breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, Breezy films himself squatting an empty bar and tells everyone how much weight is on there?

I might film myself pressing an empty bar and claim there are 500lbs worth of plates just out of shot. ;)

Love one and a half squats by the way. I tend do do one and a quarter but they are awesome for quad development.

hitokiri

hitokiri

Awards
Is it more effective 1body part a day while on steroids winny stanazolo?? Help me please

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Neely was great - his career over well before his time that is for sure.. fn Samuelson
It's a shame....What a jerk lol.

So, Breezy films himself squatting an empty bar and tells everyone how much weight is on there?

I might film myself pressing an empty bar and claim there are 500lbs worth of plates just out of shot. ;)

Love one and a half squats by the way. I tend do do one and a quarter but they are awesome for quad development.
If you look really hard, I think part of a 45lb plate makes an appearance lol.

I'd believe you :)

I hadn't tried them until recently, but they seem effective. Do you use a Smith machine or bb?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it more effective 1body part a day while on steroids winny stanazolo?? Help me please
I'm not the right guy to ask. If you post this question in the anabolics section, you'd probably get some feedback.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Jiigzz. I think the Smith machine and the 1.5 reps were the main problems haha. I should've set my feet in a better spot before starting. If I do them next week, I'll use a BB instead of being locked in awkwardly with the Smith.
Yeah i'm not a huge fan of smith machines because the bar isn't guided by your natural path of motion. In any case, the depth is really good, I typically take ages to warm up enough to get that kind of depth even with tonnes of hip mobility work and strecthing afterwards haha.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah i'm not a huge fan of smith machines because the bar isn't guided by your natural path of motion. In any case, the depth is really good, I typically take ages to warm up enough to get that kind of depth even with tonnes of hip mobility work and strecthing afterwards haha.
Thanks Jiigzz. I've never had a problem with depth regardless of how much I warm up. I should probably do more hip mobility work though.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Jiigzz. I've never had a problem with depth regardless of how much I warm up. I should probably do more hip mobility work though.
Lucky for some. I stole some more ideas from you today and did the 1 and a half squats.. the first time in ages I felt like I could only crawl outta the gym.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lucky for some. I stole some more ideas from you today and did the 1 and a half squats.. the first time in ages I felt like I could only crawl outta the gym.
Awesome man. Sounds about right lol. I'd like to try something new today if I can get to the gym.

Awards
  • Established
Hip abductor and adductor machines work great if your gym has them (aka the bad girl machines)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hip abductor and adductor machines work great if your gym has them (aka the bad girl machines)
Yup, my gym has a bunch of them. I haven't used one in years though.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Awards
  • Established
Yup, my gym has a bunch of them. I haven't used one in years though.
Yeah I get strange looks when I use them... Mainly from the other guys.. But those same guys are the ones doing 1/4 squats with 405 thinking they're doing something big. lmfao.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I get strange looks when I use them... Mainly from the other guys.. But those same guys are the ones doing 1/4 squats with 405 thinking they're doing something big. lmfao.
Haha. I wouldn't be concerned about any strange looks. I'm actually pretty used to it with my current training.

Awards
  • Established
Haha. I wouldn't be concerned about any strange looks. I'm actually pretty used to it with my current training.
Yeah, I couldn't care less really. I always lol on the inside though :p

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jeez, 6 pages already?! I'm the same as you Breezy. As long as there's enough weight on the bar I can get deep regardless of stance width and how much I've warmed up. Lucky us. :)

Your pics look good. Super lean as usual...

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/9/13

I couldn't get to the gym this morning, which made the rest of my day a little hectic. By the time I started working out, I had been fasting for 17+ hours, but it didn't seem to affect my performance much. I'm currently eating like crazy trying to get back on schedule.

BB Incline Bench (ROM: 2-3 inches from chest/no lockout)
2 warm-up x8
185x8
205x8
215x8
225x8

Cage Press (2sec negative/2sec squeeze)
135x10
135x10
135x8

-The squeeze in the contracted position felt great.

