BLR Follidrone Transformation Challenge!!!!!*****

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to order a pair of Hylete shorts but after seeing this I'll wait! HERC sounds good. No Velcro fly area I hope. Flap on the pocket with Velcro?
Ive also never even seen Hylete before. Cool stuff. Similar to what the first pair of the HERC shorts will be like.
Pocket likely on the side.
Invisible so not a fold over. Either the little zip like they use on the one pair or no zip just tight pocket entrance.
I dont like the external pocket look. Its cleaner with it on the inside and it doesnt catch my headphones and rip them off when I have 120s in my hands trying to get pumped up by my music.

We also have the ties on the inside. I dont want loops hanging down from my waist. Things catch on it. Perhaps not all the time but again...it only takes one time for something to rip off my headphones or catch the loop on my shorts in order for me to be pissed and dislike the shorts.
So I have eliminated or moved all those things.

I also like the RYU shorts. They are VERY tight in the waist though so they dont get ripped off when grappling.
While we wont likely be grappling I still like the waist fitting snug so we use some tech there to ensure they stay on well without being uncomfortable.

We are using moisture wicking tech and some pretty cool fabrics.
Also our patterns are different. They way the shorts are built makes a huge difference when it comes to squatting down for example.
THe shorts need to be extra grippy in certain areas and very loose in others while not looking like either a pair of spandex bike shorts or a long legged diaper.

Ive gone through 12 pairs so far making alterations and shifting things around.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good so far. The waist needs to be adjustable enough to allow for a bulk and then subsequent cut. A boxers wide waist would be great.

Hylete has their 1.0 and now the 2.0 shorts. If you notice the 2.0 shorts removed Velcro. We really don't need a fly opening, right?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go back and forth about this. The opening.
There are times when it is nice to have the flap. Like pissing at the gym.
I see how they just used basically basketball shorts waistline with the faux flap.

Ill mill it over and ask a few more people what they think..
Also my shorts are not at tight in the legs as theirs.
Even in the pictures you can tell they are relatively tight in the quad area which is bad for bodybuilders.
Crossfit guys might be able to get away with it but a serious bodybuilder would split those legs open.

Mine have more panels.

I also dont want them to be super long. This isnt the 80s
Clam diggers/ loose capri pants are out lol.
Functionally above the knee is better in every possible way. Never any possibility of resistance.

Im gonna do this first batch in black and grey most likely with the HERC embroidered on the front flap and maybe on the side or front of leg.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
How would you do the fly? The ones i have currently do have velcro. It has a multi part system with a flap and internal ties. Zippers and buttons are a pain. Im open to suggestions though as im designing a whole line of gear. Im adding 1 pocket to this version.

Look at nice Hurley/west coast board shorts without Velcro. Velcro sucks especially if it gets wet. Lots of other options out there but Velcro def sucks

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Also stay away from putting a bunch of **** on them. No affliction or American fighter type crap. No skulls, big letters, or any sort of crosses or tribal prints or patterns.

Clean, simple, functional.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Also I forgot to mention to all you competitors. Utilize every tool at your disposal. -Carb deplete and load. -Sodium. -Water. -Dandelion and caffeine as diuretics. -High dose Formeron for a week to crush estrogen and reduce water retention. -Shave....You dont see any guys on stage all hairy. They are shaven clean. There is a reason for this. Do yourself a favor and shave for your pictures. -TAN- You know how everyone on the BB stage is dark and tan. Part of this is because they lights are so bright but the tan really brings out the definition. Doing these things can make the difference between winning and 3-4th or worse. Even if you have already taken your final pics....You have until the 15th to post your final pictures. Do these things^^^ I promise..it makes a whole world of difference.
Do our final pics have to contain a newspaper to prove its been eight weeks? Give or take a day!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do our final pics have to contain a newspaper to prove its been eight weeks? Give or take a day!
It needs to show it was after the start date. I dont care if its 7 weeks or 9. but....Yes. Otherwise you can post pics from years ago.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also stay away from putting a bunch of **** on them. No affliction or American fighter type crap. No skulls, big letters, or any sort of crosses or tribal prints or patterns.

