Blast from the past supplements ( Pics )

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was reading about an "Old" supp HGH Plus - PM from Weider, anyone ever heard of it ?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
My first weight set (when I was 14) may have been Weider.
The first ever supp I used was Weider mass gainer, which tasted horrible.

Had to do a quick Google on Weider to see if their supps still around. Didn't know he was that influental on the BB scene. Him and his brother Ben founding IFBB and Mr. Olympia for example. Cool stuff.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Had to do a quick Google on Weider to see if their supps still around. Didn't know he was that influental on the BB scene. Him and his brother Ben founding IFBB and Mr. Olympia for example. Cool stuff.
Weider basically made bodybuilding, as far as the level of popularity and magazine coverage it eventually reached.

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
I know there are so many OG's here that started with me or even before me here .. Feel free to post pics of images that you miss from back in the good days .. show these young-ins what they are missing out on ..

I loved this **** back in the day and wish it still was made.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

my 1st weider product was pre-digested protein--it was a red liquid that came in a bottle and tasted every bit as horrible as it sounded...but i used it as directed because WEIDER was THE name in bodybuilding, weight lifting in those days--besides charles atlas-and those sand ads, anyone remember those ads?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my 1st weider product was pre-digested protein--it was a red liquid that came in a bottle and tasted every bit as horrible as it sounded...but i used it as directed because WEIDER was THE name in bodybuilding, weight lifting in those days--besides charles atlas-and those sand ads, anyone remember those ads?
I had some of Pre-Digested protein also..man it tasted bad, but I wanted to be bigger. In the 80 no supplement tasted good!! On a serious note we on this board owe Joe & Ben Weider for what Body Building is today. RIP The Master Blaster.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had some of Pre-Digested protein also..man it tasted bad, but I wanted to be bigger. In the 80 no supplement tasted good!! On a serious note we on this board owe Joe & Ben Weider for what Body Building is today. RIP The Master Blaster.
funny that you say master blaster---i still have a original weider arm blaster..

surprised you didn't comment on those charles atlas kick sand in face ads, lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
funny that you say master blaster---i still have a original weider arm blaster..

surprised you didn't comment on those charles atlas kick sand in face ads, lol.
I have an arm blaster and some Weider weights and yes I do remember those Charles Atlas ads, they were in the back of every Comic Book.

Still In Use !
Weider.jpg

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wanna see full pics of all your equipment
You don't, i saw it and it got me sent to jelly school, i even got a jelly phd masters from jelly university, his home gym is better equipped than the commercial gym i go to, did i mention I'm a bit jealous

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You don't, i saw it and it got me sent to jelly school, i even got a jelly phd masters from jelly university, his home gym is better equipped than the commercial gym i go to, did i mention I'm a bit jealous
Was thinking the same going through the thread 😃 The gym I go to is awesome and the best gym I've been to ever, but at home I have basically no equipment.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I used to train at a gym that had giant posters of those sand ads reprinted and hung up as banners!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used to train at a gym that had giant posters of those sand ads reprinted and hung up as banners!
A friend of mine (now a lifelong Military guy) sent off for the Atlas workout plan, in High School.
... I actually incorporated a few things.
.... It was pretty basic stuff.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Charles Atlas.jpg

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was thinking the same going through the thread The gym I go to is awesome and the best gym I've been to ever, but at home I have basically no equipment.
I used to have full olympic bar set bought from new back way way back when weights were much cheaper that got lost at a turbulent time in my life, now ive got a mix n match set of dumbbells and types of barbell and a cheap ass bench, start building your collection bro, check your countries ebay etc. Half the joy for me is in finding that bargain item you've been looking for, i just recently got rectangular tricep bar and 2 15kg plates for £50 and was happy as hell with it

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I used to have full olympic bar set bought from new back way way back when weights were much cheaper that got lost at a turbulent time in my life, now ive got a mix n match set of dumbbells and types of barbell and a cheap ass bench, start building your collection bro, check your countries ebay etc. Half the joy for me is in finding that bargain item you've been looking for, i just recently got rectangular tricep bar and 2 15kg plates for £50 and was happy as hell with it
I bet after this pandemic bullshit, there will be a lot of pretty new gym equipment for sale with low price.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bet after this pandemic bullshit, there will be a lot of pretty new gym equipment for sale with low price.
I'll bet a few people have already figured out they will never use it !!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
True, but I hope most guys will keep it.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought for sure that would be the case after lock down ended here but disappointingly people are still thinking they can get £100 for a pair of 5lb pink dumbbells

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought for sure that would be the case after lock down ended here but disappointingly people are still thinking they can get £100 for a pair of 5lb pink dumbbells
The law of supply and demand will allways correct the price. Either they lower the price, or they are right.
Edit: Or they don't make a sell, of course one option.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Now this is not an argument against anything, that anyone said here, but I love the gym I go to and hope they will never go out of business. I've been training there for 14 years, with a few breaks due to change of the location of where I live and my job sites. When we had gyms closed here for awhile due to Covid, I never cut off my membership and kept paying the normal fee. I also rented some equipment from them for the duration of gyms being forced to close their doors, but that was of course mostly for my benefit (albeit a little pricy for my liking). Anyway I like going there and like the people, that train there. Some have been going there for longer, than me. Know the owner too.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Now this is not an argument against anything, that anyone said here, but I love the gym I go to and hope they will never go out of business. I've been training there for 14 years, with a few breaks due to change of the location of where I live and my job sites. When we had gyms closed here for awhile due to Covid, I never cut off my membership and kept paying the normal fee. I also rented some equipment from them for the duration of gyms being forced to close their doors, but that was of course mostly for my benefit (albeit a little pricy for my liking). Anyway I like going there and like the people, that train there. Some have been going there for longer, than me. Know the owner too.
I can Totally understand your position.
Some prefer to workout at gyms, and some prefer a home gym.

I prefer a home gym personally, although I like the option of being able to go to gyms occasionally (thanks friends!).

I just personally think it is beneficial for most people to have equipment at home, as an option, and for times like these.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I prefer a home gym personally, although I like the option of being able to go to gyms occasionally (thanks friends!).

I just personally think it is beneficial for most people to have equipment at home, as an option, and for times like these.
dem der options be good, man!!!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Yup, it would be awesome to have some decent equipment at home for what ever different situations and for a quick 'extra' WO's and what not. And it has been one of my dreams to have my own legit weight room some day. Right now I prefer this gym I've been going to, but especially if children or other time consuming things some day enter my life, having my own set up would be very beneficial.

And some people get much more workouts in by having their own home gyms, no doubt.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yup, it would be awesome to have some decent equipment at home for what ever different situations and for a quick 'extra' WO's and what not. And it has been one of my dreams to have my own legit weight room some day. Right now I prefer this gym I've been going to, but especially if children or other time consuming things some day enter my life, having my own set up would be very beneficial.
kinda nice they let you rent equipment during shutdown, even though they gouged you on price....with the way things are going i think it might be wise to start buying home equipment, most of us older guys have been buying stuff for our home gyms for decades--great investment---iron might rust but it never fades away.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any1 remember SNS drol series ?
Anabolic Xtreme Vitamins & Lifestyle Supplements | eBay

i loved the DNA labeling was so slick and ofcourse top quality drol's.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DiscountAnabolics site and they were like $24.99 a bottle. Ha the good ole' days.
ahh nice score .. i remember phera, mdrol , xtren were like $10-12 since everyone had to unload them by a certain day

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

this product was very popular back then too .. i didnt thought it was nothing special especially as intra workout w/ whey & beta alaine.. but what ever bb.com pumps sell'd back then