BOXING

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone watch the Pacquiao vs Thurman fight last night?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone watch the Pacquiao vs Thurman fight last night?
Good fight, Paq looked your the first two rounds. Interesting Thurman landed more at a higher % but Paq was more effective. Thurman is a good pro, I think he will make a good run after this.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good fight, Paq looked your the first two rounds. Interesting Thurman landed more at a higher % but Paq was more effective. Thurman is a good pro, I think he will make a good run after this.
Pacquiao really impressed me that he could knock Thurman down and that he actually won the fight at 40 years old.

Thurman was really coming on in the second half of the fight and with a couple more rounds he probably would have won the fight.

Reactions: ax1

LiveStream

Awards
IPL Live Streaming
Vivo IPL Live Streaming 2020 is the mega cricket competition which is expected to start from 23 March 2020 in India. IPL 2020 is said to involve 8 teams. All of these games will be broadcast on official television channels and live cricket sites. But is the question, how to watch IPL 2020 games in India? We have compiled a list of all television channels and live cricket score live television rights for PSL 2020

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Who is your money on???

This is gonna be an awesome fight. The power of Lopez, and the matrix of Lomanchenko.
20201014_042032.jpg

Yall know I'm a Loma fan, this is gonna be a battle!!!

My money is on
20201014_042015.jpg

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just scrolled up and was reading previous posts. Didn't know there were so many NOMASCHENKO fans here. Smart group here 🤑🤑🤑🤑

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn well wasn’t expecting the fight to go the way it did. Lomacheko never got started. Lopez fought the perfect fight and showed solid defense. I think Lomachenko should drop down to 130lbs and dominate there.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn well wasn’t expecting the fight to go the way it did. Lomacheko never got started. Lopez fought the perfect fight and showed solid defense. I think Lomachenko should drop down to 130lbs and dominate there.
i think lomachenko should hang up the gloves and retire, he clearly wasn't the lomachenko of 3 years ago.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i think lomachenko should hang up the gloves and retire, he clearly wasn't the lomachenko of 3 years ago.
Once he goes back and watches that fight he and his camp will see what we saw. They will make adjustments and come back stronger.

Lopez fought an almost flawless fight, if Loma wouldn't have punted the first five rounds its a totally different fight. He pretty much always gives away the first round for measuring up his opponent, but dam he did it for the first five rounds and Lopez took advantage.

Not being in the ring for 18 months, Lopez's youth, and giving away the rounds all played against him for sure.

Was really hard for me to watch for sure.
I think he still got a few good fights left in the tank

Last edited:
ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Once he goes back and watches that fight he and his camp will see what we saw. They will make adjustments and come back stronger.

Lopez fought an almost flawless fight, if Loma wouldn't have punted the first five rounds its a totally different fight. He pretty much always gives away the first round for measuring up his opponent, but dam he did it for the first five rounds and Lopez took advantage.

Not being in the ring for 18 months, Lopez's youth, and giving away the rounds all played against him for sure.

Agree.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

yes, as a big loma fan it was painful to watch that fight...he didn't look all that great against campbell either.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Let's revive this thread. Didn't even know it existed. I grew up in a family that followed boxing. I was born in 73. Saw Rocky II when I was 6 or 7 and was hooked. Started training at a boxing gym when I was 8 and that lasted until I started high school. Team sports, pussy, bodybuilding, etc and I was done with boxing training. Never stopped loving watching it though. 1st batch of favorite fighters from the early 80's were Sal Sanchez, Larry Holmes, Saad Muhamad and Marvin Hagler. Followed Tyson but was never a die hard fan. Then came the 90's where Lennox Lewis, Roy Jones, Marco Antonio Barrera and Shane Mosley were my favorites. Since then though, my favorite fighters have been Chocolatito and GGG. I do appreciate both Manny Pac and Canelo as they have done their part to make the best fights and make boxing great again. I like Anthony Joshua, Artur Beterbiev, Terrence Crawford (who I am so disgusted for as he's being frozen out of any big, meaningful fights. He's flat out being ducked by the PBC), I like Regis Prograis, Josh Taylor, Jose Ramirez all at 140 and all pretty evenly matched. Predicting Taylor beats Ramirez this weekend and gets the Crawford fight by years end. Teofimo Lopez is the goods. Vasily Loma is still great and wish he'd have gotten an immediate rematch with Teo. If he'd have stayed at 126 or 130, he'd probably never lose again til he's 40.