Clean, simple, functional.
THere will NEVER be a bunch of loud flashy crap all over it.
I was thinking just HERC on the front flap and maybe just maybe another small logo on the leg somewhere. I mean like 1-2 inch.

With regards to the velcro. I do agree velcro can suck.

What other options do you like?
Post some examples.

I like the hylete idea.
I just cant be zip and button.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
It needs to show it was after the start date. I dont care if its 7 weeks or 9. but....Yes. Otherwise you can post pics from years ago.
Ok....so let me get this straight! I took my before pic July 7th, and started July 8th! Do i take my final pics on september 3rd or 4th (thats eight weeks give or take a day), or can i wait until September 15 to take my final pics even though its like an extra week?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can take it anytime you like now.
Just so long as its past 8 weeks.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For velcro we have pairs with the triple flap

MadflexFrontClosure2small.jpg

Im certainly open to suggestion though.
I dont like the scrunchy looking elastic so thats out.
I dont want zip and button.
Could always use a certain material I was considering anyways. Its very stretchy and serves multiple purposes. I could then put the drawstring on the inside and mask it the way hylete does on the one pair
Hylete_Comp_Shorts_Waist_Interior.JPG

Either way Im gonna try to begin manufacturing for retail sales in about a month.

Im placing the final order for the first version tonight.
They are super sick.

Ill continue to work on the next design.

I think Im gonna set the pocket on the side and back as planned.
Instead of just open slit though Im gonna use a small zipper and include a metal gusset/ metal ring so your Ipod of Phone can be safely tucked out of the way and your headphones will just simply pass through the little hole. Nice and clean.

What do you guys think?
Most of you use playlists? Or will having it setup like this in the pocket with the phones through the hole make it difficult ot operate the ipod?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those are a different companies.
Its an example of the waist.

Im trying to decide of this first run I should use an active velcro closure which is already present in the design template I drew out and we have been testing.
Or
Change the top to be a non functioning waist. Like in the pic. Like basketball shorts.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also I forgot to mention to all you competitors.

Utilize every tool at your disposal.

-Carb deplete and load.

-Sodium.

-Water.

-Dandelion and caffeine as diuretics.

-High dose Formeron for a week to crush estrogen and reduce water retention.

-Shave....You dont see any guys on stage all hairy. They are shaven clean. There is a reason for this. Do yourself a favor and shave for your pictures.

-TAN- You know how everyone on the BB stage is dark and tan. Part of this is because they lights are so bright but the tan really brings out the definition.

Doing these things can make the difference between winning and 3-4th or worse.
Even if you have already taken your final pics....You have until the 15th to post your final pictures.

Do these things^^^ I promise..it makes a whole world of difference.
How DARE YOU MAKE THE BEAST SHAVE!!! lol Had to throw that in there

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shaving makes a world of difference.

I have a buddy who Ive know from online for years. We are both mods at ironmag labs forums.
Anyways He used to buy my home made supps before there was even a BLR and I had always hooked him up with deals but he ALWAYS tried to haggle or weasel out of payment.
So...I started saving all my body hair after shaving. IM like an Fn gorilla and I shave from head to toe..takes like an hour lol.
I saved the hair I shaved in a bag for 6 months.

He had been bugging me to send him more supps even though he still owed me. I told him Id send him some along with a new product I wanted him to test. "top secret".
I took an empty supp bottle and filled it to the top with my hair....from my head, taint, toes...all of it.
I then took some duct tape and shoved one end into the bottle and taped the other to the bottle top.
I even shrink wrapped the top so it looked legit.

So....yah he opened it alright....and he said the tape basically pulled the entire bottle of hair out onto his computer keyboard, his bed, floor and of course all over him. He had a fan on so.....

Its been a while since hes asked for anything.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. New meaning for a "hairy situation"

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Think I mentioned this a long time ago, but you are right on the money.