-This was my first time attempting these and it went pretty well until my last set. My left quad cramped up after a couple reps, so I adjusted my leg (it didn't help), which had me a little off balance. At the end of the video, you can see me immediately going to grab my leg when I set the bar down lol. It's still a decent example of the exercise so I posted it.

[video=youtube_share;ha95lfzlQV4]http://youtu.be/ha95lfzlQV4[/video]

Machine Laterals/DB Swings (2sec hold/3sec neg on laterals)
150x12, x12 partials / 45x25
150x10, x10 partials / 45x25

Rear Delt machine Flyes (2sec hold/squeeze)
140x12, 80x10
160x8, 80x8, 50x10, 20x12

Incline DB Swings (destroyer set)
55x60
25x30
10x10 (2 sec hold)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jeez, 6 pages already?! I'm the same as you Breezy. As long as there's enough weight on the bar I can get deep regardless of stance width and how much I've warmed up. Lucky us. :)

Your pics look good. Super lean as usual...
Welcome classic! Thanks for coming by. Haha it's nice not having to spend half of your time in the gym warming up.

Thank you!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/9/13I couldn't get to the gym this morning, which made the rest of my day a little hectic. By the time I started working out, I had been fasting for 17+ hours, but it didn't seem to affect my performance much. I'm currently eating like crazy trying to get back on schedule.BB Incline Bench (ROM: 2-3 inches from chest/no lockout) 2 warm-up x8 185x8 205x8 215x8 225x8 Cage Press (2sec negative/2sec squeeze)135x10135x10135x8-The squeeze in the contracted position felt great.-This was my first time attempting these and it went pretty well until my last set. My left quad cramped up after a couple reps, so I adjusted my leg (it didn't help), which had me a little off balance. At the end of the video, you can see me immediately going to grab my leg when I set the bar down lol. It's still a decent example of the exercise so I posted it. [video=youtube_share;ha95lfzlQV4]http://youtu.be/ha95lfzlQV4[/video] Machine Laterals/DB Swings (2sec hold/3sec neg on laterals) 150x12, x12 partials / 45x25 150x10, x10 partials / 45x25 Rear Delt machine Flyes (2sec hold/squeeze) 140x12, 80x10 160x8, 80x8, 50x10, 20x12 Incline DB Swings (destroyer set) 55x60 25x30 10x10 (2 sec hold)
Nice shirt. ;)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job Breezy... happen to see the game today? That blind pass Lucic made was something else..

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job Breezy... happen to see the game today? That blind pass Lucic made was something else..
Thanks wasme. I got to see a lot of it at the gym. They project all the games on massive wall...yes it was.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks wasme. I got to see a lot of it at the gym. They project all the games on massive wall...yes it was.
Go Flyers !!!!
I mean, DAMN It. Sorry a** effort today.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/9/13

I couldn't get to the gym this morning, which made the rest of my day a little hectic. By the time I started working out, I had been fasting for 17+ hours, but it didn't seem to affect my performance much. I'm currently eating like crazy trying to get back on schedule.

BB Incline Bench (ROM: 2-3 inches from chest/no lockout)
2 warm-up x8
185x8
205x8
215x8
225x8

Cage Press (2sec negative/2sec squeeze)
135x10
135x10
135x8

-The squeeze in the contracted position felt great.

-This was my first time attempting these and it went pretty well until my last set. My left quad cramped up after a couple reps, so I adjusted my leg (it didn't help), which had me a little off balance. At the end of the video, you can see me immediately going to grab my leg when I set the bar down lol. It's still a decent example of the exercise so I posted it.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/ha95lfzlQV4

Machine Laterals/DB Swings (2sec hold/3sec neg on laterals)
150x12, x12 partials / 45x25
150x10, x10 partials / 45x25

Rear Delt machine Flyes (2sec hold/squeeze)
140x12, 80x10
160x8, 80x8, 50x10, 20x12

Incline DB Swings (destroyer set)
55x60
25x30
10x10 (2 sec hold)
Looking good Breezy. Nice form in the video !

