BPC 157 / TB500 for Distal Bicep and Shoulder Tendonitis

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started this regiment 13 days ago and am seeing some very mild improvement. My dosage is the recommended standard for each and I'm also doing ART therapy for the bicep. I'm pinning IM the 157 at the injury, but my bicep gets sore after, so I'm thinking to go 1-4 inches by it, which would be the upper outer forearm or the bicep. Pinning at the middle bicep has been tricky and it sometimes get sore.

I was pinning subq for the TB500, but read you can do IM as well, so I started pinning this at the shoulder as well. I don't feel the injury at the shoulder now.

The key I am finding is to drop all my upper body work by about 50%, higher volume, get the blood flowing. Just wanted to see if anyone has tried this combo for distal bicep tendonitis. I'm working with my best friend who is pro bodybuilder on my dosage and such as this is my first time ever doing anything like this.

Anyone else have experience with these two for such an injury? Thanks!

TooManyGains

TooManyGains

Awards
What are your symptoms I'm under the impression I'm developing tendinitis from previous shoulder dislocations

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing super painful, but it feels more like an impingement in the shoulder. Then it moved down to my distal bicep area and has been there for months. According to my chiro and ART therapist, they're related and can take a long time to heal.

I've done two runs of BPC and TB and I am not convinced they have helped me. I'm sure it's hard to get a good, reliable quality source, but for me, I'd rather spend the money on ART therapy, which has helped me in the past.

TooManyGains

TooManyGains

Awards
What exactly are you feeling in the bicep? Does it cramp up and feel like it's about to pop? What causes the pain? Overhead pulling motions (lat pulldowns) does it prevent you from doing curls?

PeteRyde

PeteRyde

Awards
Interesting coincidence. I dislocated my shoulder about 8 months ago and although it's ok now, I developed tendinitis in the bicep. Mine is most painful if I supinate when doing dumbbell bicep curls and I feel it in the forearm.
I've just ordered TB-500 and BPC 157. I'm hoping for some magic. A bit concerned your two runs didn't do it.

TooManyGains

TooManyGains

Awards
I've been dealing with what I'm now assuming is tendinitis for 2 years. I've taken 3 month breaks in between and nothing has helped. It won't heal itself so don't let it get worse

Finally after 2 years I have an ultrasound and MRI scheduled on Thursday

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What exactly are you feeling in the bicep? Does it cramp up and feel like it's about to pop? What causes the pain? Overhead pulling motions (lat pulldowns) does it prevent you from doing curls?
It's dull, not super painful. I feel it in my top right shoulder, like something could pop, same in my right and now left bicep. I've had success doing ARTherapy and Chiro work and working around the injury. Got back to 100%, but it came back. I have now realized that I can injure and not feel the symptoms until it is too late, so certain exercises are out for me for life, like pullups of any kind, barbell bench of any kind, etc. Rest, ice, therapy is what helped me in the past. I HIGHLY suggest you read this site carefully and being to pull back and start ART: http://bodyspartan.com/bicep-tendinitis-and-brachioradialis-forearm-tendinitis/

Interesting coincidence. I dislocated my shoulder about 8 months ago and although it's ok now, I developed tendinitis in the bicep. Mine is most painful if I supinate when doing dumbbell bicep curls and I feel it in the forearm.
I've just ordered TB-500 and BPC 157. I'm hoping for some magic. A bit concerned your two runs didn't do it.
Let us know how you go. I'm interested in which company you sourced from. Follow the protocal: TB500 for 4 weeks, then once a month. BPC 157 for 4 weeks, 1-4 inches from the site of injury. BE VERY CAREFUL where you are injecting the BPC. I know only do it in my shoulder. My biceps can't take the pinning at this time.

I've been dealing with what I'm now assuming is tendinitis for 2 years. I've taken 3 month breaks in between and nothing has helped. It won't heal itself so don't let it get worse

Finally after 2 years I have an ultrasound and MRI scheduled on Thursday
PLEASE let us know what you find out and good luck with both of those. Your follow-up is much appreciated. I've noticed that taking time off can make things worse for me, so I've drastically lowered weight and upped the reps. Also doing physical therapy exercises seems to help.

Cheers, guys!

TooManyGains

TooManyGains

Awards
Just had my MRI, will keep you guys posted