Now, I was never an MMA fan. In fact I hated it. However, about 10 years ago I tuned into a Jon Jones fight and from there it has escalated. This is the fastest evolving sport maybe in the history of sports. It is no longer a glorified tough man contest or a jui jitsu/grappling match. It has become my favorite sport. It is how boxing should be. Best fighting the best over and over. Earn your way to a title shot and get it. Period. No politics. No multiple title bullshit. It delivers every weekend and when they came back early from the pandemic I was truly, truly grateful.

Jake Paul & celebrity boxing.... Jake Paul I predict is going to surprise some people. He's a gym rat. Dedicated to getting better and he is gonna sneak up on someone and make people take notice. Is he ever gonna be a top 10 contender? Almost certainly not. But, he's serious about it and if you talk to pro's who've been in the gym with him, they'll tell you the same. His brother Logan? Fucking joke. Which leads me to Mayweather.

Mayweather I guess is an all time great, but more like a top 25 all time great. He was an all time great at 130 for sure. 135 - he should have lost the 1st Castillo fight. He cleanly won the rematch and defended a couple time before moving to 140 where he beat NOBODY. 147? He waited til all the killers got old, weathered or lost before fighting them. The Manny Pac fight was bullshit. Should have happened 5 years sooner but Floyd waited til Manny slipped. Even then I scored that fight 7-5. Floyd denied letting Manny get a cortisone shot before the fight and then illegally used an IV to rehydrate himself before the fight. His two best wins were at 130 and 135 against Chico Corrales and JL Castillo as both were in their primes and the top guys in the division.

HBO Boxing - Was at one time the best thing for boxing. But, once they got in the business of letting Roy Jones dictate who, when and where he was fighting it went downhill. I say that as the biggest Roy fan ever. I think Roy is the best fighter of my lifetime or at least since Sugar Ray Leonard. What Roy started, Floyd finished. Sad.

Right now Canelo is the lifeline for boxing. I thought he lost the 1st GGG fight and the 2nd could have gone either way but his willingness to fight all comers and move up and down weight is to be respected and commended. Color me now as a fan. Plus, BJ Saunders is a garbage human being and I was glad Canelo smashed his face.

End of my diatribe. I'm just elated to be talking about the fight game again!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looks like fury/wilder 3 needs to happen before september?

Last edited:

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
looks like fury/wilder 3 needs to happen before september?
I'm hearing July 24th. Wilder is a bum. I hope Fury gets him out even quicker this time. Wilder hasn't improved since he 1st won the title by decision against Bermaine Stiverne. Really, when is the last time he won a round without scoring a knock down? Probably better than 5 years now. He's a garbage human being for the slanderous **** he's said about Mark Breland.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm hearing July 24th. Wilder is a bum. I hope Fury gets him out even quicker this time. Wilder hasn't improved since he 1st won the title by decision against Bermaine Stiverne. Really, when is the last time he won a round without scoring a knock down? Probably better than 5 years now. He's a garbage human being for the slanderous **** he's said about Mark Breland.
i really thought wilder had a lot of potential when i 1st saw him fight...you are right very little improvement since the stiverne fight. i think ortiz in his prime would have ko'ed wilder by 7th.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Wilder, he isnt a "talented" boxer but everytime I watch him I just stare because his punches can be deadly at any moment.

Tyson Fury, well I like him better, he is just a far more talented that Wilder and an incredible heart. I dont think any other boxer on the planet could have pulled off that Undertaker Move like he did went Wilder put him down.

Thats all my opinion outside of the politics of sports. I try to block that out when I can, boxing is about showing up in the ring and entertaining the crowd.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i really thought wilder had a lot of potential when i 1st saw him fight...you are right very little improvement since the stiverne fight. i think ortiz in his prime would have ko'ed wilder by 7th.
Ortiz is one hell of a good boxer, he always is enjoyable to watch.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like Wilder, he isnt a "talented" boxer but everytime I watch him I just stare because his punches can be deadly at any moment.

Tyson Fury, well I like him better, he is just a far more talented that Wilder and an incredible heart. I dont think any other boxer on the planet could have pulled off that Undertaker Move like he did went Wilder put him down.

Thats all my opinion outside of the politics of sports. I try to block that out when I can, boxing is about showing up in the ring and entertaining the crowd.
whatcha think, our boy lomackenko done?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whatcha think, our boy lomackenko done?
After that one bad fight absolutely not, but to tell you the truth I totally forgot about him lol

Its been a really strange year

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO I was checking the schedule and June 19th we have on PPV Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Anderson Silva and Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Hector Camacho Jr. on the undercard!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
After that one bad fight absolutely not, but to tell you the truth I totally forgot about him lol

Its been a really strange year
i think he has to many miles on him....i would rather see him retire than not be able to perform at his best which way too many boxers do, imo.

for that one brief flicker in time loma was a human highlight reel.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think he has to many miles on him....i would rather see him retire than not be able to perform at his best which way too many boxers do, imo.

for that one brief flicker in time loma was a human highlight reel.
I think what got him is overchallenging himself and going too far up weight classes. I guess thats what you have to do when you are so dominating your trying to find ways to sure boredom.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LMAO I was checking the schedule and June 19th we have on PPV Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Anderson Silva and Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Hector Camacho Jr. on the undercard!
i hope silva whips jr's ass...but who in their right mind would pay PPV price to watch it????