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good Breezy. Nice form in the video !
Thanks Fumoney. It was ok for some of it, but became a struggle to maintain when my quad cramped up.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That cage press looks interesting. It seems it would be like standing military but slightly easier being you can use force toward the cage? Am I seeing it right? Lol

In any case let me know how it works I may give it a go.

Just got caught up nice job in here bro.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That 1.5 smith squat would have me wrecked! Nice videos my dude.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That cage press looks interesting. It seems it would be like standing military but slightly easier being you can use force toward the cage? Am I seeing it right? Lol

In any case let me know how it works I may give it a go.

Just got caught up nice job in here bro.
Yup, you're seeing it right haha. It's actually a pretty tough movement. You stagger your legs for balance, push the bar against and up the rack, lean in at the top (contracted position), and flex your delts/traps.

You should try it out. I'll be doing them again.

Thanks brother.

That 1.5 smith squat would have me wrecked! Nice videos my dude.
Thanks again man. They definitely aren't easy lol.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't got a chance to do the cage presses yet but looks solid.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Breezy, what advantages do you notice with cage presses over smith presses? Is the main reason you do them because they can be performed standing?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't got a chance to do the cage presses yet but looks solid.
I dig em :). They were a lot more challenging than I thought they'd be. I had planned on warming up with 135lbs.

Breezy, what advantages do you notice with cage presses over smith presses? Is the main reason you do them because they can be performed standing?
Yesterday was my first time trying them, but being able to stand was a plus. John Meadows has some great exercises/variations, which I've been doing a lot of lately. As I was telling bolt, they're also more of a challenge. If I did something similar (seated) using a smith machine, I'd probably double the weight on the bar. The added resistance from moving/keeping the bar against the rack was a nice advantage.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried doing overhead presses in one of those squat machines ? Ours (i think its body masters at my gym) have 2 bars on top giving you a hammer grip. I do a squat then on top press it over head. You sort of press it upward and forward. I am liking it a lot. Of course you don't have to squat, but seeing I am still trying to cut weight, it was a good way to add intensity.

I love doing variations on presses.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/10/13

I've managed to sleep through the night since the addition of PowerFULL, which is awesome. Another thing I've noticed is that I'm waking up (feeling great) between 6:15AM and 6:30AM every morning before my alarm goes off. It's great to get up on your own as opposed to an alarm "forcing" you to get out of bed.

I weighed 216.4lbs (-.6lbs overall) this morning. I might bump up my calories a little because I don't want to start losing much weight for another couple weeks.

Dante Rows (2sec squeeze)
1 warm-up x12
140x12, 90x8
160x10, 90x8
180x8, 90x8

Prone Shrugs against rack (3sec hold/squeeze)
1 warm-up x12
225x10
225x10
245x8, 135x10

Stretching
1min per lat

Neutral Grip Pulldowns (2sec squeeze)
160x12, x8 partials
180x8, x6 partials, 100x8, x8 partials

Stretching
1min per lat x2

Reeves Deadlifts
1 warm-up x8
185x15
235x9
255x7

-I'm starting to love these. They feel amazing in my upper back and provide a great stretch.

-Someone came up to me between sets and actually knew what these were. I was sure I'd be questioned about what I was doing lol.

I've posted these example videos before, but I'll do it again, considering it's a new log.

[video=youtube_share;Kr6-OKbCqu4]http://youtu.be/Kr6-OKbCqu4[/video]

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;rPg8YHhORkE]http://youtu.be/rPg8YHhORkE[/video]

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;0xELn8aN1HY]http://youtu.be/0xELn8aN1HY[/video]

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried doing overhead presses in one of those squat machines ? Ours (i think its body masters at my gym) have 2 bars on top giving you a hammer grip. I do a squat then on top press it over head. You sort of press it upward and forward. I am liking it a lot. Of course you don't have to squat, but seeing I am still trying to cut weight, it was a good way to add intensity.

