Bruised Rib

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Quick question:

The other day I bruised a rib (weird story; basically, walking downstairs in socks holding my baby girl, slipped, and hit my back. My daughter was totally fine because I was holding her good, but did smack my back on the edge of a step) and was wondering if it's still fine to do back workouts as long as I'm careful. The pain isn't unbearable and I only notice it if I stretch or inhale deeply (and even then it's not that bad).

What do you think? Should I just avoid back until the rib's healed up?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You should be ok if you take it easy. I bruised mine a year ago and it was only aggravated when I tried to wear a (lifting) belt.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
not much you can really do bro- had my daughter in my arm when i went down and landed on my hip- sucks

it will heal, slow deep breaths in and out- whatever you do, DONT wrap your chest. when i bruised mine (3 ro be exact) dr said they are no longer doing that. the reason was compression on the lungs that if you get sick, it could lead to further complications. IE- phenmonia

sorry speeeeeeling is offff i know

just take it easy, it will heal soon

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
not much you can really do bro- had my daughter in my arm when i went down and landed on my hip- sucks

it will heal, slow deep breaths in and out- whatever you do, DONT wrap your chest. when i bruised mine (3 ro be exact) dr said they are no longer doing that. the reason was compression on the lungs that if you get sick, it could lead to further complications. IE- phenmonia

sorry speeeeeeling is offff i know

just take it easy, it will heal soon
Thanks bro. Been trying to keep as much pressure off it as I can. Taking those breaths when I think of it, too. That's the only time I still feel any discomfort, if I lay on that side or take a sharp inhale. I think it's getting better though. I haven't taken any Advil since the day after I hurt myself (I went ahead, like an idiot, and did my core workout), mostly because I keep forgetting.

Weirdest feeling when I fell with her, though. It felt like slow-mo. And I vaguely remember hitting my back because it hurt so bad I thought maybe I hit the spine or something. But all I could think about was my little 5 week old girl. Daddy priorities. ?