Unanswered Blood pressure

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Healthy 38 male with high bp past two years. Two bad habits I have had past few years are chewing tobacco and caffeine. I chew about 1 can of grizzly pouch every few days and 400mg caffeine every morning in my coffee. I have stopped for 4 days and yet my BP is still 145-86 or so. My ekg and heart is great. Bloods are great. Doc says stress maybe but I am now thinking it could be these two. How long should I wait until I can get a clear picture of the tobacco or caffeine causing high BP

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Keep waiting. I would give it a couple weeks. Dont even check your BP. Start a morning fasted walk if you can. Take multiple grams of vitamin c a day. Get some ksm66 or sensoril as a cheap cortisol modulator.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I would give it a couple weeks. Let your body acclimate to not having the tobacco and caffeine before adding other supplements. It can take two weeks for your body to completely metabolize out nicotine, and Im sure caffeine takes some time too. The only other thing I would suggest is to drink plenty of water to help your body eliminate the toxins from the liver and kidneys.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Keep waiting. I would give it a couple weeks. Dont even check your BP. Start a morning fasted walk if you can. Take multiple grams of vitamin c a day. Get some ksm66 or sensoril as a cheap cortisol modulator.
What’s the cortisol for? I do feel super hot a lot more past 4 days. Also I did my blood panel and currently on trt and total test was >1500 and e2 only 17? Is that an issue?

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
What’s the cortisol for? I do feel super hot a lot more past 4 days. Also I did my blood panel and currently on trt and total test was >1500 and e2 only 17? Is that an issue?
That's a high value for TRT. Are you holding water? Maybe you have a mineral/electrolyte imbalance somewhere..

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
That's a high value for TRT. Are you holding water? Maybe you have a mineral/electrolyte imbalance somewhere..
I mean how do you know If your holding water? I don’t really feel like it however the scale suggest I would. E2 is on the low side. I am on 200mg weekly but about to drop
That dose. I need my total t down, I agree. That might also help. However before I even started trt I had bp issues and never got a resolution. All I can think of is chewing tobacco and a lot of caffeine daily.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I mean how do you know If your holding water? I don’t really feel like it however the scale suggest I would. E2 is on the low side. I am on 200mg weekly but about to drop
That dose. I need my total t down, I agree. That might also help. However before I even started trt I had bp issues and never got a resolution. All I can think of is chewing tobacco and a lot of caffeine daily.
I can always tell when im bloated and holding water. My watch gets tighter and i can see it in my ankles. It often happens after I eat a lot of carbs. Anyway, I hope you're able to get to the bottom of this sooner than later.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So you take anything for blood pressure? If not look into carditone, a lot of people see pretty decent improvements considering it’s an herbal otc

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
You could try Celery Seed Extract, 75 mg twice per day
I have a bottle of this in my cabinet. This will lower my blood pressure quicker than anything else.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Surprised no one has mentioned it, but hawthorn extract is cheap and effective. I take it every day as a staple for heart health.