Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Ran tonight did 2 1/4 miles felt nice I'm gonna see how it goes but might just do 3 days a week until I drop some weight. 260 on the knees doesn't really feel all that great.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Get it BC! I tried cardio for a little while...hated it! Lol

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Get it BC! I tried cardio for a little while...hated it! Lol
I actually enjoy running, not as much right now because i weigh so much, but this time last year I was weighing about 230 and I could run for miles no problem.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I actually enjoy running, not as much right now because i weigh so much, but this time last year I was weighing about 230 and I could run for miles no problem.
That's like me, expect I drive my miles

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Screwed up last night and grabbed a mixing bowl someone put on the grill at work last night. So I have a nice little burn on my pointer finger and on the palm of my hand. Today's legs though so shouldn't be a big deal.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Screwed up last night and grabbed a mixing bowl someone put on the grill at work last night. So I have a nice little burn on my pointer finger and on the palm of my hand. Today's legs though so shouldn't be a big deal.
Come on BC, you know hot stuff burns!
Lol smoke dem legs!

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Did chest yesterday, went really well. Not getting the same pumps I was when I was doing bodybuilding bench but that's to be expected. Plus I never really bought into the you have to get a pump or your not really growing the muscle.

I was a little worried about legs today because my lower back had some Doms going on from Monday. The routine went fairly well though rounded my back a little on my last rep of 335, but other then that went well. Gonna go for 345 for 3 maybe next week but most likely gonna wait one to two more weeks.

I'm pretty happy with how my strength and energy are staying. Hopefully this is how I stay the whole cycle.

Tuesday: chest & bi's
Bb press 205x3, 225x3, 225x3, 235x3, 235x3
Incline db press 60x14, 70x10, 75x8
Decline db press 70x10, 75x8, 80x6
Pec dec 150x10, 155x8, 155x8
Db curls 35x12, 40x10, 45x8
Cable bb curls 115x15, 120x11, 125x9
Db preacher 30x12, 35x8, 40x5
Db hammer curls 35x10, 40x8, 45x6

Quads & abs
Leg ex (warm up) 90x18, 100x16
Squats 275x3, 315x3, 315x3, 335x3, 335x3
Db lunges 35x12, 40x8, 45x6
Front squats 165x12, 175x8, 180x6
Leg ex (3sec/3sec) 105x12, 110x10, 115x9
Leg raises 14,11,10
V-ups body weight x 18, 5x15, 10x7

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Sounds like the beginning of back pumps. Make sure you're taking about 5 g of taurine throughout the day. Stuff is magic

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the beginning of back pumps. Make sure you're taking about 5 g of taurine throughout the day. Stuff is magic
No I have had back pumps with SD. Lol you can tell the difference if you ask me, but I do have some taurine on the ready.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Did another 2 1/4 mile run today, shaved 18 seconds off my mile already to. Which really isn't saying much considering my mile is at 10:15 lol.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Did another 2 1/4 mile run today, shaved 18 seconds off my mile already to. Which really isn't saying much considering my mile is at 10:15 lol.
Bro, I teach phys ed. 1015 mile beats 40% of 17 year olds

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Was a little tired today, but sucked it up threw on some megadeath and told my body to shut up.

Shoulders & tri's
Rear db flys 40x14, 45x10, 50x8
Bb press 110x12, 115x10, 120x8
Cable behind back lat raises 25x13, 30x10, 35x8
High rope pulls 80x12, 85x10, 90x8
Weight assisted dips 30x12, 25x9, 20x7
Skull crushers 80x11, 85x8, 90x4, 70x6
V-bar press downs (standing erect none of that bent over bulls---) 135x13, 140x10, 145x10

All and all it was a solid day just one more to go then I got the weekend off. This weekend I'm not gonna f up so hard and cheat.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Today was a day that separated the hobbyist from the lifer. Woke up tired as hell didn't want to do anything cause I new I had to go into work tonight and work 10 hours in 120 degree heat. Sucked it up and got it done. Now I have two days off to recover for week 3.

