Black Monday

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
He's a beast QB in a college system against college players. I don't see him translating too well to the NFL, even with the perfect system.
Well I can't agree. And neither can 99% of college/NFL analysts and scouts. The kid is the whole package and will instantly improve any team he goes to. Imo.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
He's a beast QB in a college system against college players. I don't see him translating too well to the NFL, even with the perfect system.

Yup. None of them outside of Russell Wilson can be franchise quarterbacks.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ugh.. Ant your Jets just signed my guy Bowles. He was my top choice for Bears.

Now time for Bears to sign Fox.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I thought the Bucs had a chance to steal rod marinelli but apparently Dallas wasn't going to let that happen

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought the Bucs had a chance to steal rod marinelli but apparently Dallas wasn't going to let that happen
Trestman has been linked to Bucs and Browns for O coordinator.

Get ready for 1 yard wide receiver screens on 3 and 12 lol.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Trestman has been linked to Bucs and Browns for O coordinator.

Get ready for 1 yard wide receiver screens on 3 and 12 lol.
He's the one person I don't want them to hire, I don't know why Lovie thinks he should re create the Bears here (no offense lol)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He's the one person I don't want them to hire, I don't know why Lovie thinks he should re create the Bears here (no offense lol)
Unless he's recreating 85 Bears right lol

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't know about that man. Good QB. Good personally on paper. Bad scheming and bad coaching. Very talented team though
I was surprised Harbaugh didn't want to coach Carr, he showed potential

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
I was surprised Harbaugh didn't want to coach Carr, he showed potential
I completely agree with you. I think Rex Ryan would be good there too but I'll be honest, BUF just became an instant contender

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I completely agree with you. I think Rex Ryan would be good there too but I'll be honest, BUF just became an instant contender

Meh we will see. Buffalo has a similar set up to NY. They already have a Really good defense, bad offense with little talent, and a QB that could potentially be a coach killer. (Sounds like the jets)

Rex should have taken the atl job in my opinion. Now he's in buffalo and has to worry about building an offense versus Atlanta where we had major offensive firepower, a top qb, and all he would have to do is fix the defense.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Surprised Bears didn't lock Fox up right away.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Meh we will see. Buffalo has a similar set up to NY. They already have a Really good defense, bad offense with little talent, and a QB that could potentially be a coach killer. (Sounds like the jets) Rex should have taken the atl job in my opinion. Now he's in buffalo and has to worry about building an offense versus Atlanta where we had major offensive firepower, a top qb, and all he would have to do is fix the defense.
Actually, you're right. I revoke my earlier sentence and agree with you completely.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meh we will see. Buffalo has a similar set up to NY. They already have a Really good defense, bad offense with little talent, and a QB that could potentially be a coach killer. (Sounds like the jets)

Rex should have taken the atl job in my opinion. Now he's in buffalo and has to worry about building an offense versus Atlanta where we had major offensive firepower, a top qb, and all he would have to do is fix the defense.
This x1000

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, i can't wait to see who Bears get for OC and DC now.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
As a Denver fan I wouldn't be overly excited about fox. A definite upgrade, but I'd be optimistically cautious.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
As a Denver fan I wouldn't be overly excited about fox. A definite upgrade, but I'd be optimistically cautious.
And I can certainly understand that, but for what's out there and what chi had, not a bad pick up. Better than jack del rio! lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He was a DB coach and an dc before he got a shot at being a HC.
Ok, he'll be a good fit. They need a better D

I would be extremely nervous as a Denver fan, two guy cancelled their interviews for this weekend, not a good sign.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So what did everyone think of the "deflategate" story

It seems like a lot of QB's tweak the ball in some way but this isn't the first time the Pats have been associated with a cheating scandal

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So what did everyone think of the "deflategate" story

It seems like a lot of QB's tweak the ball in some way but this isn't the first time the Pats have been associated with a cheating scandal
At first, I thought it was no big deal since I thought it was a single ball. However, I think both Brady's and Bellichik's reputations and credibility will take another hit. It may cost them going to the hall their first year eligible. I would love to know if this was an isolated incident or not, but we will probably never know.

I think the bigger issue is that the NFL allows teams to bring their own balls. They should have a set of balls and the only person near them should be someone from the league offices.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
At first, I thought it was no big deal since I thought it was a single ball. However, I think both Brady's and Bellichik's reputations and credibility will take another hit. It may cost them going to the hall their first year eligible. I would love to know if this was an isolated incident or not, but we will probably never know. I think the bigger issue is that the NFL allows teams to bring their own balls. They should have a set of balls and the only person near them should be someone from the league offices.
Did they blame it on w ball boy?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Belichick was pretty pissed in a press conference today (because he's spending time studying balls and physics instead of the Seahawks) and said that he's now 100% sure that everyone in the organization followed the rules.

http://m.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Belichick-124-Followed-every-rule-to-the-letter/d607eb23-2f67-4da5-aedc-b8bfba8d4c11

Either way, I think ESPN (and most of the media) seems to be doing their best to make this a bigger deal than it is. They actually posted and removed a sports science video on the issue, but someone put it on YouTube before it was taken down.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/24/espn-pulls-sports-science-deflate-gate-clip-exonerating-patriots-video/

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apparently there is a video of a Patriots ball guy taking the footballs to a different location, then he should have, after taking them out of the officials room. If the guy was smart, he would have taken them into an elevator, the NFL would never find the tape.

