Bodybuilding after 35yo

zigzagzig

Awards
Did any one here to start a serious mass building program after the age of 35? Not necessarily to compete, but as personal fitness goal hobby.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No but I’ve lifted on and off from 18 to 41. I’ve have taken a year off at a time and months lots of times. If you’ve never really trained your body doesn’t have much wear and tear. So you should train the same as any age new to the gym. You will still have newbie gains just like a 20 year old.

zigzagzig

Awards
I've been training consistently for the last 5 years. I've done one standard Test E cycle last year. Now, I'm 37yo, at 195lbs, 5'11", 15%bf. I'm considering doing a second one as I got good results and I was able to keep almost of it. I was just hoping there were other guys at my age that have been to a similar path so that we could share some knowledge.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm turning 35 in March and going balls out on a get big cycle. Will be the first time im going to make a attempt at pure size so il let you know what happens

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm turning 35 in March and going balls out on a get big cycle. Will be the first time im going to make a attempt at pure size so il let you know what happens
Cycle won't start till mid march

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Balls out? Count me in!

zigzagzig

Awards
Cycle won't start till mid march
Thanks, I'm considering a Test E + Deca + Dbol for 16 weeks. My goal for the year is to reach 220 at same bf. I won't start it until March.

At my age, I'm trying to avoid maxing out weight while training and I'm focusing on volume to avoid injuries.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
I've been training consistently for the last 5 years. I've done one standard Test E cycle last year. Now, I'm 37yo, at 195lbs, 5'11", 15%bf. I'm considering doing a second one as I got good results and I was able to keep almost of it. I was just hoping there were other guys at my age that have been to a similar path so that we could share some knowledge.

You and I are very similar in age and stats. I turn 35 in February, 6' 195lbs and 17%bf. I also have similar goals to you, although mine is 216 at 8.5% (long term final goal! just wanna get to 210 at 12% first.)

Big difference is I have been on legit Dr-prescribed TRT since I was 29. I would never ever go back to natty even if my test levels said I could. It is just so awesome not to have to worry about PCT at all, don't have to worry about losing my gains...I would HIGHLY recommend looking into just getting on test permanently. You will feel 10x better than you do now, I guarantee it.

As for my next cycle, I am also going to run test and deca for 16 weeks, however I am going to use Superdrol as my oral. It blows dbol out of the water. I will never ever take dbol or anadrol since I have a great source for SD. I'd highly recommend SD over dbol - it's just better all the way around. I am gonna go with 300mg test and 150mg deca e3d. This will give me an effective dose of 525mg/week of test (when accounting for ester weight) and about half that of Deca. I will also be running 20mg superdrol for the first 4 weeks, and 10mg superdrol for the last 6 weeks.

I expect phenomenal results from this cycle. I have run it before and it permanently changed my body composition. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks, I'm considering a Test E + Deca + Dbol for 16 weeks. My goal for the year is to reach 220 at same bf. I won't start it until March.

At my age, I'm trying to avoid maxing out weight while training and I'm focusing on volume to avoid injuries.
Tried tested and true. It's a great combo for size. My last run in with transdermal trest left me estrogen sensitive in the nipples if I go too high on test so I'm nervous to run low test with deca. I'm leaning towards test 500 eq 500 for 15 weeks and a superdrol kickstart

zigzagzig

Awards
You and I are very similar in age and stats. I turn 35 in February, 6' 195lbs and 17%bf. I also have similar goals to you, although mine is 216 at 8.5% (long term final goal! just wanna get to 210 at 12% first.)

Big difference is I have been on legit Dr-prescribed TRT since I was 29. I would never ever go back to natty even if my test levels said I could. It is just so awesome not to have to worry about PCT at all, don't have to worry about losing my gains...I would HIGHLY recommend looking into just getting on test permanently. You will feel 10x better than you do now, I guarantee it.

As for my next cycle, I am also going to run test and deca for 16 weeks, however I am going to use Superdrol as my oral. It blows dbol out of the water. I will never ever take dbol or anadrol since I have a great source for SD. I'd highly recommend SD over dbol - it's just better all the way around. I am gonna go with 300mg test and 150mg deca e3d. This will give me an effective dose of 525mg/week of test (when accounting for ester weight) and about half that of Deca. I will also be running 20mg superdrol for the first 4 weeks, and 10mg superdrol for the last 6 weeks.

