Bustin Barriers with Speed X3

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got in some early morning fasted chest/cardio training today. Felt a little sick to my stomach at first but with a few deep breaths and a little time it passed.

Flat BB Bench
Decided to go a little lighter and do another 10x10 routine on this.
135x10
185x10
225x10x5
185x10
135x10x2

Incline DB Bench
50x10 rest for 10 seconds 50x10
Rest for 45 seconds
60x10 rest for 10 seconds 60x10
Rest for 1 minute
70x10 rest for 25 seconds 70x10

Decline BB Bench 10x10
135x10x2
225x10x2
245x10x2
225x10x2
135x10x2

Cable Cross low/mid/hi 1 set
30x10x9

Bike 10 minutes
Treadmill level 5 for 5 mins up 1 level for 5 minutes etc for a total of 20 minutes.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey reggie you pumped to get pumped on LeCheek's new Pumpx3?!!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368155715.442740.jpg
hadn't thrown a leg pic up yet

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More cardio tonight
Rope slams
Bag work
15 minutes on the bike

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another early morning fasted training session. Today was back and some cardio.

Rack Pull Shrugs
135x10 5 shrugs to each pull
225x10 5 shrugs to each pull
245x5 5 shrugs per pull
255x4 3 shrugs per pull

Rack Pulls
255x8
315x6
345x4
405x3

Db Bent Over Rows
80x10per
90x10per
100x8per

Wide Grip Lat Pulls
130x10x4

Face Pulls Middle Position
42.5x10
8 second rest
42.5x10
10 second rest
42.5x10
15 second rest
42.5x10
1 minute rest
Repeat for 3 more sets

Treadmill Level 10 for 5 minutes
Stair Climber Level 14 for 5 minutes
Bike level 10 for 5 minutes.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368213377.014528.jpg
post training pic

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking swole!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forgot to mention the 100s on db rows is a pr for me. I hadn't ever even attempted that much but these straps make a HUGE difference. .

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forgot to mention the 100s on db rows is a pr for me. I hadn't ever even attempted that much but these straps make a HUGE difference. .
I was just thinking today that I want to get straps before my dead lifts tomorrow. I feel like I'm being held back. Even with DB rows I have to re-set my grip after 3-4 reps...

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just thinking today that I want to get straps before my dead lifts tomorrow. I feel like I'm being held back. Even with DB rows I have to re-set my grip after 3-4 reps...
That was exactly my problem. I say get em bro, they're way cheap.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit up some hiit this morning. I love it that I can take Speed X3 for cardio as it really gets me going for the day and the best part.....NO CRASH!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love that about speed x3... I don't go out much for late evenings as I don't drink, but when I do drive friends it has been my go-to drink - a quick half a scoop or so w/ 4oz water right before I leave and I'm ready to go out on a friday after a long day at work being up since 6am. When you're the only sober person responsible for a handful of idiots, it pays to stay alert & focused.

Plus the taste is just baller :yup:

And APT is considered within the top 3 brands for Powerlifting gear, amongst Titan & Inzer. A lot of Inzer stuff is made overseas (just really well) but APT is owned by a retired Marine and his stuff is American-made I believe and topnotch. I've heard they can take a wk-months to fill an order tho, so be patient. It's worth it; buddy's wrist wraps for heavy bench are incredibly stout, and I was extremely impressed with their belts. Only Titan makes a better belt - there is none finer.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love that about speed x3... I don't go out much for late evenings as I don't drink, but when I do drive friends it has been my go-to drink - a quick half a scoop or so w/ 4oz water right before I leave and I'm ready to go out on a friday after a long day at work being up since 6am. When you're the only sober person responsible for a handful of idiots, it pays to stay alert & focused.

Plus the taste is just baller :yup:

And APT is considered within the top 3 brands for Powerlifting gear, amongst Titan & Inzer. A lot of Inzer stuff is made overseas (just really well) but APT is owned by a retired Marine and his stuff is American-made I believe and topnotch. I've heard they can take a wk-months to fill an order tho, so be patient. It's worth it; buddy's wrist wraps for heavy bench are incredibly stout, and I was extremely impressed with their belts. Only Titan makes a better belt - there is none finer.
I will have to look into some APT gear myself

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will have to look into some APT gear myself
APT sells good wrist and knee wraps. I believe EFS has a sale on their wraps as well. Wrist wraps there are good, knee wraps are too heavy for my taste.

Subbed.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
APT sells good wrist and knee wraps. I believe EFS has a sale on their wraps as well. Wrist wraps there are good, knee wraps are too heavy for my taste.

