Body fat estimate?

K561r

K561r

Awards
Looking for a rough estimate to see where I'm at currently after 6 weeks on halo and a jump in weight from 160lbs to 172lbs..

image-531392092.jpg

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub-Q Water ways makes this tough to know for sure but I's say between 11.5 -13%.

K561r

K561r

Awards
Sub-Q Water ways makes this tough to know for sure but I's say between 11.5 -13%.
thanks man, was at 18% 2 months ago so that's good to hear.. Any tips on reducing water retention? I know low sodium helps and just started 2 pumps e.d. Of formeron. I'm sure creatine makes it worse right?

Akol

Awards
I'd say your at about 12-13%. Drink 1-2 gallons of water a day and keep the sodium intake lower to get rid of the majority of water weight.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Ya I agree around the 12% range give or take a few percentage points.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thanks man, was at 18% 2 months ago so that's good to hear.. Any tips on reducing water retention? I know low sodium helps and just started 2 pumps e.d. Of formeron. I'm sure creatine makes it worse right?
creatine has nothing to do with this.

K561r

K561r

Awards
Ok thanks guys, Im going to get in the "BodPod" at my gym at 3:00 today so I should have a definite answer.

Interested to see the exact number and I will let yall know my results.

K561r

K561r

Awards
creatine has nothing to do with this.
Really? I always thought it made a difference.

I was under the impression that creatine increased water retention and sometimes caused bloating.

I guess you learn something new every day on AM forums haha.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not sure why people think creatine itself causes bloating. It causes intracellular hydration and glycogen uptake, which fills the muscles out in a similar and perhaps less pronounced way that steroids do.

If creatine powder is causing extracellular bloat, its due to something else being mixed with the creatine.

K561r

K561r

Awards
I'm not sure why people think creatine itself causes bloating. It causes intracellular hydration and glycogen uptake, which fills the muscles out in a similar and perhaps less pronounced way that steroids do. If creatine powder is causing extracellular bloat, its due to something else being mixed with the creatine.
true. Well I'm pretty bummed, bodpod today said I'm at 18.7%....At least I dropped 5lbs of body fat and gained 7lbs of lean muscle since January.

What would you say is the best way to drop some body fat without losing muscle... I want to incorporate cardio without losing gains (and I'm currently 1 week into PCT).

Should I just keep eating the same amount of calories, lift the same and add 20-30 min of HIIT cardio 3x/week after training?

I really don't want to lose any strength but could lose some lower belly/lower back body fat. It would be awesome to be down to 12-10%...

Any advice is appreciated.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
true. Well I'm pretty bummed, bodpod today said I'm at 18.7%....At least I dropped 5lbs of body fat and gained 7lbs of lean muscle since January. What would you say is the best way to drop some body fat without losing muscle... I want to incorporate cardio without losing gains (and I'm currently 1 week into PCT). Should I just keep eating the same amount of calories, lift the same and add 20-30 min of HIIT cardio 3x/week after training? I really don't want to lose any strength but could lose some lower belly/lower back body fat. It would be awesome to be down to 12-10%... Any advice is appreciated.
Done be bummed almost everyone guesses their BF is lower than it actually is

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
true. Well I'm pretty bummed, bodpod today said I'm at 18.7%....At least I dropped 5lbs of body fat and gained 7lbs of lean muscle since January. What would you say is the best way to drop some body fat without losing muscle... I want to incorporate cardio without losing gains (and I'm currently 1 week into PCT). Should I just keep eating the same amount of calories, lift the same and add 20-30 min of HIIT cardio 3x/week after training? I really don't want to lose any strength but could lose some lower belly/lower back body fat. It would be awesome to be down to 12-10%... Any advice is appreciated.
DO NOT START CUTTING IN PCT! Just keep eating how you were eating when you were "on"!

K561r

K561r

Awards
DO NOT START CUTTING IN PCT! Just keep eating how you were eating when you were "on"!
haha yes I've heard never to cut in PCT.. I was definitely not going to reduce caloric intake.. Yet..

But would it hurt my gains to start doing 20 min of HIIT cardio after lifting a couple days a week?

If not, when is it advisable (how long after PCT) to begin to maybe have a few days per week where I maybe have a caloric deficit and focus on cardio?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha yes I've heard never to cut in PCT.. I was definitely not going to reduce caloric intake.. Yet..

