Brexit

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know the USA isn't in the EU, but will companies such as SNS, CEL (@sns8778), BLR (@ValiantThor08), Performax (@Adizzle1 ), StrongSupplementShop (@LeanEngineer) Etc stop shipping to the UK once Brexit is finalised?
I know this is more of a legal area, but if any reps have some answers it'd really be appreciated by us UK customers.

Last edited:
nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
today i saw that eu and UK will make a deal for free trade. i wish to will be able to order from uk sites(powemyself,predator),without customs and taxes,cause at eu all supps are illegal except creatine haha

mastah

Awards
  • First Up Vote
today i saw that eu and UK will make a deal for free trade. i wish to will be able to order from uk sites(powemyself,predator),without customs and taxes,cause at eu all supps are illegal except creatine haha
I was afraid of this but it seems like it will be just like before!
Poland is a great alternative otherway

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was afraid of this but it seems like it will be just like before!
Poland is a great alternative otherway
yea actually im afraid of customs cause for example if i want to order prohormones from uk.. here in greece ar illegal.. so after the brexit am afraid that if custooms open my package ,they will sent it back for sure.. yea poland is an alternative but i saw at trust pilot bad reviews for fake products

mastah

Awards
  • First Up Vote
yea actually im afraid of customs cause for example if i want to order prohormones from uk.. here in greece ar illegal.. so after the brexit am afraid that if custooms open my package ,they will sent it back for sure.. yea poland is an alternative but i saw at trust pilot bad reviews for fake products
I dont even know if they send it back.. I just think they destroy it or someone will use it themself lol.
Aha didnt know that about Poland, Germany should be good but not found any sites yet.
Well as it seems now we should be all good to buy our stuff from UK =)

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont even know if they send it back.. I just think they destroy it or someone will use it themself lol.
Aha didnt know that about Poland, Germany should be good but not found any sites yet.
Well as it seems now we should be all good to buy our stuff from UK =)
suppsit ,supplements4muscle are two store which i found to be brawn's retailers at the eu. generally i think that well be able to order from the uk maybe with a little delay

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The deal applies only to business to business -trade. So starting from next year ordering from the UK will be the same as ordering from any other country outside of EU sadly.

Now what that means in practice is somewhat individual for each country I think.

For me it means that I have to pay a 14% vat for any order containing dietary supplements and exceeding the total price of 22 €. And an additional custom fee of 12 % will be added to orders exceeding the price of 150 €.

But what is the most disheartening is that I have to fill out a customs declaration for every order containing supplements. Which effectively means that no ph's/sarms or anything like that can be ordered anymore.

Last edited:

mastah

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The deal applies only to business to business -trade. So starting from next year ordering from the UK will be the same as ordering from any other country outside of EU sadly.

Now what that means in practice is somewhat individual for each country I think.

For me it means that I have to pay a 14% vat for any order containing dietary supplements and exceeding the total price of 22 €. An additional custom fee of 12 % will be added to orders exceeding the price of 150 €.

But what is the most disheartening is that I have to fill out a customs declaration for every order containing supplements. Which effectively means that no ph's/sarms or anything like that can be ordered anymore.
Wow that is so sad :( I guess my UK orders is going down then.. powermyself have alot of products of the brand PURE that is awesome! Sigh....

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow that is so sad :( I guess my UK orders is going down then.. powermyself have alot of products of the brand PURE that is awesome! Sigh....
Well if the supps you order are not illegal where you live then it may still be worth ordering even with the added vat. I think the amount of vat might differ between countries and I don't know about the custom fees and practicies of countries other than mine. Just sayin..

mastah

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well if the supps you order are not illegal where you live then it may still be worth ordering even with the added vat. I think the amount of vat might differ between countries and I don't know about the custom fees and practicies of countries other than mine. Just sayin..
Yeah I will still order but not that much, annoying with extra fees. Not ordering prohormones but I will miss my alpha yohimbine.. (lucky I stocked up with 10 bottles hehe)

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah I will still order but not that much, annoying with extra fees. Not ordering prohormones but I will miss my alpha yohimbine.. (lucky I stocked up with 10 bottles hehe)
Yeah, there's alot of stuff I would've wanted to stock up, just couldn't afford to buy all at once. I did make an order of about 500 € on black friday 😁 And the goodies arrived home safely, lol 😄

mastah

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, there's alot of stuff I would've wanted to stock up, just couldn't afford to buy all at once. I did make an order of about 500 € on black friday 😁 And the goodies arrived home safely, lol 😄
Haha goodie :) I was close doing an huge order aswell but passed.. kinda regret it now lol.. ah well

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so our choice now is poland .damn.. powermyself and predator are supplement paradise..at least i wish that bodyshock mz store and other european stores will be legit

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
so our choice now is poland .damn.. powermyself and predator are supplement paradise..at least i wish that bodyshock mz store and other european stores will be legit
Does Bodyshock have a warehouse in EU? They are US based right?