I expect phenomenal results from this cycle. I have run it before and it permanently changed my body composition. Feel free to ask me any questions!
Yeah, our long term goals are similar. How much are you taking on TRT? Is it Test C? I have a doctor that proposed that to me but I'm postponing it. I guess it would be better for bodybuilding purposes but I'm concerned about having kids. Also, how does a continuous TRT affect the lipids?

I've just got the results from a recent blood test. My first cycle ended two months ago and my total test is at 1200ng/dL, free test at 45ng/dL and estradiol at 38pg/mL. These are the only numbers out of the expected range and I'm not sure if I should wait them to reach normal levels before jumping in a second one.

I'll definitely look for SD in place of dBol. What are the benefits of this switch?

zigzagzig

Awards
Tried tested and true. It's a great combo for size. My last run in with transdermal trest left me estrogen sensitive in the nipples if I go too high on test so I'm nervous to run low test with deca. I'm leaning towards test 500 eq 500 for 15 weeks and a superdrol kickstart
Do you consider all these cycles as bulking ones? I was able to pack a lot of size on my first, but surely some of it was fluid retention. A Test + Deca is also a bulking cycle, so that I'm worried to get too bloated instead of focusing on denser muscles with more definition. I've read about cycles that have phase cycling, that is, they start as a bulk, then they progress to body recomp. Not sure if it is suitable for me at this point, but the idea makes sense.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, our long term goals are similar. How much are you taking on TRT? Is it Test C? I have a doctor that proposed that to me but I'm postponing it. I guess it would be better for bodybuilding purposes but I'm concerned about having kids. Also, how does a continuous TRT affect the lipids?

I've just got the results from a recent blood test. My first cycle ended two months ago and my total test is at 1200ng/dL, free test at 45ng/dL and estradiol at 38pg/mL. These are the only numbers out of the expected range and I'm not sure if I should wait them to reach normal levels before jumping in a second one.

I'll definitely look for SD in place of dBol. What are the benefits of this switch?
Totally understand where you're coming from on the kids. However, testosterone is not an effective male birth control. Even if that is a concern, you can come off trt and with clomid and hcg get your little guys swimming again (if they ever stopped in the first place).

Lipid wise it hasn't had any negative effects at all. All of my blood work is in normal range.

I am prescribed 250mg Test C every 7 days. I started out at 120mg week and was titrated up. My levels natty were at 244 (and that was the higher test, my first blood test I was at 176). Now I'm around 1200-1250. TRT has been such a blessing.

SD is amazing. So much better than dianabol. It gives you more mass and more strength, and the gains are dry. It makes you much more vascular and can be utilized in a bulk, cut, or recomp at various dosages. And it's especially beneficial if you're not on trt, because while some of your gains will be due to massively increased nitrogen and glycogen retention, most of them will be lean muscle and you can keep more. It's hard to find but definitely available - I just got some and it's legit. It's really not that expensive either. I've got a ton of experience with superdrol, feel free to shoot me a message and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have on it.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you consider all these cycles as bulking ones? I was able to pack a lot of size on my first, but surely some of it was fluid retention. A Test + Deca is also a bulking cycle, so that I'm worried to get too bloated instead of focusing on denser muscles with more definition. I've read about cycles that have phase cycling, that is, they start as a bulk, then they progress to body recomp. Not sure if it is suitable for me at this point, but the idea makes sense.
In all honesty you can bulk or cut on anything. I've seen a guy do contest prep on test and dbol because it's what they had and they got shredded. What your eating is going to make the real difference

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty you can bulk or cut on anything. I've seen a guy do contest prep on test and dbol because it's what they had and they got shredded. What your eating is going to make the real difference
I mostly agree with this. Yes, certain things are more predisposed to build mass - Superdrol, Anadrol, dbol - but you could still use these on a cut, or a recomp. SD especially. Totally depends on diet.

Although I think it might be hard to get big gains in terms of mass with things like winstrol or Anavar. So maybe it's more that so called "bulking" steroids can be utilized on any of the three?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I mostly agree with this. Yes, certain things are more predisposed to build mass - Superdrol, Anadrol, dbol - but you could still use these on a cut, or a recomp. SD especially. Totally depends on diet.

Although I think it might be hard to get big gains in terms of mass with things like winstrol or Anavar. So maybe it's more that so called "bulking" steroids can be utilized on any of the three?
If you get real pharma anavar at 50mg a day with some test you can build plenty of muscle, winny at 100mg will build some serious muscle but you will probably feel like crap at that dose.

Superdrol is great for everything. No matter what your doing superdrol helps with maybe the exception of low carbs and keto. Sd loves carbs