Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

BPS: COMBUSTIONing my way through post surgery weight loss

Not sure how I missed that you were going camping! That's awesome! Sound like you guys had a blast and you got a good workout in cutting down a tree!

It was a workday at the hunting camp. General maintenance, for the most part. Still nice being in the woods.
 
It was a workday at the hunting camp. General maintenance, for the most part. Still nice being in the woods.

Ahh ok! Yes, nothing like being outdoors and in the woods!
 
Camping with sons = priceless. Nice strength and cardio with taking down that tree!
 
My wife's cousins have them. Yes, they're very bad ass!

I want one really bad too.

Camping with sons = priceless. Nice strength and cardio with taking down that tree!

Thanks! I got some dead lifts in loading the trunk/base onto a tractor, too. Sweating up a storm in this Florida Summer heat!
 
60s breaks on everything unless otherwise stated.

Weight Lifted: 65,375 lbs

Seated Leg Curl 200

Set 1 : 75x10
Set 2 : 90x10
Set 3 : 120x10
Set 4 : 135x10
Set 5 : 150x10

Drop Set-
Set 6 : 150x8
Set 7 : 120x8
Set 8 : 90x8

Lying Leg Curls 177.33
-In place of Ham Killers. Couldn't find anything to do those on.

Set 1 : 140x8
Set 2 : 140x7
Set 3 : 125x8

Leg Press 840
-90s breaks

Set 1 : 360x5
Set 2 : 450x10
Set 3 : 540x10
Set 4 : 630x10
Set 5 : 680x4

Following set used a 30#/Grey resistance band, but released it on set 16:

Set 6 : 450x20


Barbell Squat 357.5
-70s rests

Set 1 : 185x10
Set 2 : 275x9
Set 3 : 225x10

-These are the heaviest squats have felt in a few weeks.

Leg Press Machine With One Leg 186.67
-right leg x10, then left leg x10, then 45s rests before repeating

Set 1 : 140x10
Set 2 : 140x10
Set 3 : 110x10
Set 4 : 110x12 -with 20#\blue band

Seated Calf Raise 287
-two drop sets

1:
Set 1 : 205x12
Set 2 : 180x10
Set 3 : 135x12
Set 4 : 90x12
Set 5 : 45x20

60s break, then:

2:
Set 6 : 135x17
Set 7 : 90x15
Set 8 : 45x15
 
I took combustion before church but forgot to take it after, or pre workout. It was a decent lift, bug I missed that extra focus.

Going to start posting meals again tomorrow. Gotta get this thing back on track...
 
Dang man you killed 'em!!! Super strong leg workout-especially without pwo!
 
Great leg workout! I know what you mean about the meals. I'm going to be out on a boat all day on Friday(which maybe be mine soon,really excited!) so this week I'm going to watch food intake like a hawk and try to bring out some more definition!
 
Great leg workout! I know what you mean about the meals. I'm going to be out on a boat all day on Friday(which maybe be mine soon,really excited!) so this week I'm going to watch food intake like a hawk and try to bring out some more definition!


Thanks Pete!

That sounds like a blast. Just know, when you have a boat, lotsa moneys will be spent. I have two, and at the moment thy stay parked...
 
I hear that so much! We have been debating buying a boat the past year or so. Another option we have looked at is a boat club membership. You get unlimited boat use basically and only have to pay the membership fees and to refill the tank. The boat is prepped and ready- waiting in the water when you arrive. All accessories are supplied as needed too. Unfortunately it's ~ $275 a month. About how much does it cost owning your own?
 
Thanks Pete! That sounds like a blast. Just know, when you have a boat, lotsa moneys will be spent. I have two, and at the moment thy stay parked...
actually the only reason why I considering buying it is because it's from a family member and he is a boat fanatic and a perfectionist. It's in excellent condition and both motors are brand new plus the top is as well.
 
Impromptu off day. Wife woke me up for midnight cardio and I just couldn't get up at 0330 to go WO.

Calories will be approximately 2,000 but I'll post the finals later.

Combustion and DCP 2.0 were taken at 0600, and I'll second dose around 11 and third around 2-3.
 
Nothing wrong with that! I think my wife kept me up almost to midnight to do cardio lol.
Same here, it was tough getting out of bed this morning!
 
That's the best cardio anyways! Well worth having to rearrange a bit! ;)
 
Thanks y'all! My legs are so, so sore today. Thanks god it's not back day, I don't think I could hold the bar up leaning over...