Subbed.
Thanks for joining bro! I just did a little research and prices on both are fairly reasonable.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
EFS def has some reasonable stuff. And liftinglarge is a good site too, some really decent prices on quality products. Idk if I'm allowed to say that, mod please edit if that's not permitted. Think it's only anabolics for no sourcing.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EFS def has some reasonable stuff. And liftinglarge is a good site too, some really decent prices on quality products. Idk if I'm allowed to say that, mod please edit if that's not permitted. Think it's only anabolics for no sourcing.
Thanks Hyde. I checked out the site and they have some decent padded straps for 8.25 well worth it!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got in a little cardio before work this morning. I walked in and was the only one there!! Wish I would have had time to train shoulders and bis but it doesn't open until 6 and I had to be to work by 7 so I will go back when I get off and kill it some more!!!!!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trained bis and tris tonight. Was a little sore going in but I did some tennis ball rolling on my left bi and elbow and some stretching and a good warm up and was really able to kill it. Wasn't able to do standing db or straight bar curls unfortunately it put way to much pressure on my elbow which sucked. Felt awesome to see them all swole up again though. Was totally feeling alpha!!!

Sticking with the 10x10 routine and was able to keep my rest times from 10 to 30 seconds.

Standing wide grip cable curls
50x10x10 5 second negatives
15 second rests between sets

Spider Curls ez bar
This didn't bother me at all must have been the way my hand was turned?
45x10x10
20 second rests

Cable Cross Curls
15x10x10
8 second rests

Vbar push downs ss with rope push downs
85x10 + 60x10x5
30 second rests

My arms literally looked bigger than they've ever been!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have really good bi's, and they're no smokeshow - numbers say what the pics do; you make that weight look light man.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Hyde! I'm weird lol never satisfied with how I look. My wife says I'm obsessed which is probably the truth :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Aren't we all. I think it's DanB or someone who's sig says, "Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated." I love that.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Working a 16 hr shift today so unfortunately won't be able to make it to the gym today.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got off and gotta be back at 6a

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was tired as crap today and wondering how well I'd do at the gym today. Speed x3 came through though giving me plenty of energy to kill back!!

Rack Pull Shrugs
135x10 10 shrugs per pull
225x8 5 shrugs per pull
235x6 5 shrugs per pull
255x5 3 shrugs per pull

Rack Pulls
225x10
315x8
385x6
405x4

Bent over db rows
80x10 per
100x10 per.. (+2 reps)
110x8 per (PR for weight)

Face Pull SS with Straight Arm Cable Push Downs
50x10 + 65x10
On the face pulls I started at the bottom and raised it a couple spots after each set to the top then back down.
10 Supersets total

Wide Grip Lat Pulls (front)
140x10x5

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Started the 30 day ab challenge last night, so far so good!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/16

Hit up a couple of gyms today for a job, and ended up getting 2 interviews set up for tomorrow morning. Staying with my brother and his apartment complex has a fitness room, so got in a little bi/tri training. Down to my last couple of servings of Speed X3 boo hoo for me I know.
I've been extremely pleased so far with this product :welcome2:

Standing Straight Bar Cable Curls
60x10x10

Incline Db Curls
45x10x10

Standing Cable Curls
30x10x9
30x8 Kinda gave out there at the end, really brought my elbows forward for rep 9 and 10 so I'm saying 8 good ones

Straight Bar Tri Pushdowns ss with rope pushdowns
(60x10 + 50x10)x6

Dips
20x5

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just caught up in here. Reggie you put up nice logs brother. Keep killin it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You looking for side work training at those gyms in addition to your current job (I know you often work more than one gig it sounds like)? Bet they take one look at you & see you know some things!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha thanks for the confidence boost Hyde!! I'm actually moving across the state. Figure might as well get a job doing something I love to do.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang man, 125s x4 on DB rows?? Wish I could move those like that (my gym only goes to 100s unfortunately since its a commercial gym, but I have to fight for 10-15 MAX on 100s).

Glad you're getting that metabolic burn from your lifts - you're avoiding all carbs post workout tho I hope to keep the metabolic effect rolling? George Farah preaches that even people looking to saturate glycogen stores post workout (most of us) when insulin sensitivity is greatest should still consume their carbs separate from the immediate fast protein drink - he says by hitting protein asap but carbs 30-40 min after they still make the anabolic window fine, but since consuming them kills the Growth Hormone & fatburning effects created you wanna hold it out a bit to capitalize on your burning. Hardcore dieting could opt for no carbs tho as well, period, to keep it going a bit longer.

Gave my buddy a sample of Speed X3 last night (1.3 scoops). He goes man it's so small! And after a 'That's what she said' I told him that's more than I usually take lol

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lmao!!!! I didn't realize that I should wait the 30-40 mins post to consume carbs I usually have them with my post training shake. Thanks for the heads up!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On a bulk you'll gain more total weight for sure, but if you're using simple carbs holding them out half an hour will help you stay leaner (over repeatedly using this approach).

There's a theory by everyone, and more than one way to skin a cat, but Farah def knows more than most so I figure I could do worse than listen to his dietary advice. Dude's a beast.