Blast and Cruise on Clomid?

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone,

So, after years of wanting to do something about my low-ish test, I finally went to see a Urologist. He just called me back regarding my blood work and said that my total test was around 360 (age 36). He said that my other numbers look fine, but I cannot for the life of me recall what my free test was (I realize that’s most important). He is prescribing me Clomid, as a first option before going the injection route, as he feels my levels should be a bit higher for my age.

He didn’t go into details regarding dosage, other than to say it’s being called in to the pharmacy and I should be able to start tomorrow and then I’ll follow up in 3-4 months.

In any event, What I’m wondering is - if I’m able to tolerate the Clomid and continue on it for a long period of time, would I be able to blast and cruise at some point in the future, as one may be able to do with traditional TRT, or would exogenous testosterone be required for that? I’ve heard of people doing it, but those were all people that are on actual TRT/injections.

It’s not something that I’d be planning on doing any time soon, and would more than likely opt for something like Epi/Andro as opposed to hopping on a “real” cycle, but I was just wondering.

Thanks!

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To clarify: Are you asking if you can "blast" with a higher dose of clomid now and then and "cruise" on your regularly prescribed dose?

I

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
To clarify: Are you asking if you can "blast" with a higher dose of clomid now and then and "cruise" on your regularly prescribed dose?

I
I apologize, that was confusing on my part. I shouldn’t have use the phrase “blast and cruise” at all.

What I was wondering is if I could use a separate compound (whether it be something milder like Androhard, for example, or even a cycle of actual test) without having the same concerns about suppression that I would have without the clomid.

I phrased it poorly, but I guess what I’m wondering is if I could essentially use the clomid as a “base”, and then add some other compound for a shorter period of time, without the need for a traditional PCT/fear of suppression. It would seem that this sort of thing would require actual testosterone, rather than the roundabout way that clomid increases test via negative feedback (or however it’s phrased), but I just figured I’d ask.

Edit: for example, I’ve heard of people on TRT throwing in Deca for a period of time, then coming off the Deca without the fear of suppression due to being on test for TRT. I’m sure that clomid couldn’t handle something like that, but wondered if there was another scenario in which an anabolic could be added in a similar fashion.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You absolutely CAN add in anything you want. Clomid, IMO, will NOT prevent supression from anything capable of causing significant supression. Now how much you can get away with will be something time and experience/experimenting will tell.

For example: Will you likely notice no longterm issue from 8 weeks of epiandro at a reasonable dose? Yes, I think you will be just fine. On the other hand were you to run some superdrol, trest, and dienolone for 16 weeks no amount of clomid in the world will prevent the shutdown.

I will say this the more "rounds" of this you do overtime the less and less you will likely fully bounce back. Guys who run full-blown PCT find this over time.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
You absolutely CAN add in anything you want. Clomid, IMO, will NOT prevent supression from anything capable of causing significant supression. Now how much you can get away with will be something time and experience/experimenting will tell.

For example: Will you likely notice no longterm issue from 8 weeks of epiandro at a reasonable dose? Yes, I think you will be just fine. On the other hand were you to run some superdrol, trest, and dienolone for 16 weeks no amount of clomid in the world will prevent the shutdown.

I will say this the more "rounds" of this you do overtime the less and less you will likely fully bounce back. Guys who run full-blown PCT find this over time.
Gotcha, thanks for your help! It sounds like test is a lot more versatile than clomid for this sort of stuff, but I’m just going to go with the doctor’s orders for now.

Thanks again

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like Seacow said, it depends on the PED being used. For the absolute mildest stuff, I believe Clomid could 'out power' the suppression and your test production would not be meaningfully suppressed. Epiandro, Androsterone, 11-KT are good candidates for that. Only blood work would tell though.

Some people do serm+sarm cycles and at least think/claim their test production doesn't get suppressed, but I assume that to only work with very low / low dose of the sarm.

There's a very long thread about Clomid on cycle, which you should find with the search function. Most (if not all?) of the trials reported on that thread were unsuccessful, but people were using 'real steroids'. There's also other threads talking about the attempt/idea of serm on cycle to prevent suppression, that you could find. General thought is, that it doesn't work. But again, for the absolute mildest stuff, I think it might.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
Like Seacow said, it depends on the PED being used. For the absolute mildest stuff, I believe Clomid could 'out power' the suppression and your test production would not be meaningfully suppressed. Epiandro, Androsterone, 11-KT are good candidates for that. Only blood work would tell though.

Some people do serm+sarm cycles and at least think/claim their test production doesn't get suppressed, but I assume that to only work with very low / low dose of the sarm.

There's a very long thread about Clomid on cycle, which you should find with the search function. Most (if not all?) of the trials reported on that thread were unsuccessful, but people were using 'real steroids'. There's also other threads talking about the attempt/idea of serm on cycle to prevent suppression, that you could find. General thought is, that it doesn't work. But again, for the absolute mildest stuff, I think it might.
Thank you for your input. If I ever try it, I’d probably stick to the milder topical stuff (like some of those IF products), so maybe it’ll be worth a shot. I want to be sure to get a good ways into the clomid treatment before I start trying to add anything, of course. My buddy took his test from 290 to 700’s on clomid, so maybe I’ll be a “hyper responder” as well, but I guess only time will tell.

thanks again!