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, thanks. I will investigate further.
also i found a store .their name is supplements4muscle and they told me that their warehouse is at eu,and they got a lot of stuff .

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know the USA isn't in the EU, but will companies such as SNS, CEL (@sns8778), BLR (@ValiantThor08), Performax (@Adizzle1 ), StrongSupplementShop (@LeanEngineer) Etc stop shipping to the UK once Brexit is finalised?
I know this is more of a legal area, but if any reps have some answers it'd really be appreciated by us UK customers.
i think they’ll still be able to ship things but there’s a chance we’ll need to pay higher customs charges. Annoying af just like the rest of this situation

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i think they’ll still be able to ship things but there’s a chance we’ll need to pay higher customs charges. Annoying af just like the rest of this situation
The USA, where most of the listed companies are based, isn't in the EU anyway, so hopefully nothing will have to change as the trade deal will be the same

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The USA, where most of the listed companies are based, isn't in the EU anyway, so hopefully nothing will have to change as the trade deal will be the same
One of the goals for the UK in brexit was to have a better trade deal with the USA than EU has, right? But I have no idea actually how the trade rules work in January, since UK won't be a part of the EU and they don't have an agreed trade deal with the USA. Interesting.. Could not find a quick explanation with Google.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the goals for the UK in brexit was to have a better trade deal with the USA than EU has, right? But I have no idea actually how the trade rules work in January, since UK won't be a part of the EU and they don't have an agreed trade deal with the USA. Interesting.. Could not find a quick explanation with Google.
The UK already has a trade deal with the US, but I suppose only time will tell in regards to how leaving the EU effects us.
Our gyms here in the UK are shut, AGAIN, for the forseeable future, so I won't be ordering anything for a good few months anyway

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The UK already has a trade deal with the US, but I suppose only time will tell in regards to how leaving the EU effects us.
Our gyms here in the UK are shut, AGAIN, for the forseeable future, so I won't be ordering anything for a good few months anyway
Unless you are coming out with some breaking news, I don't see how UK could have an agreed trade deal with US in January since they are under the EU - US trade deal till the end of this year and have not agreed on a new deal with the US.

They are presently trying to get a "mini trade deal" agreed before Trump steps down.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Unless you are coming out with some breaking news, I don't see how UK could have an agreed trade deal with US in January since they are under the EU - US trade deal till the end of this year and have not agreed on a new deal with the US.

They are presently trying to get a "mini trade deal" agreed before Trump steps down.

yeh and Biden and his administration rightly see Boris as Trump’s retarded British cousin and really wasn’t impressed when Boris held the Good Friday Agreement hostage (which was the dumbest thing he could’ve did). Don’t get me wrong I’m hoping that at least importing supps will be cheaper post-brexit but I have my umbrella ready for the 💩storm to continue

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeh and Biden and his administration rightly see Boris as Trump’s retarded British cousin and really wasn’t impressed when Boris held the Good Friday Agreement hostage (which was the dumbest thing he could’ve did). Don’t get me wrong I’m hoping that at least importing supps will be cheaper post-brexit but I have my umbrella ready for the 💩storm to continue
Yeah, I kind of see Boris as a retarted cousin too. I mean I'm sure he has a cousin. Making him someone's retarted cousin.

These trade deals focus mostly on b-to-b, so I don't know how will it affect personal customers oversea shopping in UK. I would assume things to be easier and cheaper than what it is in EU tho.

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
actually brexit will affect us much more than we believe.. i think that UK was the pathway for all eu countries about american supps . my main concern isnt the taxes ,my main concern is the customs.. here in greece ,the greek FDA send warning letter for a pre workout nutrend N1.do you know why?cause this pre workout got piperine (yea piperine) at big dosage ahahahah all are illegal here . so if i try to order supps from uk ,i will not be able to pass the customs anymore.uk left the customs union. i wish to find some legit european stores with american brands like SNS ,olympus labs,man sports ,performax labs and others

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
talk about seeing as retarded, biden needs a mirror.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this thread to reply. It looks like I was tagged in first post but it didn't alert me, maybe bc the sns was in lowercase and its in upper case in my name.

I honestly have no idea on our end how Brexit will affect things. We are open to working with any UK/EU retailers that want to work with us, but they handle the customs things on their end so its really more of a question for them.

It sucks for us if it affects any of them negatively in any way bc we really want to add new EU/UK retailers to have more of our products offered to our customers there.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
actually brexit will affect us much more than we believe.. i think that UK was the pathway for all eu countries about american supps . my main concern isnt the taxes ,my main concern is the customs.. here in greece ,the greek FDA send warning letter for a pre workout nutrend N1.do you know why?cause this pre workout got piperine (yea piperine) at big dosage ahahahah all are illegal here . so if i try to order supps from uk ,i will not be able to pass the customs anymore.uk left the customs union. i wish to find some legit european stores with american brands like SNS ,olympus labs,man sports ,performax labs and others
Piperine? Wow, that's a new one. The UK indeed was the pathway because of their 'loose' laws with supplements and such. I've had a package opened coming from the UK though, since the custom workers know that people order a lot of stuff from UK that are illegal in other parts of EU. Also very frustrating is trying to keep up with the restricted supps.