I love doing variations on presses.
I have not, but I'll give them a try. I was looking at an incline press machine yesterday and thought it would be great for a shoulder press variation if got on backwards.

As do I.

Awards
  • Established
3/10/13I've managed to sleep through the night since the addition of PowerFULL, which is awesome. Another thing I've noticed is that I'm waking up (feeling great) between 6:15AM and 6:30AM every morning before my alarm goes off. It's great to get up on your own as opposed to an alarm "forcing" you to get out of bed.I weighed 216.4lbs (-.6lbs overall) this morning. I might bump up my calories a little because I don't want to start losing much weight for another couple weeks. Dante Rows (2sec squeeze)1 warm-up x12 140x12, 90x8160x10, 90x8180x8, 90x8 Prone Shrugs against rack (3sec hold/squeeze) 1 warm-up x12 225x10 225x10 245x8, 135x10 Stretching 1min per lat Neutral Grip Pulldowns (2sec squeeze) 160x12, x8 partials180x8, x6 partials, 100x8, x8 partialsStretching 1min per lat x2 Reeves Deadlifts1 warm-up x8185x15235x9255x7-I'm starting to love these. They feel amazing in my upper back and provide a great stretch.-Someone came up to me between sets and actually knew what these were. I was sure I'd be questioned about what I was doing lol.I've posted these example videos before, but I'll do it again, considering it's a new log.
Nice workout Bro! I like some of these exercises- very unique but effective. I might have to try those reeves deadlifts this week.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
..nice workout Breezy... you have me sold on opening my bottle of PowerFULL tonight, as I have been sleeping like crap lately.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout Bro! I like some of these exercises- very unique but effective. I might have to try those reeves deadlifts this week.
Thanks buddy. The Reeves deadlifts are a little awkward at first. If you give them a try, I'd suggest starting very light.

..nice workout Breezy... you have me sold on opening my bottle of PowerFULL tonight, as I have been sleeping like crap lately.
Awesome. If it works half as good as it does for me, you'll love it.

Nothing like a full nights sleep
It's the best. Starting the day feeling fully refreshed is always nice.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
PowerFULL is awesome, and I can get it in NZ :D L-Dopa isn't allowed through :(

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PowerFULL is awesome, and I can get it in NZ :D L-Dopa isn't allowed through :(
That stinks. There are quite a few good products containing L-Dopa...I wouldn't be very happy about that.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice updates. Been checking out all the videos you've been posting. Some exercises I will be trying out this week that I either haven't performed before or haven't done in a while. Sounds like PowerFULL is really working for you (=. Gotta love that deep undisturbed sleep.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have several of the Powerfull sample packs...haven't broken into them yet. I used the old Powerfull bulk powder tho. Enjoyed it but wasn't the greatest tasting stuff. :no:

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice updates. Been checking out all the videos you've been posting. Some exercises I will be trying out this week that I either haven't performed before or haven't done in a while. Sounds like PowerFULL is really working for you (=. Gotta love that deep undisturbed sleep.
Thanks kbayne. There are a lot of interesting exercises/variations that I've started incorporating into my routine the last couple months. I think you'll enjoy them.

You can check out a bunch of the exercises at the below link if you'd like.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mountaindog1

Yeah, PowerFULL is highly effective for me. I had some deep uninterrupted sleep again last night.

I have several of the Powerfull sample packs...haven't broken into them yet. I used the old Powerfull bulk powder tho. Enjoyed it but wasn't the greatest tasting stuff. :no:
What are you waiting for? :). I'm interested in hearing what you think. I haven't used the bulk powder, but am guessing I wouldn't enjoy the taste either.