PhatBoy07

Awards
Today was a day that separated the hobbyist from the lifer. Woke up tired as hell didn't want to do anything cause I new I had to go into work tonight and work 10 hours in 120 degree heat. Sucked it up and got it done. Now I have two days off to recover for week 3.
120 degrees, Where you from big C? Sounds like your from AZ also?

keep up the good work man.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
120 degrees, Where you from big C? Sounds like your from AZ also?

keep up the good work man.
In a kitchen standing next to a 12-1,400 degree grill, I'm a chef. Worse then Arizona to, Michigan 85 with 90 percent humidity.

PhatBoy07

Awards
In a kitchen standing next to a 12-1,400 degree grill, I'm a chef. Worse then Arizona to, Michigan 85 with 90 percent humidity.
Oh i see.... Humidity like that, would kill me! Born and raised in the dry heat of az.

On a side note, i just bought some "super dmz 2.0" today. So, i havent decided if ima run that, or a Epi/stano run. Im gunna wait and see your results.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Oh i see.... Humidity like that, would kill me! Born and raised in the dry heat of az.

On a side note, i just bought some "super dmz 2.0" today. So, i havent decided if ima run that, or a Epi/stano run. Im gunna wait and see your results.
I'm really liking it so far, my last cycle was DMZ. DMZ was great for strength and over all mass, but so far the Epi/stano stack has been great for keeping my energy levels up with going low carb. I tried doing a low carb diet around April and just couldn't handle it with my training routine, but I feel a lot better now. Even today when I was really tired I still was able to push myself like crazy.

PhatBoy07

Awards
Yea, im looking for strength gains as of rite now. But that changes daily.....

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
i saw a few days ago you were talkin about lower back pain/back pumps.. is that still around or are did you start the taurine?
im dosing 5g pre workout just to be preventative!

started epi/stano/tren yesterday

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Nope went away, it was just some soreness from back on Monday .

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Yea, im looking for strength gains as of rite now. But that changes daily.....
If your looking for strength DMZ/stano might be a fun little combo. I have read a few guys say stano off sets the lethargy.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Burned the s*** out of my body at the beach yesterday, some how I actually managed to burn my calfs?!? So backs gonna be loads of fun today lol.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Burned the s*** out of my body at the beach yesterday, some how I actually managed to burn my calfs?!? So backs gonna be loads of fun today lol.
Haha been there before! Yikes your in for a ride man

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Last week was really crappy, only made it into the gym two days. I tweaked something in my lower back on week 2 friday, i think it was during good mornings. So last week was a pretty big waste, but I set up a chiropractor meeting for Saturday. My back is just about good but I'm gonna stay away from really heavy lower back work this week.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Last week was really crappy, only made it into the gym two days. I tweaked something in my lower back on week 2 friday, i think it was during good mornings. So last week was a pretty big waste, but I set up a chiropractor meeting for Saturday. My back is just about good but I'm gonna stay away from really heavy lower back work this week.
Ouch dude good luck snapping back lol... my wife ( who is a physical therapist) says that a chiropractor can do more harm than good in the long run so try no to make it a habit. Something to do with constant adjustments wear down discs and such.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Ouch dude good luck snapping back lol... my wife ( who is a physical therapist) says that a chiropractor can do more harm than good in the long run so try no to make it a habit. Something to do with constant adjustments wear down discs and such.
If she's referring to the old wives tale, like cracking your knuckles will cause arthritis then she is mistaken. There have been many studies showing that cracking joints does not raise your chance of getting arthritis/ effect joints. But those are just the studies I know of if she has anything else please shoot it over my way, I kind of like my back and would like to keep it healthy for life.

