breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't wait for it to arrive. I probably should've order a few boxes.

I'm going to heat one up, break it into little chunks, and add it to some homemade vanilla protein ice cream. Man, that'll be fantastic lol.
I plan to add it to my sludge or cottage cheese + protein sometime soon. I bet in protein ice cream it will be amazing.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow! Sounds awesome...I still need to find a good protein ice cream recipe. I came across one on bb.com where they added cottage cheese so I may have to give that a try.
I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and Greek yogurt. It's delicious (if the protein is).

Here's an old thread of mine that explains the process. I use the "improved" ice cream recipe, but without stevia or vanilla extract (not really needed IMO).

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202453-vanilla-mint-swirl.html

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I plan to add it to my sludge or cottage cheese + protein sometime soon. I bet in protein ice cream it will be amazing.
Those sound good as well. I bet you're right ;)

iSamurai

iSamurai

Awards
Just went through that...looks amazing man, and I appreciate you included the pics as well! I'll have to give this a go tomorrow (since today's macros are already accounted for lol)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just went through that...looks amazing man, and I appreciate you included the pics as well! I'll have to give this a go tomorrow (since today's macros are already accounted for lol)
No problem bud. Haha let me know how it goes.

Awards
  • Established
You guys are making me drool.. I might have to stop by there today.. As much as I hate that place. They'll probably be a un-athletic person there trying to tell me sell me stuff.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Lol I may unsubscribe to this thread for the last 8 weeks of my prep ;-). I kid I kid

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I may unsubscribe to this thread for the last 8 weeks of my prep ;-). I kid I kid
You'll be missed haha. I might unsubscribe until I can break my fast lol.

iSamurai

iSamurai

Awards
I apologize if I missed this, but are you doing IF or FTP?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I apologize if I missed this, but are you doing IF or FTP?
I'm doing a 16 hour fast/8 hour feeding window with AP and MBCAA+ (20mins after AP) before fasted training.

iSamurai

iSamurai

Awards
I'm doing a 16 hour fast/8 hour feeding window with AP and MBCAA+ (20mins after AP) before fasted training.
Awesome, I'll be giving IF a whirl for the first time in April for my cut. Hopefully it'll work wonders!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome, I'll be giving IF a whirl for the first time in April for my cut. Hopefully it'll work wonders!
This is my first time and it's going well. It's challenging with the amount of food I eat, but I've gotten used to it. It'll be nice when I drop to around 4000 calories for my cut lol.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is my first time and it's going well. It's challenging with the amount of food I eat, but I've gotten used to it. It'll be nice when I drop to around 4000 calories for my cut lol.
Awesome. I am interested in your feedback on IF.....about 3 weeks in. Still killing them weights Breezy !

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried those Meadows Stretchers today for one of my back movements. Took a little bit to get the hang of it...but I really liked it once I did. You are like an experiment and when you like something I feel it has to find a way into my training eventually. :lol:

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried those Meadows Stretchers today for one of my back movements. Took a little bit to get the hang of it...but I really liked it once I did. You are like an experiment and when you like something I feel it has to find a way into my training eventually. :lol:
Awesome man. I agree, once you get the form down they're fantastic. Lol I'm glad I could be of help :)

Awards
  • Established
I tried a couple sets of reeves deadlifts lightly yesterday during warmup (like 135lbs).. got me thinking for shoulders today.. Reeves shrugs? Would pulling from a wider angle like so reap any benefits?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried a couple sets of reeves deadlifts lightly yesterday during warmup (like 135lbs).. got me thinking for shoulders today.. Reeves shrugs? Would pulling from a wider angle like so reap any benefits?
Shrugging is actually done at the top of the movement with some Reeves deads variations.

Here's how John Meadows does them using a shorter bar.

[video=youtube_share;LzWUuFFYr0o]http://youtu.be/LzWUuFFYr0o[/video]

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/13/13

Today's workout was a lot of fun. I've become a big fan of the lower volume/higher intensity arm sessions. I think the ArA is starting to be felt because the pump was ridiculous. It got very intense at times, especially in my biceps. There were a few sets that came to an end because I could no longer fully contract the muscle.

Cross Body Hammer Curls
2 warm-up x10
55x10, 35x10
60x10, 45x7
65x8, 35x8, 20x8

superset with

Rope Pushdowns (2sec squeeze)
140x15, 100x10
150x12, 110x8
160x10, 120x8, 70x10

HS Preacher Curl (forceful contraction)
110x8, 70x6
110x8, 70x6
110x8, 70x6, 45x8

Seated Overhead Rope Extension (big stretch/2sec squeeze/4sec negative)
140x15
160x10, 100x10
180x6, 120x8, 80x8

Crazy 8's

-I did 10's

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout... sounds like a great pump...

