Black Monday

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rex Ryan is first casualty.

Who's next? Hopefully entire Bears staff from president down.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Rex Ryan is first casualty. Who's next? Hopefully entire Bears staff from president down.
was at the Bears game yesterday, cutler needs to go, I wanna give treatmen another year but his defensive staff needs to go

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
Fingers crossed the Chargers fire the O coordinator.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Marc Trestman and GM Phil Emery both fired by Chicago Bears after 5-11 season
cleaning house, cutler needs to go now, hate waiting for a new leader for da Bears

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Who is going to want Cutler with his big contract though?I would like to see them to hire Mike Shanahan since he coached Cutler before.
great point , I think he could be great his attitude just drives me nuts

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cutler is best option out there. So would replace him, Mark Sanchez? Let's be real Cutler is in the top group of QBs, Trestman just didn't know how to use him, and the defense was horrible.

OC Kromer is fired
DC Tucker is fired

And the best Bears news so far, Ted Phillips will be moved to business side, non football related. This will help drastically.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Cutler is best option out there. So would replace him, Mark Sanchez? Let's be real Cutler is in the top group of QBs, Trestman just didn't know how to use him, and the defense was horrible. OC Kromer is fired DC Tucker is fired And the best Bears news so far, Ted Phillips will be moved to business side, non football related. This will help drastically.
didn't know how to use him? Didn't last year prove he knew how to use him? His attitude just sucked this year

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
didn't know how to use him? Didn't last year prove he knew how to use him? His attitude just sucked this year
Not really, last year was a lot of big catches by Marshall and Jeffrey.

Trestman loves game managers, which Cutler is not.

hide83

Awards
Cutler is best option out there. So would replace him, Mark Sanchez? Let's be real Cutler is in the top group of QBs, Trestman just didn't know how to use him, and the defense was horrible. OC Kromer is fired DC Tucker is fired And the best Bears news so far, Ted Phillips will be moved to business side, non football related. This will help drastically.
Have to disagree there. The only thing Cutler has proven is that he's Jeff George reincarnated.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Who is going to want Cutler with his big contract though?I would like to see them to hire Mike Shanahan since he coached Cutler before.
Tennessee apparently has a large interest

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's easy to bash a QB.

Let's say one of the teams interested wants Cutler (Titans, Texans, Jags, Etc) who then becomes Bears starting QB, and how does that make team any better?

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
It's easy to bash a QB. Let's say one of the teams interested wants Cutler (Titans, Texans, Jags, Etc) who then becomes Bears starting QB, and how does that make team any better?
MY texans want no part of that contract or lack of talent ;) watch your mouth when you're Talkin about my boys now... Hahaha

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lets face it, Cutler may have a crap attitude, but he is still in the top 12 for quaterbacks. He can still get a team to the playoffs.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lets face it, Cutler may have a crap attitude, but he is still in the top 12 for quaterbacks. He can still get a team to the playoffs.
Exactly. No one yet has told me who would be better option than Cutler.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
Michigan man here!! You guys can have Stafford.. But I don't think I would take Cutler in return?

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Exactly. No one yet has told me who would be better option than Cutler.
Here are the 2014-2015 NFL QB who are statistically better than Jay Cutler.

A Luck
A Rodgers
R Wilson
P Manning
D Brees
B Roethlisbeger
T Brady
M Ryan
R Tannehill
P Rivers
E Manning
C Newton
J Flacco
M Stafford
A Smith
A Dalton

You asked for 12. There ya go. There's 16. I would like to add that arguably more than half of those guys don't have NEAR the offensive weaponry Cutler has in Jeffery, Marshall, Forte, Bennett.

Now I realize your point in saying that there is no one better on the FA market to replace him with, and I agree with that. But I can't call him top 12.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hahah Dalton is better? and I'm a bengals fan to....

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
hahah Dalton is better? and I'm a bengals fan to....
When both are on the field, statistically, yes. However, he is the last guy before Cutler is named. The sad thing is, trestman made him throw a lot more than he ever has in his career. But he had 12 fumbles which is the most in his career and 18 int. So him not taking care of the football hurt

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
The Bears have Matt forte, alshon Jeffrey, and Brandon Marshall. With that kind of talent you don't need someone to be better than jay cutler.(clausen looked pretty Damn good running that offense, better than cutler anyway.)