But would it hurt my gains to start doing 20 min of HIIT cardio after lifting a couple days a week?

If not, when is it advisable (how long after PCT) to begin to maybe have a few days per week where I maybe have a caloric deficit and focus on cardio?
Its hard to cut without losing muscle unless u take some sort of PED. I actually recommend it. But, if I were trying to lose fat I wouldnt start with cardio, although it aint a bad idea.

I'd take peptides like GHRP/GHRH and a fat burner that doesnt effect appetite negatively like Albuterol.

HIIT cardio EARLY AM fasted. Drink only BCAA's or something similar for another hour or two afterwards then start munching around mid morning. Get at least 10g EAA's (essential amino acids) every 3 hrs or so.

Start this way, do it for two weeks. Sprints early AM for the first two weeks, maybe 4 times per week. Make em count. After a few weeks of doing this, cut carbs in the evening, but not calories. Keep eating lots of food, just eat ur carbs mid morning to mid afternoon (or up to whenever u train) then reduce/avoid carbs after the workout, focusing on protein and healthy fats only.

Sounds counterproductive to mainstream dieting, I know. This is also why it people dont know about its effectiveness. It has worked well for me.
I've gone from 14% down to about 11% in 6 weeks and I havent done a single bit of cardio yet. I hold cardio out to get peeled. Save the best cards for last.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
haha yes I've heard never to cut in PCT.. I was definitely not going to reduce caloric intake.. Yet.. But would it hurt my gains to start doing 20 min of HIIT cardio after lifting a couple days a week? If not, when is it advisable (how long after PCT) to begin to maybe have a few days per week where I maybe have a caloric deficit and focus on cardio?
Listen to fueledpassion; he knows his stuff!

K561r

K561r

Awards
Its hard to cut without losing muscle unless u take some sort of PED. I actually recommend it. But, if I were trying to lose fat I wouldnt start with cardio, although it aint a bad idea. I'd take peptides like GHRP/GHRH and a fat burner that doesnt effect appetite negatively like Albuterol. HIIT cardio EARLY AM fasted. Drink only BCAA's or something similar for another hour or two afterwards then start munching around mid morning. Get at least 10g EAA's (essential amino acids) every 3 hrs or so. Start this way, do it for two weeks. Sprints early AM for the first two weeks, maybe 4 times per week. Make em count. After a few weeks of doing this, cut carbs in the evening, but not calories. Keep eating lots of food, just eat ur carbs mid morning to mid afternoon (or up to whenever u train) then reduce/avoid carbs after the workout, focusing on protein and healthy fats only. Sounds counterproductive to mainstream dieting, I know. This is also why it people dont know about its effectiveness. It has worked well for me. I've gone from 14% down to about 11% in 6 weeks and I havent done a single bit of cardio yet. I hold cardio out to get peeled. Save the best cards for last.
thank you!! Exactly what I was looking for, advice from someone with experience doing gnarly cuts while maintaining muscle. Thanks x10000 bro!

sam805

Awards
Sounds like Dats CPWO protocol. Carb less post work out...

sam805

Awards
fueled would you be so kind to post one of your sprinting routines? And maybe a routine for a beginner to intermediate(sprinter) not a beginner lifter...

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fueled would you be so kind to post one of your sprinting routines? And maybe a routine for a beginner to intermediate(sprinter) not a beginner lifter...
Basically a modified Tabata method. Instead of 20 seconds sprinting 10 seconds rest, a one to one ratio is better, start by doing 5 intervals of this the first week. Bump to 7 the second week. And so on and so forth. Or u can add time to ur sprint or take away time on ur rest, any combo will keep the body guessing.

So:

Sprint 15 seonds
Walk 15 seconds
Repeat 5 times, do this several mornings per wk

Week two:
Same as week one but 7 intervals

Week three:
20 second sprints
20 second walk
5 times

Week four:
Same as week three but 7 intervals

Week 5:
20 second sprints
10 second walk
5 times

And so on...

David147

Awards
Actually the LOW end of a normal body fat percentage is in the low 20s. So you are actually on the low end of normal. It will probably go down a bit as you gain muscle mass also.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 8
GrizzleB Weight Loss 43
Bigmatt57 Weight Loss 0
NattyBeast Weight Loss 9