Breakfast of champions - sweat potato/bacon/avocado/egg boat

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I made this dish this morning and I'm not going to calculate all the macros, but thought it worth sharing...I actually really enjoy this dish and it's a great addition to anyone looking to get some solid calories from quality carbs/fats/proteins

1 sweet potato
1/2 ripe avocado
1 tsp evoo
3-4 large eggs - poached is best, but sunny side up works well too...I just want to make sure the yolk is not cooked through
2 table spoons bacon bits
2 tsp butter - I use Kirkland grass fed butter
maple syrup - can sub other sweeteners, but I like the organic maple syrup from Costco.

directions:
1) bake sweet potato - I usually bake them for about 50 min at 400 degrees f - until cooked all the way through. I clean them well, coat in olive oil, pierce the top a few times with a fork and then bake
2) cook eggs to desired doneness. If I'm feeling it, I'll poach the eggs. otherwise I just cook them sunny side up or over easy. I prefer running yolks and seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper for each egg
3) once eggs are done, I use the hot pan to fry up some bacon bits - I use Costco brand.
4) cube half of one large avocado
5) split baked sweat potato and cover in butter
6) sprinkle bacon bits on top
7) drizzle a little maple syrup over the bacon
8) add layer of avocado cubes
9) put eggs on top - can sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. If I do sunny side up eggs, I personally cut the egg whites off and eat them separately.
10) cut eggs open and spread yolk over the top of everything
11) enjoy a salty/sweet/creamy meal that will help you power through the day

to cut some fat and calories, you could
sub the bacon for turkey bacon.
sub the maple syrup for a low sugar alternative.
use low fat butter alternatives

I'm sure this dish won't be for everyone, but I love it!

Last edited:
delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Il be absolutely having a few of these for breakfast on my next cheat day
Can’t wait for you to try…it’s not a pretty dish, but it certainly hits the spot.

Since it’s kinda all mushy, was thinking of options to add that will give it a little texture

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can’t wait for you to try…it’s not a pretty dish, but it certainly hits the spot.

Since it’s kinda all mushy, was thinking of options to add that will give it a little texture
Il fuk with it and il post on my log and tag you when I do

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Jalapeños and green olives

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jalapeños and green olives
Try it and let me know how it goes

I’m going to sprinkle some almond flakes on the next round

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmm. I might try this with scrambled eggs. I already like everything in it.

2muchchicken

2muchchicken

Awards
I made this dish this morning and I'm not going to calculate all the macros, but thought it worth sharing...I actually really enjoy this dish and it's a great addition to anyone looking to get some solid calories from quality carbs/fats/proteins

1 sweet potato
1/2 ripe avocado
1 tsp evoo
3-4 large eggs - poached is best, but sunny side up works well too...I just want to make sure the yolk is not cooked through
2 table spoons bacon bits
2 tsp butter - I use Kirkland grass fed butter
maple syrup - can sub other sweeteners, but I like the organic maple syrup from Costco.

directions:
1) bake sweet potato - I usually bake them for about 50 min at 400 degrees f - until cooked all the way through. I clean them well, coat in olive oil, pierce the top a few times with a fork and then bake
2) cook eggs to desired doneness. If I'm feeling it, I'll poach the eggs. otherwise I just cook them sunny side up or over easy. I prefer running yolks and seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper for each egg
3) once eggs are done, I use the hot pan to fry up some bacon bits - I use Costco brand.
4) cube half of one large avocado
5) split baked sweat potato and cover in butter
6) sprinkle bacon bits on top
7) drizzle a little maple syrup over the bacon
8) add layer of avocado cubes
9) put eggs on top - can sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. If I do sunny side up eggs, I personally cut the egg whites off and eat them separately.
10) cut eggs open and spread yolk over the top of everything
11) enjoy a salty/sweet/creamy meal that will help you power through the day

to cut some fat and calories, you could
sub the bacon for turkey bacon.
sub the maple syrup for a low sugar alternative.
use low fat butter alternatives

I'm sure this dish won't be for everyone, but I love it!

That’s more fat than I eat in an entire week 😆😆

lamarclark09

Awards
It’s looking so delicious that I’ll definitely gonna try it soon.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
brought this one back and made it this morning

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anything with avocado and eggs... anything at all lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
anything with avocado and eggs... anything at all lol
Ive made the sweet potato with bacon and eggs on top for breakfast probably 20 times, Whenever I have avocado I'll throw it on there too and washed it down with a shake , skim fairlife milk, 1 scoop whey and 1 banana. It's a delicious bulking breakfast.
Screenshot_20231212_155647_Macros.jpg

If you add the half an avocado it's an extra hundred and fifty calories

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive made the sweet potato with bacon and eggs on top for breakfast probably 20 times, Whenever I have avocado I'll throw it on there too and washed it down with a shake , skim fairlife milk, 1 scoop whey and 1 banana. It's a delicious bulking breakfast. View attachment 238650
If you add the half an avocado it's an extra hundred and fifty calories
Over easy/medium eggs makes it even better. Been making that for breakfast on the weekends for a while.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Over easy/medium eggs makes it even better. Been making that for breakfast on the weekends for a while.
I like really runny yolks, dont know exactly what its called. Over easy? I think over medium is a little more firm but still a little runny, Either way I like it

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like really runny yolks, dont know exactly what its called. Over easy? I think over medium is a little more firm but still a little runny, Either way I like it
A proper over medium is still runny like over easy but the whites are completely done. Either way a runny egg is the way to go especially with sweet potatoes