He's a whiney, soft, crybaby. There's no leadership there, and he is never accountable for anything. No one wants to play with the guy. He needs his ass whipped. lol

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a solid list of QBs, and like you said, none of them are available.

There is no better FA or draft qb available.
Maybe we could drug GB and get them to take Cutler for ARod straight up lol

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
The Bears have Matt forte, alshon Jeffrey, and Brandon Marshall. With that kind of talent you don't need someone to be better than jay cutler.(clausen looked pretty Damn good running that offense, better than cutler anyway.) He's a whiney, soft, crybaby. There's no leadership there, and he is never accountable for anything. No one wants to play with the guy. He needs his ass whipped. lol
That's true. Look at Mccown... Same thing. But that's the point. Clausen and McCown looked better than Cutler who is supposedly a top tier QB. Your adjectives of Jay are spot on.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
That is a solid list of QBs, and like you said, none of them are available. There is no better FA or draft qb available. Maybe we could drug GB and get them to take Cutler for ARod straight up lol
I mean, CHI shouldn't get rid of him, and they aren't (the firing of trestman validated that). I just like to chime in when people defend him calling him a great QB and all this.

There are a lot of teams out there in search of a new QB. I'm really interested to see how this offseason goes down.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah he's not great by any means. I'm sure he could be, he had the tools, but for some reason he just doesn't put it all together.

He needs an OC who uses his abilities, not the game manager crap. He has had way too many OC in Chi, who were worthless. With Ted Phillips out off football operations, maybe they will finally get real OC.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here are the 2014-2015 NFL QB who are statistically better than Jay Cutler.

A Luck
A Rodgers
R Wilson
P Manning
D Brees
B Roethlisbeger
T Brady
M Ryan
R Tannehill
P Rivers
E Manning
C Newton
J Flacco
M Stafford
A Smith
A Dalton

You asked for 12. There ya go. There's 16. I would like to add that arguably more than half of those guys don't have NEAR the offensive weaponry Cutler has in Jeffery, Marshall, Forte, Bennett.

Now I realize your point in saying that there is no one better on the FA market to replace him with, and I agree with that. But I can't call him top 12.
You cannot take season of work, in some cases less than a season due to injuries I.E. Cam Newton, and say they are better OVERALL. I hate that statement, so and so had a better year so they are automatically better. No, the whole body of work needs to be looked at. Just by quickly glancing at that list, I can eliminate 4 and that's with a quick glance. Also take into consideration availability. I'd rather have a QB who can play all 16 games and is not injury prone. Even if that means he is slightly statistically worse. He would give a better chance to win than the bag up of the injury prone QB team.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Key word in your argument is STATISTICALLY. You cannot take season of work, in some cases less than a season due to injuries I.E. Cam Newton, and say they are better OVERALL. I hate that statement, so and so had a better year so they are automatically better. No, the whole body of work needs to be looked at. Just by quickly glancing at that list, I can eliminate 4 and that's with a quick glance.
I understand that and I agree. However my point is what he is doing this year and what he has failed to deliver the last couple of seasons. Cutler has battled injuries his entire career and has not had very impressive career numbers to be paid what he agreed to. Regardless, all of that is in the past. What matters is how he has been playing as of recent. Since 2012 and his return from a groin injury in 2013, he has been pretty awful.

Your boy makes poor decisions and turns the ball over. The worst part of cutler is what can't be measured. As said before, he exhibits no leadership or mental qualities you look for in a franchise QB.

The only one I would put under cutler in that last would be Tannehill but then again he doesn't have near the weapons.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Cutler is a coach killer!!! Who in their right mind wants to coach a team lead by a pre-Madonna cry baby? Chicago won't get the coach it deserves because of this. They will have to hire a strong defensive coordinator from somewhere, or hope shannahan wants to come back and deal with cutler.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
That is a solid list of QBs, and like you said, none of them are available. There is no better FA or draft qb available. Maybe we could drug GB and get them to take Cutler for ARod straight up lol

You don't need a better or even as talented quarterback as cutler. Super Bowls have been won with far less talent at qb. Aka Trent Dilfer.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The contract he got is not his fault. It is the GM fault. And the reason why the GM did it is because the market is undersaturated. If they didn't pay Cutler that amount of money, someone else would have. Who would they have next in line for QB if he walked? Clausen? They'd probably have a few less wins. The free agent market is terrible too. Either you pay the guy or you'll be rebuilding for an extremely long time unless a team gets lucky and drafts a Brady later in the draft. Also, the undersaturation of the QB market can be seen in how vauleable these teams think rookies QBs are. Since the Eli, Ben, and Rivers draft, there has only been one QB worth taking in the first round, but yet, these guys are going left and right.

