• RockStar
  • Established
Good luck with the surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery Matt! x

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off to surgery. As much as I'd rather not be in pain for a few days, I'm excited for some time off and hopefully catching up on sleep ha...I haven't had more than 2-3 hours a night in a couple weeks.

Sam1985

Sam1985

Awards
Off to surgery. As much as I'd rather not be in pain for a few days, I'm excited for some time off and hopefully catching up on sleep ha...I haven't had more than 2-3 hours a night in a couple weeks.
Good luck Matt! Enjoy those zzz's

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Best of luck! Enjoy the rest time

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on the surgery!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck on the surgery!
Thanks bud. Surgery went well as far as I know. I was in recovery for most of the day and am dealing with pain, but there weren't any major complications. I actually won't be able to see the outcome for another week. I was told I'll have an inny belly button though, which will be a first for me lol.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad all went well Matt.
Thanks Simon. Hopefully the pain dies down a bit soon, as I haven't been able to sleep much at all, even with meds.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1450890497.560877.jpg

Anyone see the new Star Wars movie?

Awards
  • Established
I saw it in iMax. It was incredible- I need to watch it at least 2 more times to get the full effect

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went last night in iMax as well. Sh*t was awesome!!!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More people need to think like this. Some people seem like they want an award just for getting off their lazy asses and doing something that's good for their own benefit in the first place.
With social media, it seems like some people go to the gym just for an opportunity to post a selfie and tell everyone about it lol.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are you doing Matt?
I'm doing alright. Still dealing with some pain and trying to move around as little as possible, but getting better daily. I have my follow up appointment in the morning and should see what was actually done. May do some light cardio in few days if feeling alright, just to get some blood moving.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
With social media, it seems like some people go to the gym just for an opportunity to post a selfie and tell everyone about it lol.
These are the people I hate the most at the gym. The ones wh spend more time on their phone than doing anything. I'll take the 400lb cardio only person over these douches.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hope you have a speedy recovery Matt, and I hear you guys on phones in the gym...
Mine does not stay with me while lifting

Awards
  • Established
Would the movie still be good if I watched it on a 12" screen or was it more just the iMax experience/effects?
It would easily be worth watching- especially if you're a Star Wars geek. I honestly want to see it in regular because the iMax was a bit overwhelming at times- I feel like I could have missed some things. You could tell Lucas didn't direct it, though. There was almost too many "giggle" moments that made me feel like it wasn't serious at times. Not that it wasn't awesome- I just didn't get that Star Wars feel at times

Sam1985

Sam1985

Awards
I'm doing alright. Still dealing with some pain and trying to move around as little as possible, but getting better daily. I have my follow up appointment in the morning and should see what was actually done. May do some light cardio in few days if feeling alright, just to get some blood moving.
Matt, i know I'm not the only one thinking this but given you may have extra time not training we'd love to see what's on the menu for recovery fortnight : )

Nothing's too "boring" IMO

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt, i know I'm not the only one thinking this but given you may have extra time not training we'd love to see what's on the menu for recovery fortnight : )

Nothing's too "boring" IMO
Extra time has actually been non existent since staring my new job ha, but I do get to wake up a couple hours later if not training.

Anyways, I have tomorrow off thankfully. Nothing crazy is planned for my recovery period (I had a scheduled 1-2 weeks off regardless of surgery as well) . I'll be sticking to my non training day diet with my 2 weekly cheat meals. If weight drops more than 2lbs overnight (not following any potential spike from a cheat meal) I'll add 150-200g carbs that day. Next week I plan to do some light cardio to get blood moving again (cardio is not in my regular off season plan currently, but may be added to stimulate appetite when cals get ridiculous). I'll make the call whether or not I add some light machine work to the cardio at some point next week and adjust diet accordingly, but not use intra nutrition in that situation. Either way I'll be taking my time getting back into training at full speed. Prior to my break I was training 4x week with high volume and no intensity techniques which worked out very well as my calories and metabolism picked up. Once I'm ready, I'll move to a 12 week program, which will most likely be in the next few weeks.

I'll try to post more updates as well. I'll have 4 hours off in the middle of the day, now that my schedule is figured out. Changed it a couple times so far which gave me 4 hours total off out of 24 lol

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And I've been trying to find a new car (will most likely sign off on one Saturday), since mine decided to fall apart last night. I was up all night figuring out how to get a rental for early this morning and until I get a new one. I don't feel like fixing my current car is worth it considering the amount of driving I'm doing now.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Merry Christmas brother!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Merry Christmas to everyone else too.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Merry Christmas man.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Merry Christmas and may Santa bring you lower bodyfat and increased vascularity.
Hope you had a great Christmas as well brother. I think he got the lists mixed up and brought me the opposite ha.

I found and can pick up a new ride tomorrow though, so overall it was a great Xmas. Only downside is that I have to pay for it lol.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1451358710.415953.jpg

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Perfectly worded. And just in time for the new year crowd ha
Ha I'm looking forward to the crowd at my work gym. They should raise my income quite a bit, and I can hopefully get a good amount set up with a good trainer/program that keeps them motivated enough to stick around.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Email reply to someone about training intensity, volume, and approach from Milos Sarcev, 10+ years ago.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1451559832.576434.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thanks for that one sir, interesting