-Need to be somewhat fitting and not big baggy style that looks like a kid would wear.
-Somewhat stretchy like when you add in 5% spandex to something. Not stretching all over, but with give.
-Dark colors. I love black anything and very minimal logos.
-A stretchy waist, but with option for velcro or drawstring tightening. I have a bunch of these FOX dh mtn bike shorts I used to race in and I still will use them for the gym. They are an elastic waist, but with two cinch strap things on the sides that are velcro and can be pulled to tighten. They are on the side, so no uncomfortable excess material in the belly.

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Down for those shorts..
Something you can lift and sprint or run in ideally..
The velcro is fine.
Had some MMA shorts that were velcro and string at the top and those worked pretty well

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im gonna do 2.

1 will be with the tri flap velcro.
2 will be with just the neoprene waist with drawstring.

Im hoping that by the end of the Powerlifting comp I have some shorts to give away for prizes. No guarantee though.
For sure Ill have HERC wrist wraps and straps though ;)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Neoprene was the material I was thinking of for the waistband.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah I have a pair of RYU shorts that have neoprene waist with grip in the inside.
They are my fav pair of shorts to train in except for one thing...no pocket for my phone or ipod and I cant train without my music.

Im adding in a water resistant zipper pocket.

Attachments

• 122 bytes Views: 391
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A neoprene waist sounds good as long as it's wide. What's the planned width of the waistband? Kisaj, I like those Fox shorts. Which model do you have? Brundel, check out Rogue Fitness:
http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-fight-shorts

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you guys see that picture?

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Well after like ten weeks cutting my body needs some rice and potatoes, started at 246 ended at 230, follidrone is awesome, thanks brundel and kisaj for answering all of our questions and being so helpful, also thanks to all of you I regularly talk to for motivation

image-3163393421.jpg

image-2098435727.jpg

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking great man! Ripped and shredded!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work man. You really see how dramatic it is in the first set and your face has leaned out a ton as well. That was a very successful cut for sure.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, and it's incredible that my strength has actually gone up and endurance has gone up considerably!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work buddy.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Noooooooo i cant see the pics from my phone!!!!!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow good job bro!
This is what I wanted to see. There were so many strong reports but nobody was taking before and after pics.
Its worth the 6 bottles to get some valid pics :)

You kicked some ass bro. The bar is set. Lets see where the others come in.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
heres some of mine. took a pic today put aside one i started with

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Brundel, from my understanding hurdlemaker wasnt in this competition! But great work hurdle!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wish they'd fix this site so I could spread my 6.9 million rep points to some dudes in this thread

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
heres some of mine. took a pic today put aside one i started with
Looking good brother.
The more pics the better.

Likeni was saying. Tan. It really makes difference.
Nobody believes me lol.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
OOohhhh im itching now!!! hurdlemaker man thats some solid work

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas, auslifter looking great man, get a little sun like Brundel said, it works wonders for ur shadowing and fullness and helps clear up ur skin even more, and yeah natty I wasn't doing the comp more wanted to share and thank blr for the great customer service and some of u guys for motivation

grocker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas, auslifter looking great man, get a little sun like Brundel said, it works wonders for ur shadowing and fullness and helps clear up ur skin even more, and yeah natty I wasn't doing the comp more wanted to share and thank blr for the great customer service and some of u guys for motivation
Great job, man. What supplements did you use on your 10 week cut?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Shoot, im white as a ghost! I dont think i have time to start tanning now though! I have a tad under 2 weeks until my final pics! How much tanner can i get in 2 weeks! PS. I have never tanned before and are likely to burn!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Shoot, im white as a ghost! I dont think i have time to start tanning now though! I have a tad under 2 weeks until my final pics! How much tanner can i get in 2 weeks! PS. I have never tanned before and are likely to burn!
sunbed

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Great job, man. What supplements did you use on your 10 week cut?
I make my own preworkout, gluc/chon/msm, L-carnitine in the morning with a scoop of whey and bcaa's on the days i wake and do cardio, CLA (only like once a day, I always forget lol), zma before bed, follidrone

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
playa just go to a tanning bed once for like 8min and use some lotion and try and get out in the sun a couple times, u can tan up pretty quick u just need to get some rays every couple of days