Of that list, going by careers, I would say Cutler could go ahead of Tannehill, Smith, Newton, and Statford. One could even make an argument for Ryan and Dalton.

Tannehill is very inconsistent and has been since day one, Smith throws nothing but ducks (no td for a reciever since week 15 last season), Newton is injury prone is takes too many risks, Statford, Dalton, and Ryan are pretty bad in big time games, especially Statford. Dalton is very inconsistent.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Bears have Matt forte, alshon Jeffrey, and Brandon Marshall. With that kind of talent you don't need someone to be better than jay cutler.(clausen looked pretty Damn good running that offense, better than cutler anyway.)
He's a whiney, soft, crybaby. There's no leadership there, and he is never accountable for anything. No one wants to play with the guy. He needs his ass whipped. lol
You nailed it with your post.

That is a solid list of QBs, and like you said, none of them are available.
There is no better FA or draft qb available.
Maybe we could drug GB and get them to take Cutler for ARod straight up lol
:toofunny:

Yeah he's not great by any means. I'm sure he could be, he had the tools, but for some reason he just doesn't put it all together.
He needs an OC who uses his abilities, not the game manager crap. He has had way too many OC in Chi, who were worthless. With Ted Phillips out off football operations, maybe they will finally get real OC.
What a shame too with all that talent he has.

Cutler is a coach killer!!! Who in their right mind wants to coach a team lead by a pre-Madonna cry baby? Chicago won't get the coach it deserves because of this. They will have to hire a strong defensive coordinator from somewhere, or hope shannahan wants to come back and deal with cutler.
Defense wins Super Bowls!

You don't need a better or even as talented quarterback as cutler. Super Bowls have been won with far less talent at qb. Aka Trent Dilfer.
X2!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A QB can have all the talent in the world around him, but if he has had a poor offense line like Jay has, pretty much his whole time in Chicago, one can only do so much to get the ball to those talents. Here is his sacks since being a Bear

09 - 35
10 - 52
11 - 23
12 - 38
13 - 19
14 - 38

In Denver

06 - 13
07 - 27
08 - 11

Looks like my Jets have narrowed their GM choice down to two guys...

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Defense usually does win championships, unless your qb is Rex Grossman vs Peyton Manning. If Cutler was on that team, bears win SB over Colts.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also saw maybe to OAK. Both pursuing him hard. He has a WAYYY better defense in OAK. More money to be spent as well
Rex can do good things with an OK defense. I think if he can get some players on D for the Falcons, they will go places. I love Rex. I want to see what he can do with a good offense, without a rookie quarterback. I think he may think a little poorly of the Oakland situation due to Derek Carr essentially being a rookie still.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So Doug Marrone opted out of his contract with the Bills and there is strong interest between he and the Jets.

Jesus, I love my Jets, but when are they going to learn. You need a GM first so he can hire the coach he wants. If not, it is like a arranged marriage which failed last time which is why we're at this point.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Rex can do good things with an OK defense. I think if he can get some players on D for the Falcons, they will go places. I love Rex. I want to see what he can do with a good offense, without a rookie quarterback. I think he may think a little poorly of the Oakland situation due to Derek Carr essentially being a rookie still.
Derek Carr is 2x the QB he has ever had!

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
So Doug Marrone opted out of his contract with the Bills and there is strong interest between he and the Jets. Jesus, I love my Jets, but when are they going to learn. You need a GM first so he can hire the coach he wants. If not, it is like a arranged marriage which failed last time which is why we're at this point.
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!! Hahaha

I had to dog you there. I'm a legit jets hater. Why? Don't like Ol' Woody for reasons just like that. More into money and prime time than winning football games.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Derek Carr is 2x the QB he has ever had!
Absolutely! But I'd rather take Matt Ryan with an alright defense. Rex can do more with an average defense than he can with an average offense..