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think what got him is overchallenging himself and going too far up weight classes. I guess thats what you have to do when you are so dominating your trying to find ways to sure boredom.
would have been really interesting if his pro career had started at a earlier age though-eh?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i hope silva whips jr's ass...
One fight that made me like Jr. was when he fought Sergio Martinez. That was the highlight of his career even though he lost. He had heart for one night.

Sergio Martinez is one of my favorite boxers...did you know he came back last year after retired for 7 years because of the knee surgeries? Im not saying he is great now, but he was always a great watch incorporating soccer into boxing, lol!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
One fight that made me like Jr. was when he fought Sergio Martinez. That was the highlight of his career even though he lost. He had heart for one night.

Sergio Martinez is one of my favorite boxers...did you know he came back last year after retired for 7 years because of the knee surgeries? Im not saying he is great now, but he was always a great watch incorporating soccer into boxing, lol!
never seen any fight that made me think jr isn't a chump. kinda reminds me of a asshole who would sneak up behind someone and sucker punch them.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
There was a time when Jr. went through Andy Lee that I thought and saw some upside. But he came out against Martinez uninspired and still almost finished him in the 12th and we haven't seen that from him since. I think Sergio beat the heart out of him that night. Loved Sergio. He was a hell of a fun fighter to watch.

I know he's making a comeback of sorts but I think the fight to be made on Triller is Sergio Maravilla Martinez vs Oscar DeLahoya. They are both on the back half of their 40's and I think it could sell over a million buys and be both competitive and entertaining.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There was a time when Jr. went through Andy Lee that I thought and saw some upside. But he came out against Martinez uninspired and still almost finished him in the 12th and we haven't seen that from him since. I think Sergio beat the heart out of him that night. Loved Sergio. He was a hell of a fun fighter to watch.

I know he's making a comeback of sorts but I think the fight to be made on Triller is Sergio Maravilla Martinez vs Oscar DeLahoya. They are both on the back half of their 40's and I think it could sell over a million buys and be both competitive and entertaining.
would oscar really be interested in a return to the ring...i know he's made a ton of money with golden boy.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
would oscar really be interested in a return to the ring...i know he's made a ton of money with golden boy.
I just looked into it, he was supposed to fight on July 3 but it was pushed back. Looks like he was looking to box a former UFC fighter. Sounds like another one of those boxers trying to ride the latest exhibition trend.

Not saying this is Oscar's case, but sometimes money can replace the additive nature of glory and fame.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just looked into it, he was supposed to fight on July 3 but it was pushed back. Looks like he was looking to box a former UFC fighter. Sounds like another one of those boxers trying to ride the latest exhibition trend.

Not saying this is Oscar's case, but sometimes money can replace the additive nature of glory and fame.
unless he has squandered a fortune or got beat up in a nasty divorce money should not be a problem for oscar--if he does enter the ring again it would be to relive glory and fame, imo.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
He and GSP (George St. Pierre) were going to box but Dana White being the cunt that he is nixed it as GSP is still under UFC contract.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He and GSP (George St. Pierre) were going to box but Dana White being the cunt that he is nixed it as GSP is still under UFC contract.
you are talking about oscar-right?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are talking about oscar-right?
Thats what I ran into, he was going to fight a MMA guy.

Seems like these are getting popular these days, its Celebrity Boxing...I guess talent is so thin people would rather see people they are familiar with beat each other up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thats what I ran into, he was going to fight a MMA guy.

Seems like these are getting popular these days, its Celebrity Boxing...I guess talent is so thin people would rather see people they are familiar with beat each other up.
anyone but floyd...that guy has to be the #1 most boring boxer of all time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol, he is but Im still watching!
was really hoping manny would deck his ass..floyd was smart though with all the wars manny had been in he just waited till it looked like those wars and age was catching up before he agreed to the fight...this is just my opinion who the hell knows-eh?