Finally got my Quest Bars... was able to talk them into sending me a box with one of each kind in it! so far really liked the PBJ, Applie Pie, and Strawberry Cheesecake. The Banana Nut and Vanilla Crunch weren't as good but still enjoyed them.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout... sounds like a great pump...

Finally got my Quest Bars... was able to talk them into sending me a box with one of each kind in it! so far really liked the PBJ, Applie Pie, and Strawberry Cheesecake. The Banana Nut and Vanilla Crunch weren't as good but still enjoyed them.
Thanks wasme. It was easily the strongest pump I've felt in a while.

Very nice. That's cool that they hooked you up with every flavor. Yeah, there's not a "bad" bar in the line IMO.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My stores owner hides the pbj quest bars when I work. If not I will eat them all.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I work at an independant shop.....nothing main stream. Just guys who live the life and know what they are talking about :)

Reactions: 804
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My stores owner hides the pbj quest bars when I work. If not I will eat them all.
Haha I'd probably do the same. PBJ is definitely in my top 3.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And I work at an independant shop.....nothing main stream. Just guys who live the life and know what they are talking about :)
That's awesome. I wish there were more places like that around here.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine is a local family run, nutrition store here in Toronto... they pretty much cater to the low carb / gluten free crowd. They keep these in the 'back room warehouse' because they have not passed health canada's labeling guidelines yet. Freakin' govt I tell ya!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/13/13

Today's workout was a lot of fun. I've become a big fan of the lower volume/higher intensity arm sessions. I think the ArA is starting to be felt because the pump was ridiculous. It got very intense at times, especially in my biceps. There were a few sets that came to an end because I could no longer fully contract the muscle.

Cross Body Hammer Curls
2 warm-up x10
55x10, 35x10
60x10, 45x7
65x8, 35x8, 20x8

superset with

Rope Pushdowns (2sec squeeze)
140x15, 100x10
150x12, 110x8
160x10, 120x8, 70x10

HS Preacher Curl (forceful contraction)
110x8, 70x6
110x8, 70x6
110x8, 70x6, 45x8

Seated Overhead Rope Extension (big stretch/2sec squeeze/4sec negative)
140x15
160x10, 100x10
180x6, 120x8, 80x8

Crazy 8's

-I did 10's
Nice arm work Breezy !
Drop downs on every exercise. Wow. And you are moving some weight there.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice arm work Breezy !
Drop downs on every exercise. Wow. And you are moving some weight there.
Thanks fumoney! Yeah, for phase 3 the intensity is supposed to be at an all-time high. I haven't been focused on numbers, but decent progress was made with a lot of exercises.

Awards
  • Established
Breezy, sorry if I missed it completely, but are you on like a leangains/ IF feeding schedule?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Breezy, sorry if I missed it completely, but are you on like a leangains/ IF feeding schedule?
Yes sir. 16 hour fast/8 hour feeding window.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was looking into doing this myself, would you recommend it?
I'd say it's worth a try. I've only been doing it for about a month, so I haven't formed much of an opinion yet. I'll keep you posted though.

Awards
  • Established
I'd say it's worth a try. I've only been doing it for about a month, so I haven't formed much of an opinion yet. I'll keep you posted though.
Nice. Thinking about switching to that for my cut.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like certain aspects of IF when dieting. Mostly it is just convenient for me as I usually work a bit in the morning then lift so it is easy to just do that and not have to eat. IMO I am not too sold on it being any better than other methods, but when convenient it can be helpful.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. Thinking about switching to that for my cut.
Cool. I wanted to try it for my cut as well. I decided to give it a trial run first, to figure out if I could pull it off.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like certain aspects of IF when dieting. Mostly it is just convenient for me as I usually work a bit in the morning then lift so it is easy to just do that and not have to eat. IMO I am not too sold on it being any better than other methods, but when convenient it can be helpful.
Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily more effective than other diets, but I wanted to give it a shot. I figured it could be beneficial for my Alphamine run.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I think those two compliment each other nicely.

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily more effective than other diets, but I wanted to give it a shot. I figured it could be beneficial for my Alphamine run.
Yeah I was going to run the feeding window 1:30 to 9pm. Working out at 4pm after the first feast versus training fasted. I think I'll run alphamine-vanillean-MBCAA+ while fasting, through the day at work(5:45-3P).

:dunce: Solid?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I was going to run the feeding window 1:30 to 9pm. Working out at 4pm after the first feast versus training fasted. I think I'll run alphamine-vanillean-MBCAA+ while fasting, through the day at work(5:45-3P).

:dunce: Solid?
Looks solid to me ;)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! My B for using your thread for advice brohan
Not a problem at all man. I'm always more than willing to help.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Gratz Breezy for making the USPLABS REP in the 2013 Draft!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats Breezy!!!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar