Really?

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Yes really. I mean that was my experience. Can't really speak for anyone else. Mind you I felt nervous all the time but at the same time I just liked the feeling of caffeine so much I didn't want to stop. It was a love hate relationship but I finally ended it. I feel much better now. I have one small cup of coffee a day. Before I had God knows how many plus stim pre workout. My pre workout is non stim now. I think caffeine is great in moderation just like anything else

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
About 350mg give or take 100mg or so from instant coffee. I used to drink less than 100mg but found less than that amount limits fat loss and performance enhancing benefits.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
What stim free pre is a good one?
PES High Volume is said to be one of the best. Haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. Right now I'm currently using Iforce Hemavol the original version

white_lie

Awards
  • Established
Yes really. I mean that was my experience. Can't really speak for anyone else. Mind you I felt nervous all the time but at the same time I just liked the feeling of caffeine so much I didn't want to stop. It was a love hate relationship but I finally ended it. I feel much better now. I have one small cup of coffee a day. Before I had God knows how many plus stim pre workout. My pre workout is non stim now. I think caffeine is great in moderation just like anything else
Was the majority of your higher intake from coffee? Black or white coffee?
Just thinking if you were having 5-6 cups (or more) of white coffee a day, that's could be a fair bit of milk you'd be cutting out

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Was the majority of your higher intake from coffee? Black or white coffee?
Just thinking if you were having 5-6 cups (or more) of white coffee a day, that's could be a fair bit of milk you'd be cutting out
I've never drank coffee with milk in my life. I like it black no sugar

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
46 yrs old & I don't think I've had more than 5 cups of coffee in my life.

Never had a glass of wine & never an Ice Tea.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you have to drink then?
Guess I was too busy drinking beer or Whiskey! :D

Have always liked milk & chocolate milk. Probably too much dairy but don't really care - I have cut back by finally switching to almond milk for my shakes.

Wish I could drop the Coke Zero - finally down to only 1/day.

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
Lol me to but I gave that up for pre workouts.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
What stim free pre is a good one?
Conqu3r or High Volume.

I'm partial to Conqu3r for performance and pump, and high volume if I want xtra pump.