Unanswered Booty tips ladies and dudes who know their ****

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Probably a very dumb question due to myself already partially knowing the answer. Everyone’s body is different and macros help determine my question too. Any advice on keeping a little bit lean especially on the stomach area while growing your glutes. I’m not into all these instafit accounts advice because most of it is terrible advice or editing so anyone have any tips or advice? Eating in a surplus and lifting heavy I understand but any specifics or tips for faster growth? Anything helps thank you!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Glute bridges with and without weight, isomeric holds and deep Bulgarian split squats worked for me. Also banded work like side shuffles etc

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Glute bridges with and without weight, isomeric holds and deep Bulgarian split squats worked for me. Also banded work like side shuffles etc
Body weight movements help alone or should these be before/after weights. Was thinking of doing them at home too didn’t know if I needed those types of workouts to warm up before weights. Any type of rep range or just until nothings left in the tank per set? Incorporating cardio 3-4x per week at 30 mins + abs 4-5x per week with a surplus of 200 cal from maintenance cals would this ruin my booty gains or could it help keep the leanness and gains. I know it’s a hard questions I just want a fat ass with a more flat stomach as we all do hahah

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Body weight movements help alone or should these be before/after weights. Was thinking of doing them at home too didn’t know if I needed those types of workouts to warm up before weights. Any type of rep range or just until nothings left in the tank per set? Incorporating cardio 3-4x per week at 30 mins + abs 4-5x per week with a surplus of 200 cal from maintenance cals would this ruin my booty gains or could it help keep the leanness and gains. I know it’s a hard questions I just want a fat ass with a more flat stomach as we all do hahah
I did some of this **** as my warm up on leg days lol. Like the glue bridge with BW. I’d do hip thrusts after my squats as well. Muscle will grow under adaptation and given the nutrients too. I can tell you that I have my athletes ONLY do banded Shuffle walks/monster walks with a band below the knees and one at the ankles, and some of them have asses so big it’s insane. But that’s what they need for their sport so they can generate power etc. Granted they squat 500 too but still. Like rock hard according to them lol. Also a big ass generally helps support the ACL so that’s why I focused on it a lot because external rotation and Abduction of the hip will help reduce acl injuries from cutting , stopping etc

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Atg squats, lunges but you gotta drive back up with your heel, same for split squat. Goblet squat. Stiffleg deadlift squeeze at the top. And all the other typical stuff. Girls who already have that genetically great ass can probably just squat low and nature takes care of the rest.

I'm shocked how many girls do the endless stairs machine thinking it's a ass workout. I find it's all quads

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Regular Squats. At least for me have built my glutes. And I have recieved compliments. I don't don't do any glute isolation. Well performed squats, being mindful of the glutes and hips, will shape it well.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The hip circle/bands are a great add to most of the exercises already suggested! They help hit the minimus (that often is under trained) I know as I’ve been rehabbing my hip- they have helped me tremendously! ...kneeling squats, hip thrusts, and Glute bridges are all great ones that you can really load up the weight. Cable kickbacks, Banded walks/squat walks are more you can hit from various angles. It’s good to mix the heavy training with some lighter work as well... Throwing in a few light iso exercises on days you’re training other body parts is good too!

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO the best glute and also the best outer quad builder is leg press. Other than me already having a large ass, which I inherited from my mother who’s half black. Nothing even comes close to these exercises. When building glutes, all that extra **** ladies do with the cables and leg movements unnecessary. Lunges, unnecessary. Leg press. My ass is always sore after a good leg press session. Squats are a **** muscle builder imo. I only squat cause I like to at least keep the functionality of it.

Harishusain

Harishusain

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Regular Squats. At least for me have built my glutes. And I have recieved compliments. I don't don't do any glute isolation. Well performed squats, being mindful of the glutes and hips, will shape it well.
This. I never do any glute isolation but I've got a bangin' behind haha (or so the wife to be tells me).

Higher foot placement on the leg-press will also cause more glute activation. If you're going to do isolation I'd recommend burning out the glutes with the movements people have suggested in here right after hitting your deads and squats. And yes, do them with weight if you can handle it.

Whenever I want to bring up a lagging body part I'll employ a couple of exercises I can really FEEL working the muscle (don't need to overdo it on the exercise selection), and I'll hit it with various weights and rep ranges. Play around with foot placement and vary tempos too. That peach will grow in no time.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Weighted hyperextensions. Focus on squeezing your glutes together when raising up. Keep reps in the 10-15 range. Add a drop set on your last set. You can do a few set of these before squats to prestige the glutes a bit.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stiff leg deadlifts and hack squats made mine explode. I get mad complaints from woman on my ass size - I’m also half Puerto Rican so always had some ass lol

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably a very dumb question due to myself already partially knowing the answer. Everyone’s body is different and macros help determine my question too. Any advice on keeping a little bit lean especially on the stomach area while growing your glutes. I’m not into all these instafit accounts advice because most of it is terrible advice or editing so anyone have any tips or advice? Eating in a surplus and lifting heavy I understand but any specifics or tips for faster growth? Anything helps thank you!
Not really about macros at all. Staying lean is yes, relative to the individual. As is growing muscle, where and how. Eating in surplus is not necessary to gain, nor is really lifting heavier. Same as re leaning, eating is more to the individual and about what and when - for example, some people DO better with the small meals every few hours and some better with only one or two meals a day. With lifting, some do better with varied sessions and some with more traditional ones. All about the rest of your goals as well. Sounds more like you want a recomp though, and this is going to be determined by what you do OUTside of the gym as well as IN it. Anyone who has known me here from days past knows I am not one to advocate dieting, etc., since generally eat what want when want, and was definitely not a typical trainee with lifting. And as having now gone almost two years with little to NO lifting whatsoever, even training (more because of circumstance and injuries, but also living more "like a normal person" if that could ever be possible re what "normal" people do - and also, sorry veering off track, but do want to point out that people who make excuses as to why they cannot achieve their fitness goals ARE just making excuses), learning your body makes all the difference. Apologies for the off-track, but... Focusing your lower body day as the FIRST training day would be the first suggestion - start out with squats, variations of, and do not limit your weights to lifting heavy or traditionally. I recommend sticking to the basics for that day, then adding in things on other days, such as a few plyometrics, or even using some sprints for your warm-up (does not have to be much), especially if done on a BIKE (I used to be a cyclist and never had to do much re growth for lower body, likely because of, but also since ate so much-another story and no more "veering"). On other days, maybe throw an exercise in at the start for lower body, more multijoint and compound as well like lunges, and not staying with barbells but using dumbbells and different hand positioning, etc., so you really do target all areas and angles, but especially making more effective. You do not have to spend hours and hours either and sometimes the 20-40 min sessions are the best. Keeping the middle section "leaner" is more about being leaner too. I know I have rambled more than anything I feel here, but the key to take away is experiment a little re you and knowing how your body responds to certain things. Not always eating in a surplus - for example, the day you do lower body, sure, and probably the best day to have your highest calories or close to, or a "cheat" day (not an advocate of what people call these, since to most, the way I eat is always so, smh), then varying throughout the week. Sometimes having your "recovery" days as doing some sprints - less is more - can help too, since working lower body and making those groups "fire"...