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Absolutely! But I'd rather take Matt Ryan with an alright defense. Rex can do more with an average defense than he can with an average offense..
Atl is the 32nd best defense in the NFL in yds allowed. Tied for 27th in pts/game. For those who are reading this and do not know, they are only 32 NFL teams. Their defense is abominable. Virtually non existent.

With the amount of individual talent oak has combined with the defensive genious of Rex combined with carr and that running game that Rex so proudly advocates for... Oak could be very dangerous out of the gate.

Atl has no running game and has no defense. Bad fit for Rex imo. Trestman would work well there imo.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Some speculating that Tampa will try to trade pick, if Lovie still wants Cutler that would be an option, other thought is Tampa trading pick to Philly for Foles so Kelly can get Mariota

Unfortunately my Bucs need help at most key positions

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some speculating that Tampa will try to trade pick, if Lovie still wants Cutler that would be an option, other thought is Tampa trading pick to Philly for Foles so Kelly can get Mariota

Unfortunately my Bucs need help at most key positions
This draft will be interesting due to coaching vacancies and potential moves. The Eagles got rid of their GM last week. On Twitter today, Pro Football Talk had a possibility of chip getting traded to the 49ers.

Mariotta impressed me yesterday, it was the first time I got to see him play since I am on the east coast. However, is the the perfect example of a system QB. He would need Chip or a similar system.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This draft will be interesting due to coaching vacancies and potential moves. The Eagles got rid of their GM last week. On Twitter today, Pro Football Talk had a possibility of chip getting traded to the 49ers.

Mariotta impressed me yesterday, it was the first time I got to see him play since I am on the east coast. However, is the the perfect example of a system QB. He would need Chip or a similar system.
Yeah a ton of movement going on right now.

Honestly I wasn't that impressed with Mariota, he missed some wide open guys, most of his completions were to guys with no one near them, the one pass that should have been picked was terrible and the pick he did throw was just as horrible (in his defense that was the only time I've watched him all year) He would definitely need the perfect system for him to have any chance. Hopefully he could be more R. Wilson and less RGIII

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Yeah a ton of movement going on right now. Honestly I wasn't that impressed with Mariota, he missed some wide open guys, most of his completions were to guys with no one near them, the one pass that should have been picked was terrible and the pick he did throw was just as horrible (in his defense that was the only time I've watched him all year) He would definitely need the perfect system for him to have any chance. Hopefully he could be more R. Wilson and less RGIII
Come on man really? Not that impressed, that was his 3rd interception of the year, it was a great play call! Have you every seen Dline drop into coverage perfectly, that's extremely tough for a Qb to se! Great play by the defense, crazy how many plays he kept alive with his feet, I wish the Bears would replace Cutler with him!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Come on man really? Not that impressed, that was his 3rd interception of the year, it was a great play call! Have you every seen Dline drop into coverage perfectly, that's extremely tough for a Qb to se! Great play by the defense, crazy how many plays he kept alive with his feet, I wish the Bears would replace Cutler with him!
He's definitely impressive with his feet, I was also looking at it from the standpoint of what the Bucs will need (my team) and that will almost certainly be a pocket passer. Like I said I only watched him that game so I might think differently had I seen the whole season

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
He's definitely impressive with his feet, I was also looking at it from the standpoint of what the Bucs will need (my team) and that will almost certainly be a pocket passer. Like I said I only watched him that game so I might think differently had I seen the whole season
So because you believe the bucs need a pocket passer with limited mobility, you aren't impressed with the landslide Heisman winner who just destroyed an undefeated FSU? Help me understand that logic, because what I and the rest of the nation sees is a beast at the QB position.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So because you believe the bucs need a pocket passer with limited mobility, you aren't impressed with the landslide Heisman winner who just destroyed an undefeated FSU? Help me understand that logic, because what I and the rest of the nation sees is a beast at the QB position.
He's a beast QB in a college system against college players. I don't see him translating too well to the NFL, even with the perfect system.