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
was really hoping manny would deck his ass..floyd was smart though with all the wars manny had been in he just waited till it looked like those wars and age was catching up before he agreed to the fight...this is just my opinion who the hell knows-eh?
I think Manny would have took him out in 2010. By 2015, Manny had put lots of miles on and had to fight with one arm. I still thought Manny won 5 rounds. My uncle had it 6-6 and one of my cousins had it for Floyd. It wasn't a good fight by any stretch nor did Mayweather run away with it.

If Mayweather's prime had been in the 80's? He be out of the top five at welter weight.

Leonard
Hearns
Duran
Donald Curry
Wilfredo Benitez
Floyd

I'd have him 6th but Marlon Starling and Lloyd Honeyghan would have been problems for Floyd as would have Milton McCrory. Forget about Leonard, Hearns, Duran and Curry. Floyd would not have fought them for anything.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Manny also revealed he had a shoulder injury after the fight....with all the money on the line I think Id keep that to myself as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think Manny would have took him out in 2010. By 2015, Manny had put lots of miles on and had to fight with one arm. I still thought Manny won 5 rounds. My uncle had it 6-6 and one of my cousins had it for Floyd. It wasn't a good fight by any stretch nor did Mayweather run away with it.

If Mayweather's prime had been in the 80's? He be out of the top five at welter weight.

Leonard
Hearns
Duran
Donald Curry
Wilfredo Benitez
Floyd

I'd have him 6th but Marlon Starling and Lloyd Honeyghan would have been problems for Floyd as would have Milton McCrory. Forget about Leonard, Hearns, Duran and Curry. Floyd would not have fought them for anything.
lol...sounds like we are in agreement.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Manny also revealed he had a shoulder injury after the fight....with all the money on the line I think Id keep that to myself as well.
i was really pulling for manny to win, part because i was a manny fan, part because i would have rooted for almost anyone against floyd, part because of my love and admiration for the filipino people....manny is a national treasure for the filipino people.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The commission probably at Floyd's behest denied Manny a cortisone shot prior to the fight. Total fucking pussy move. Especially when it came to light that Floyd illegally used an IV to rehydrate before the fight. I also believe when Floyd retired for a year or two after the Hatton fight that he juiced to the gills because he was getting bullied by Hatton in their fight and all the sudden he comes back as physically strong as anyone in the division. I fucking hate Floyd. He was good enough and capable enough to challenge himself by fighting the best in their primes but he took the dishonorable route and ruined the sport of boxing in the process.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The commission probably at Floyd's behest denied Manny a cortisone shot prior to the fight. Total fucking pussy move. Especially when it came to light that Floyd illegally used an IV to rehydrate before the fight. I also believe when Floyd retired for a year or two after the Hatton fight that he juiced to the gills because he was getting bullied by Hatton in their fight and all the sudden he comes back as physically strong as anyone in the division. I fucking hate Floyd. He was good enough and capable enough to challenge himself by fighting the best in their primes but he took the dishonorable route and ruined the sport of boxing in the process.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence Jr official for August 21 on PPV

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence Jr official for August 21 on PPV
Im watching! Of course, its an older Manny and now he hasnt even fought in 2 years so lets see.....maybe sometimes a layoff can heal the body, but being not so young its always harder to get back in top shape.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is why Manny is an all time great and Floyd isn't. I certainly hope Manny has 1 more great performance left in the tank. I would be foolish to predict a Manny victory but lets say Manny wins. He is seriously in the conversation for GOAT.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mayweather who was already passed his prime took on Canelo at the beginning of his prime. Gotta give him that at least, Canelo is a monster.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mayweather who was already passed his prime took on Canelo at the beginning of his prime. Gotta give him that at least, Canelo is a monster.
I'll give him credit for that win. I'd say that Mayweather was at the tail end of his prime and Canelo was only about to enter his. Prime Floyd vs Prime Canelo? Not really fair as Canelo is too big. Canelo is carrying boxing right now.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll give him credit for that win. I'd say that Mayweather was at the tail end of his prime and Canelo was only about to enter his. Prime Floyd vs Prime Canelo? Not really fair as Canelo is too big. Canelo is carrying boxing right now.
Its hard to say, I remember people thinking Mosley for going to destroy Mayweather and that didnt really end too well after the first couple rounds.

Can we really say Canelo is too big? Well, he was too big and Mayweather fought him and thats that lol

Mayweather is just a great defensive boxer. Dunno if GOAT but he is pretty good.

Who else did he beat? DeLeyoha (past his prime of course,) Cotto, Juan Manual Marquez, Judah, Gatti, a few other solid fighters.

I wish he had more under his belt and in different time periods thats for sure.

I like Manny P. more than Mayweather though. 1 of the few matches of what if it took place when it was supposed to take place.