Anyways, I still think the process is a bigger issue than what actually happened. Why are individual teams ball boys taking these footballs from point A to point B. Terrible system.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interesting, I heard on the radio that Brady's stats in the rain are abnormally better than anyone else, but who knows

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Interesting, I heard on the radio that Brady's stats in the rain are abnormally better than anyone else, but who knows

Yeah this doesn't mean much to me considering he plays in the NE

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just out shoveling and listening to Max and Marcellus on espn radio. Anyways, some guy put together a huge stat sheet that they read. It was interesting.

Essentially, it showed that from 2008 to now, the Patriots have the least amount of fumbles out of all the NFL teams. This even includes teams that play in domes. The Pats play in a cold weather state and in elements. Prior to 2008, they were one of the worst. 2007 was Spygate. The author of the study is trying to say that they Patriots were only good prior to 2007 because they were recording practices. Then once they got caught doing that, they needed a new way to get an advantage, insinuating that they have been manipulating footballs since 2008.

Do I believe it no, but it i interesting to think about.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was just out shoveling and listening to Max and Marcellus on espn radio. Anyways, some guy put together a huge stat sheet that they read. It was interesting. Essentially, it showed that from 2008 to now, the Patriots have the least amount of fumbles out of all the NFL teams. This even includes teams that play in domes. The Pats play in a cold weather state and in elements. Prior to 2008, they were one of the worst. 2007 was Spygate. The author of the study is trying to say that they Patriots were only good prior to 2007 because they were recording practices. Then once they got caught doing that, they needed a new way to get an advantage, insinuating that they have been manipulating footballs since 2008. Do I believe it no, but it i interesting to think about.
Yeah it seems like a stretch but definitely interesting stats

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now this morning, the attendant that took the balls actually took them into a single person restroom for 90 seconds. I don't know how one deflates 11 balls in 90 seconds. He probably just took a leak. Very interested to see what turns up, if anything.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now this morning, the attendant that took the balls actually took them into a single person restroom for 90 seconds. I don't know how one deflates 11 balls in 90 seconds. He probably just took a leak. Very interested to see what turns up, if anything.
I saw this as well, if he was able to deflate that many balls to the desired psi that fast then he is a deflation pro

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I just saw that. Supposedly, the video shows the ball attendant stopping at the bathroom for 90 seconds with both teams balls before heading to the field.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/27/report-patriots-employee-shown-on-video-taking-footballs-into-bathroom/

There are also reports that that Pats balls were given to and approved by the refs under-inflated. Apparently, the refs often just look them over and give a quick squeeze before approving. The weather could account for an additional drop in psi by halftime as well.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/27/richs-sources-patriots-footballs-passed-referee-inspection-just-under-allowable-psi-level/

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
The NFL "kinda" set a trap and when it's all said and done, no smoking gun or deliberate action.. IMO..

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
To quote BarStool Sports: "They hate us cuz they Ain't us!!"
Everyone shîts on the Pats because of how good they are, and because of how annoying some of my fellow New Englanders can be. This "deflategate" thing is ridiculous!! The psi was not properly checked, and many QBs have come out and said that all they do is go into the locker room, squeeze the ball, and call it good.
I think it's funny that the Ravens... The trashiest, least respectable team in all of sports, is making a big point of calling the Pats out. Maybe Brady should have just KO'd his wife on tape... Would that have been better??

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Yep. And also the Ravens fans that cheered Ray Rices name mentioned In training camp. The Pats handed balls to refs and once refs called it good, the Pats figured they were good to go even if they were under inflated. It reminds me of a PGA golf tournament if a player calls a rules official over and the official goes through a process of relief or some kind of drop, then the player is free from penalty if after round it is determined that it indeed was wrong. That's my humble opinion!! Oh, and GO PATS!!!!!!!!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What does everyone think of all the moves going on the last week??

Also, for any Eagles fans out there, think Chip will make a run at Mariota?

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
What does everyone think of all the moves going on the last week?? Also, for any Eagles fans out there, think Chip will make a run at Mariota?
Chip definitely makes some sort of run, but we may not know about it. At least right away. He will be quietly seeking!!??

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What does everyone think of all the moves going on the last week??

Also, for any Eagles fans out there, think Chip will make a run at Mariota?
If he didn't trade Foles, then yes he could have made a run. I don't see what they can offer to get higher draft pick now unless Murray was only signed to trade away. Which I doubt.