Bodock attempts to get some MAN sleep with REM PM

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to MustangManGT and M.A.N. for this opportunity to log REM PM!

Like I said in the application thread I have a chronic sleep problem of getting to sleep and staying asleep.
I usually wake up almost every hour and have trouble fall back to sleep.
I am 36 years old, 5’10” 180 lbs, 13% BF.

I am currently bulking, have gone up from 165 to 180 within the last two months.
I am taking multi-vit, fish oil, and creatine along with plenty of food and protein shakes.

I received my package Saturday, December 1st. It was 10 sample packs of 2 capsules each.
The directions said to take 1-2 caps 30 minutes prior to bed time. I decided to take my first dose on Sunday night, Dec 2nd. I took only one cap to see how it was going to affect me.

I started to feel a little drowsy about 20 minutes after taking it. I had no trouble at all getting to sleep.
But, about an hour later I woke up, and woke up about four more times throughout the night.
Had to get up to urinate two times last night, but it was a small amount both times.
I felt a little groggy upon waking this morning, but after getting up and taking a shower I felt better and had no problems. I feel good today, in a good mood and not too tired.

I will try the 2 capsule dosing tonight to see if it keeps me asleep any better.

REM P.M. Supplement Facts
Serving Size: -2 Capsule
Servings per Container: 30

R.E.M.--PM™ Opti-Blend 430mg
Valeriana Officinalis Root Extract, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA), L-Tryptophan Ethyl Ester, L-Carnitine, Green Tea (98% polyphenols, 50% EGCG), Phosphatidyl-serine, Ginkgo Biloba, 5-Hydroxytryptophan, L-Alpha-Glycerylphosphorycholine, Melatonin.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Rice Flour, Gelatin (Capsule), Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate.

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, 12/4/12

I took the two cap dose 30 minutes prior to bed time. Again the drowsiness started to kick in around 20 minutes after dosing.

I got to sleep easily within 5-10 mins. But I pretty much had a repeat of the previous night. I awoke 3-4 times during the night. I was able to get back to sleep fairly easily and was quite groggy when I had to get up to visit the restroom.

I had a hard time getting going this morning; I really didn’t want to get out of the bed. But once I got ready for work I felt fine and my mood and energy are great so far today.

I had my usual protein shake 1 hour prior to bedtime, I’m beginning to wonder if this is affecting my sleep.
Maybe I will try having the shake earlier tonight.

Hoping this will build up in my system, I would like to sleep through the night without getting up.
I know at my age it is more common to have to go pee at least once during the night, but I can always hope right?

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, 12/5/12

Sticking with the 2 cap dosage 30 minutes prior to bed. I had my protein shake earlier this time and limited my water intake after supper. I will just have to drink more water throughout the day instead.

Went to bed at 10 PM.
This time I really didn’t feel anything until after I was lying down. I was beginning to wonder if it was going to work.
But, I slept the night through like a rock! I only woke up once around 4 AM to go to the restroom.

It was a little harder than usual to get awake this morning and the grogginess hung around even after my shower.
But after my morning coffee I am good to go! I feel great and it’s going to be a good day!

I believe this stuff is only going to get better! :thumbsup:

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Thursdayday, 12/6/12

Took 2 caps 30 minutes prior to bed again and also had my protein shake and a chicken breast about an hour before bed

Started to feel very dowzy 20 mins after taking the pills :24:

Went to bed at 10:30 PM.
Crashed out hard this time as soon as my head hit the burlap sack I use as a pillow.
I slept all the way through the night and didn’t even get up to go pee, I just peed the bed, (JK) LOL:laughing:

Woke up at 6:15 AM
I still had trouble again waking up and the grogginess seemed to hang around untill mid morning.

I think tonight I may go back to the one cap dose and see how that does.

Yep!

6069_hass070506.jpg

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Friday 12/7/12

I decided to go ahead and do the 2 cap dose last night since I had today off from work and wanted to sleep in a little.

It has stayed consistent with taking affect 20-30 mins after dosing each time.

I went right on to sleep with no problems at all. But for reasons unknown I woke up a couple times through the night.
I was able to get back to sleep pretty easy not sure why I kept waking up

I ended up sleeping about an hour extra this morning, it was nice not to have to rush off to work.

I was not groggy this morning and I have felt nice and rested today and in a good mood.

Spent the day riding my 4-wheeler and catching up on Sons of Anarchy :)

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Saturday 12/8/12

Took the two cap dose again. This stuff really helps me get to sleep. I am literally out cold within 5 minutes after getting in bed.

I am still waking up a few times through out the night, but I don't have any trouble getting back to sleep.

I was pretty groggy for a while after I got up Saturday morning.

Sunday 12/9/12

Pretty much the same thing for Sunday. 2 caps again Saturday night. It's weird when I wake up in the night I am very very groggy.
It's like my body is asleep but my mind wakes me up.

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Over the last few nights I have been using one capsule 30 minutes prior to bed.

I have been falling asleep very easily this whole run. However I still awake 2-3 times during the night.
Most often I will wake up look at the clock and fall right back to sleep.
It’s like my mind is programmed to do that, maybe it is to keep me safe from zombies.

I find that the one cap dose fits better for me and I am not having the lingering grogginess like I did with 2 caps.