breezy's training, supplementation, and food log

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Hahah John Meadows reminds me of Dorian Yates, but even more intense. He looks like he's about to die with every rep.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm hoping I'll be back to posting more regularly soon. Due to work, I've had to do a lot of unexpected traveling the last 3 weeks, and will hopefully be settled soon.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought the flexible lat pulldown bar was a cool concept. Thanks for posting that!

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I just watched those John Meadows videos. Seems like a good dude.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought the flexible lat pulldown bar was a cool concept. Thanks for posting that!
No problem! Yeah, I'd like to give one of hose a try.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just watched those John Meadows videos. Seems like a good dude.
Yes sir. He's a very good dude who is always willing to help others and share knowledge when he can. Very good for bodybuilding.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I don't understand why the class was deemed necessary,
Or how it will benefit the "sport"

Or how it passed any preliminary panels to then become a thing.

I'm not a fan of this one

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand why the class was deemed necessary,
Or how it will benefit the "sport"

Or how it passed any preliminary panels to then become a thing.

I'm not a fan of this one
Not sure why it's even a thing. Who comes up with this ****?

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Don't besmirch the good name of the almighty Richard S. please! Richard Simmons at least had ENTHUSIASM. These guys seem so lackadaisical about the whole thing. Embarrassing.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, it's ridiculous and hopefully never makes it to the US, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised. There'll probably be a "Dad Bod" class soon ha...Anyone can compete and have a shot at being a "pro".

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
....this is right up there with the Beer Olympics! (at least beer tastes good lol)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought I'd be back to posting more frequently this week, but it's looking like next month is more realistic. Work has me commuting 2 hours (each way) and working 12 hour days (at least) 6 days a week currently. I'll do my best to get a training and nutrtion update posted soon. Both are going pretty well since slowly getting back to training hard post surgery.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I thought I'd be back to posting more frequently this week, but it's looking like next month is more realistic. Work has me commuting 2 hours (each way) and working 12 hour days (at least) 6 days a week currently. I'll do my best to get a training and nutrtion update posted soon. Both are going pretty well since slowly getting back to training hard post surgery.
Yikes those are some crazy hours. Sorry to hear it. Glad things are progressing for you though post surgery

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yikes those are some crazy hours. Sorry to hear it. Glad things are progressing for you though post surgery
Yeah, it's rough; the other day I got up for work at 5am and got home at 11:30pm. I literally walk in the door after work and immediately run around getting prepared for the morning before I take my coat off. Then I eat, and try to get 4-5 hours sleep. My off day ends up being busier than work days, preparing food and catching up on client updates and errands. I do have 3 hours off in the middle of 4 days though (if not booked) where I can train, shower, and work on updating training/nutrition for clients (can't go home due to commute). Plenty of time to get work done, but only a few hours total a week for any sort of sitting down and relaxing. I should be able to go back closer to home and have better hours soon, based on how things are going at my current location.

Thanks man. I'm around 230 now and not too fat ha. I'll take it, considering I couldn't train at all for a month and just got back full force.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's one weekly update pic from Friday. These are taken cold, in the morning. I've truly started to train hard again (post surgery) this week, but there has been a ham focus for the last 4, which has lead to some improvement.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1457323284.542831.jpg

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is one hectic schedule Matt. Looking good though!
Thanks Simon. Yeah, schedule got worse this week ha, but should improve...I haven't trained since Monday or had any breaks, as I've been traveling more in the middle of the day to different clubs.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
LOVE that rear delt pop!

Solid side chest brother

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have made me a John Meadows fan good sir. I watched a bunch of his videos on YT, and I like his attitude and work ethic.
Great to hear man. I've been getting my training from John for years and his style was what originally made me focus on bodybuilding as opposed to primarily strength (after many years or training). I've learned a ton from him since, outside of training as well and still work with the Mtn. Dog Diet team.

Here's a quick Q&A he did today.

http://youtu.be/LbUOmJkgfYQ

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Irony...

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460063106.271691.jpg

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm still alive.

More changes involving work, which I'm happy about, and I'll be back fairly soon.

http://youtu.be/S3r5fyAPWWE

One Arm BB Row: Make sure you support weight by placing forearm on the quad of non working side, keep back tight (outside of deep stretch), keep chest up (as much as you can while bent over to prevent rounding of back, especially on concentric portion of movement), focus on driving elbow up (don't yank weight up with arm), don't go too heavy (a lot try more than John...) then they should feel comfortable and effective.

And I feel that I get far less out of DB rows as well.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've found that my workouts are much more effective when I switched to concentrating on the motion rather than the amount of weight pulled. *thumbs up emoticon*

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've found that my workouts are much more effective when I switched to concentrating on the motion rather than the amount of weight pulled. *thumbs up emoticon*
Same here. I just walked or of the gym after doing a shoulder workout that used no sb above 10lb and only up to 25lb on the smith. Best I've felt in ages.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm very proud of this guy. He's put in a lot of hard work and made serious progress throughout his prep. He's currently about 1.5 weeks out from his first OCB (natural) Men's Physique competition.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461721950.259933.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1461721967.261028.jpg

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Good lord......what a transformation!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Holy hell! That is absolutely incredible! What's the timeframe on that masterpiece?

Awards
  • Established
I'm very proud of this guy. He's put in a lot of hard work and made serious progress throughout his prep. He's currently about 1.5 weeks out from his first OCB (natural) Men's Physique competition.

View attachment 134755View attachment 134756
Thanks Matt, your insight and knowledge have helped me tremendously!

Holy hell! That is absolutely incredible! What's the timeframe on that masterpiece?
Thanks brother- Thats about 20 weeks of controlled dieting, cardio, and training