Yesterdays intake:

2,042 calories

276 P
117 C
31 F
 
60s rests on everything

Bench Press Machine 252.83

WU-
Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 85x10
Set 3 : 115x10

Set 4 : 130x8
Set 5 : 160x8
Set 6 : 190x8
Set 7 : 205x7

Barbell Incline Bench Press 222

Set 1 : 135x6
Set 2 : 155x6
Set 3 : 175x6
Set 4 : 185x6
Set 5 : 195x4

Banded Bench 222
-Stronger band than last week

Set 1 : 45x3
Set 2 : 185x6
Set 3 : 185x6
Set 4 : 185x6
Set 5 : 185x5
Set 6 : 175x5

Dip 1.37
1=BW

Set 1 : 1x11
Set 2 : 1x10

Machine Reverse Flyes 216.67

WU- Set 1 : 100x10
Set 2 : 100x35 PR!
Set 3 : 85x30 (pauses)
Set 4 : 70x25 (p)
Set 5 : 70x20 (p)

DB Swings 75

Set 1 : 45x20
Set 2 : 45x20
Set 3 : 45x20

Over and Back 93.33
-2 upward movements = 1 rep

Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 60x7
Set 3 : 50x10

Dumbbell Lateral Raise 20

Set 1 : 15x10, x10, x10

Notes:

It sucks not having a spotter. I hate not being able to try for that extra rep.

Think I'll try 2x Combustion before tomorrow's WO and try and hit another meadows PR.

Not completely positive where my calories will end today, but I don't want to go below 2300.
 
Strong bench and all around lifts. You only dip 1.37 lbs?! Lol jk We both need spotters. Any one of your boys old enough to help?
 
Super strong bench day!! Some high weight/reps on rev flyes too!! Killer job!!
 
Lookin good man!! I'm headed in to do chest and shoulders myself ;)
 
Thanks everyone! Ha! No. I snuck the 12 year old in once...
I've got a 13 year old that is just dying to go lift with me. He has to be 14 before the gym will let him join, so it saves me from arguing with him. Although I can't wait! He's very athletic and really wants to lift and compete, so it'll be fun training with him and watching him grow :D
 
I've got a 13 year old that is just dying to go lift with me. He has to be 14 before the gym will let him join, so it saves me from arguing with him. Although I can't wait! He's very athletic and really wants to lift and compete, so it'll be fun training with him and watching him grow :D

I hope he will in the future. He has done some other stuff at friends' houses, but he says I'm a little to intense. He'll grow out of that, I believe.

Destroyed that workout Thomas.. those over and backs get brutal don't they.

Thanks Wasme! I like 'em, and yeah, they burn.

Man it's rough getting caught up but made it. Looking strong brother

Thanks Thomas!
 
Ended the day with:

2,386 calories

294g Protein
126g Carbs
57g Fat

Dinner was chicken, 90/10 beef, sautéed onion, black eyed peas, turkey bacon, habanero ketchup and lots of Srirachi! So yummy!!


Invalid Link Removed
 
Slept almost the entire night without even waking up to go to the bathroom. That's rare for me.

Feeling good this morning and about ready for the row-a-thon. Large muscle work today so my calories will be about the same as yesterday.
 
60s on everything--

Meadows Row 171

Set 1 : 50x10
Set 2 : 75x10
Set 3 : 100x8
Set 4 : 125x8 1 rep PR!
Set 5 : 135x8 PR again!!!!
Set 6 : 115x8

Barbell Bent One Arm Row 126.67


Set 1 : 75x8 (arm outside leg)
Set 2 : 100x8 (inside/ too tough weight to balance outside, an lats were too weak to stay at this weight)
Set 3 : 75x8 (outside)
Set 4 : 75x8 (outside w/ (2) 15# Red band


Cable Seated Row 173.33
-used a (1) 10# band here. Hold a lat squeeze for 1s, 2' wide grip.

Set 1 : 130x10
Set 2 : 120x10
Set 3 : 110x10

Dumbbell Bent Arm Pullover 93.33

Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 70x10
Set 3 : 70x9

Barbell Good Morning 246.67

Set 1 : 135x10
Set 2 : 185x10
Set 3 : 155x10


Hyperextensions - Back Extensions 4.6
-Blue Band (3)

Set 1 : 3x12
Set 2 : 3x16

Seated Calf Raise 300
-2 drop sets

1:
Set 1 : 180x20
Set 2 : 135x10
Set 3 : 90x13
Set 4 : 45x11
2:
Set 5 : 180x15
Set 6 : 135x10
Set 7 : 90x7
Set 8 : 45x13

Notes:

Great, great WO. My lats were screaming by the time I got to the cable rows and those just made them worse. I had all kinds of crazy looks at my funny faces. I liked using the band on then too, it was perfect for the squeeze even though I had to lighten the weight.