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Piperine? Wow, that's a new one. The UK indeed was the pathway because of their 'loose' laws with supplements and such. I've had a package opened coming from the UK though, since the custom workers know that people order a lot of stuff from UK that are illegal in other parts of EU. Also very frustrating is trying to keep up with the restricted supps.
so from now bodyshock ,mz store and other eu sites will not be able to have usa supp brands?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
so from now bodyshock ,mz store and other eu sites will not be able to have usa supp brands?
Brexit should not have any effect on what other country based shops sell. And most likely won't have any effect on what UK shops sell. It's only the ordering from UK to EU that has changed. In theory it could even broaden the variety of supps something like Bodyshock sells, if customers that used to order from UK start ordering from Bodyshock.

Edit: Unless you meant that EU based shops sell illegal stuff and have ordered them from the UK thus far, but that would seem very weird to me for them to be able to do that.

Last edited:
nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
today i saw t at predator this: BE SAFE IN KNOWING ORDERS ARE CLEARING CUSTOMS!what does this mean? can anyone help me?

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It means people have been ordering stuff from eu and customs haven’t seized their goods

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
so we can keep ordering from uk without custom fear
Based on some banner on Predators website? I sure would not. If you are meaning to order something that's illegal in your country that is. If something that is ok to order to your country, then sure why not.

What I used to do when ordering from a new source or country, I would first order somethng bening like creatine or whatever and see how the delivery process goes. If I'm not required to disclose the contents to customs or the sender is not required to disclose the contents on the package and the customs have not opened my package based on the senders name/info, then I would order something I actually wanted to order (ph/sarms/what ever). Just throwing this out there..

Malbranque

Malbranque

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's crazy at the moment.
I'm a very regular customer of Predator and ordered a fairly big order at the beginning of January, but according to DPD it still hasn't left Predators' premises yet.
So I've been contacting DPD who keep telling me it's not due to ship ex the UK until the end of February/beginning of March.
Two months to get an order to Ireland that used to take max 5 days is outrageous.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm a very regular customer of Predator and ordered a fairly big order at the beginning of January, but according to DPD it still hasn't left Predators' premises yet.
So I've been contacting DPD who keep telling me it's not due to ship ex the UK until the end of February/beginning of March.
Two months to get an order to Ireland that used to take max 5 days is outrageous.
Thanks for sharing.

nikosktm

nikosktm

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
predator and powermyself finished for eu customers

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
@bridgey1989 How's the situation with ordering to EU?

bridgey1989

bridgey1989

Awards
@KvanH Still abysmal. DPD have blocked all European shipments until at least 13th January. Apparently 20% off all parcels shipped with DPD going into the EU had incorrect import documents, so will be returned to sender. We still have the option to send with Royal Mail or Parcelforce. But big delays can be expected.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
@KvanH Still abysmal. DPD have blocked all European shipments until at least 13th January. Apparently 20% off all parcels shipped with DPD going into the EU had incorrect import documents, so will be returned to sender. We still have the option to send with Royal Mail or Parcelforce. But big delays can be expected.
Damn.. Thanks for quick reply.

Malbranque

Malbranque

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Crazy when I ordered Karbolyn, Mullein Lung Complex, Kraken PWO and some other goodies from iHerb in the USA on Monday evening and it arrived in Ireland this morning.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I put in an order with Powermyself 18.12.2020 and the last tracking update was on the 21.12.2020 still in the UK bound for Sweden. This was with Royal mail, so everything has major delays. Hopefully it will arrive eventually.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I may just be ordering from the US until this sh1t gets settled. Will have to take a look at the shipping costs first. Or maybe try some of the shops that are still in EU or has a warehouse in EU. Bodyshock for example.

Malbranque

Malbranque

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've rarely had a problem with PowerMyself, personally. Once or twice, An Post (the Irish postal service) has goosed it and sent to wrong depot, etc, once it hits their hands after DPD hands it over to them.
But PowerMyself are a great bunch with arguably the best prices I can see in the UK .
I only choose Predator over them if I'm stuck and need something within a week. This time, I really wanted an Anacyclus based supp, Cycloastragenol and Hemavol - which only they had - and now it looks like I'll be waiting an eternity for it to arrive.
That's not a dig at Predator. At all. They're usually spot on, but more so a dig at the situation we're all in and the slightly misleading marketing on the front of their site.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, I have made almost all of my out of country orders on Powermyself for years now and can only say good things about them and I don't blame this situation at all on them. Pred has some negatives.. This situation just drives me to take my business somewhere else for a moment, but will come back to Powermyself for sure when things get sorted out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 0
Supplements 0