Boxing and Cycle

M0ller

Awards
Hello!

Im interested in running a cycle for boxing, i want in putting more size on my body, and maybe getting some more punching power. Im currently at 82 kg with 13% and i aint interested in gaining to much weight, maximum 2-3 kg and be lean.

I eat clean, typically boxing diet, with help from coach.

im boxing 5 days a week, and sparring twice. I hit the gym 3 days doing this routine:

TRX workout - 12 reps each 4 rounds 1-2 mins pause between sets
Pikes
Atomic push ups
Squat jumps
Back row
Hamstring curls

Strength workout - 12,10,10,8,6 reps
Pullups
KB front squat
KB reverse squats
Renegade rows

BW Day - 20-15-10-5 reps
Squat jumps
Powerpresses
Bounds
Mountain climbers

Any advice?

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I've seen boxers do this before and I have not once seen it done successfully. Boxing is one of the few sports that are all about natural weight. The people who move up through the weight classes through AAS always make a huge mistake. I've seen it a lot. A guy gains 20ish lbs on AAS and moves up from fighting at 154 class to 175 class. His opponent at 175 is at his natural weight, which means he has been training at that weight for years and is used to it and comfortable at it. 175 natural is always going to be better than 175 on AAS. Just my opinion.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I've seen boxers do this before and I have not once seen it done successfully. Boxing is one of the few sports that are all about natural weight. The people who move up through the weight classes through AAS always make a huge mistake. I've seen it a lot. A guy gains 20ish lbs on AAS and moves up from fighting at 154 class to 175 class. His opponent at 175 is at his natural weight, which means he has been training at that weight for years and is used to it and comfortable at it. 175 natural is always going to be better than 175 on AAS. Just my opinion.
He is not interested in gaining weight

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
He is not interested in gaining weight
He stated he wanted to gain 2-3kg's, meaning 4.5-6.5lbs... I believe his assumption is that the extra muscle will directly lead to increased punching power which isn't always the case...

Personally this is a terrible idea, 6 lean pounds can be achieved easily in 6-8 weeks naturally...

Chasingtails

Awards
Personally this is a terrible idea, 6 lean pounds can be achieved easily in 6-8 weeks naturally...
Whatttttt? Unless we are talking about noob gains, what program and diet packs on a pound of lean mass a week? What am I missing?

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
He stated he wanted to gain 2-3kg's, meaning 4.5-6.5lbs... I believe his assumption is that the extra muscle will directly lead to increased punching power which isn't always the case...

I would personally do something that improves Cardio...maybe Lance Armstrong Style...or whatever he took. Lol

K3flex

K3flex

Awards
Isn't turnibol 'the athletes drug' ? I think I've read about anavar helping cardiovascular as well right?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't turnibol 'the athletes drug' ? I think I've read about anavar helping cardiovascular as well right?
Anavar is great for cardio... Also promotes collagen synthesis so its good on joints. Stuff is amazing.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Whatttttt? Unless we are talking about noob gains, what program and diet packs on a pound of lean mass a week? What am I missing?
With his body type and from experience with helping others it is not far fetched... However I'm very ocd once I'm tunneled in to my goal and take things to the extreme

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You wouldn't want to use anything to bulk.
You'll get tuned up.
You wanna use something to boost cardio or cut down a weightclass