Only went with one combustion. Thank God I did because I was already sweating like crazy.
 
Hell of a lifting session! Good job brother and congrats on the PRs. Beastly!
 
Holy smoke man!!! You're just getting stronger and stronger every week!! Killer rowathon!!
 
Very nice man!! looks like I have some work to do to catch up with you on those meadows rows ;)
 
Thanks guys!
 
Thank brohemouths!

Diet was on point yesterday!

2,330 calories:

294 Protein
119 Carbs
54 Fats

I'm eating just enough to feel ok enough to not need any extra rest and feel like I don't need a re-feed, but still way below maintenance. We'll see what this weekend brings with all the yard work and extracurricular activities.

Arms on tap today, legs again tomorrow if the dang things will heal up if not I guess it'll be chest/shoulder day again. I'm going to want to save my rest day for when I can sleep in.

A female cousin of mine should be ordering some Combustion today. She messaged me last night about fat burners and fasted cardio and this one was my recommendation, especially for the added focus and sweat (she's never worked out before). I did mention another brand for appetite suppression but told her this one contribute to that as well AND the workouts are just seamless.

She said she'll keep me posted.

We went into a marihuana grow house yesterday. Craziest ¡sh I've ever seen. They installed an AC compressor and handler in closets upstairs an had vents openly running all over the place to control the climate. They also had heat lamps (or black lights, or whatever they use) all over the place. And this fire hazard:

Invalid Link Removed

It really was cool looking, considering.
 
Have you stopped using the ABCDE diet for this cut with Combustion?

Love that electrical workmanship! If it would have caught fire then the whole neighborhood would have been high from the smoke. Lol
 
That's exciting about your cousin! I'm ready to try it out myself soon as I'm done with the c2k.

That's crazy about the house! Amazing what some people do! Really cool that you get to be a part of stopping them!
 
Have you stopped using the ABCDE diet for this cut with Combustion?
l

Yes. My diet slipped a little, but I like the size that was added to my legs and lats. I'm going to SLOWLY adjust calories as I strengthen my diet motivation an monitor potential muscle losses. Slow and easy this go-round.

That's exciting about your cousin! I'm ready to try it out myself soon as I'm done with the c2k.

That's crazy about the house! Amazing what some people do! Really cool that you get to be a part of stopping them!

I'm really excited for her too. I hope she sticks with it.
 
Warmup:

Triceps Pushdown V Bar 210

Set 1 : 80x12
Set 2 : 100x12
Set 3 : 150x12

Tri Set:

Cable Rope High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension 182

Set 1 : 130x12
Set 2 : 120x12
Set 3 : 110x12
Set 4 : 100x12

Dumbbell Tricep Kickback 42
-Pronated

Set 1 : 35x6
Set 2 : 35x6
Set 3 : 35x6
Set 4 : 35x6

Dip Machine 190
-no lockout

Set 1 : 140x8
Set 2 : 150x8
Set 3 : 150x8
Set 4 : 150x8


EZ Bar Triceps Extension 100

Set 1 : 60x20 outside grip
Set 2 : 60x12 inside
Set 3 : 50x20 outside
Set 4 : 50x20 inside

Dumbbell Bicep Curl 46.67
-4x8, both arms, keep the palms up throughout the whole movement.

Set 1 : 35x8
Set 2 : 40x5 drop
Set 3 : 35x3
Set 4 : 35x8
Set 5 : 35x4 drop
Set 6 : 30x4

EZ Bar Curl 96
-3s descent

Set 1 : 80x6
Set 2 : 70x6
Set 3 : 70x6
Set 4 : 70x6

Dumbbell Hammer Curls 46.67
-squeeze at top

Set 1 : 40x5 drop
Set 2 : 35x4
Set 3 : 35x8 drop
Set 4 : 30x2
Set 5 : 30x10
Set 6 : 30x6 drop
Set 7 : 25x3

Reverse EZ Bar Curls 70
-1s squeeze at top

Set 1 : 50x12
Set 2 : 40x12
Set 3 : 40x12


SS, both done on right arm first then left arm:

Leaning reverse extension burnouts 28
- leaning over and alternating palm fwd and reverse

Drop set-

Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 15x4
Set 3 : 7.5x6

Outside Bicep Curl Machine 120
-this week it was all done with the lighter resistance setting, and with the plan facing out to start and down when it goes behind my head. So. Much. Burn.

Set 1 : 80x15
Set 2 : 60x10
Set 3 : 40x15
 
Wow! I bet your arms were on fire!!!
 
Back
Top