macdady

macdady

Awards
If she's referring to the old wives tale, like cracking your knuckles will cause arthritis then she is mistaken. There have been many studies showing that cracking joints does not raise your chance of getting arthritis/ effect joints. But those are just the studies I know of if she has anything else please shoot it over my way, I kind of like my back and would like to keep it healthy for life.
Lol no not the cracking knuckles wives tale. But she does say its not too good either lol... she gets the patients from chiropractors that have adjusted and adjusted the patient to the point where the chiropractor won't adjust them anymore because constant and frequent adjustments have weakened say the discs of the the spine so they end up getting sent to physical therapy(the chiropractors will send them themselves telling them this). I'll have to ask her what exactly causes it, because I usually get bored when she starts explaining things and don't listen 100% lol... they were taught about it in school. She doesn't believe its crazy voodoo or anything, she says they can help but only for so long before they end up doing more damage than good. I do enjoy being married to her cause I get free professional stretching and therapy sessions if I do hurt myself doing something stupid at work lol

macdady

macdady

Awards
Not trying to tell you not to go, but from her field experience and dealing with doctors and chiropractors and her schooling this is what she's told me. Just don't make it a habit to go lol. They have some crazy stretches and exercises to help a back in the PT field lol. A lot of assisted stretches

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Lol no not the cracking knuckles wives tale. But she does say its not too good either lol... she gets the patients from chiropractors that have adjusted and adjusted the patient to the point where the chiropractor won't adjust them anymore because constant and frequent adjustments have weakened say the discs of the the spine so they end up getting sent to physical therapy(the chiropractors will send them themselves telling them this). I'll have to ask her what exactly causes it, because I usually get bored when she starts explaining things and don't listen 100% lol... they were taught about it in school. She doesn't believe its crazy voodoo or anything, she says they can help but only for so long before they end up doing more damage than good. I do enjoy being married to her cause I get free professional stretching and therapy sessions if I do hurt myself doing something stupid at work lol
Wow that's crazy, never heard that before. I have always been interested in going to a chiropractor so that's why I made an appointment. So we will see how this visit goes, I have always had a healthy back so I wasn't planning on making this a habitual activity. Plus it's not even my spine that is hurting its the muscle group to the lower left.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Well one time won't hurt lol... its hard to find a good PT or PTA(physical therapist assistant) these days. But the nice thing if you can find one is not only do they work with you they also can give you a home plan with stretches and exercises to do on your own... there's a reason professional athletes go to physical therapy not a chiropractor when they get hurt lol. The clinic my wife works at actually has a isolated area and full gym too for athletes . I workout there sometimes after hours, they have a power rack a squat rack 5-120 dB's and a bench lol. Plus a whole assortment of machines(they do the athletes 1 on 1). Its pretty cool

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Beware...dem chiros want you there every week Forever

macdady

macdady

Awards
Beware...dem chiros want you there every week Forever
I think they should be regulated better. Because they knowingly "fix" you until they break you lol. And they won't admit it till they have done it, then shuffle you off to someone who could have helped you in the first place.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Back went good today, cut it a little short didn't do abs just so my back could rest up more.

image-484725165.jpg

Got home decided to take a hot bath to try and relax the muscle. As I was getting out for some reason I thought I weighed about 150 less then I do. So I decided to grab the soap holder to help prop myself out of the tub. Ended up ripping the holder and two tiles out if the wall.

Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, I started foam rolling my back today. Seems to be helping a little, also started taking taurine just incase.

macdady

macdady

Awards
I really hope thats not bear wood in that wall mister lol... also I hope you didn't hurt your back worse than it already was.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I really hope thats not bear wood in that wall mister lol... also I hope you didn't hurt your back worse than it already was.
Lol nope it's drywall, I live in a apartment so no worries just gonna call up the landlord and tell them the dang thing just came loose lol.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Lol nope it's drywall, I live in a apartment so no worries just gonna call up the landlord and tell them the dang thing just came loose lol.
Ah lol where the 2 pieces of tile are missing looks like wood, oh well. How's the back now?

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Ah lol where the 2 pieces of tile are missing looks like wood, oh well. How's the back now?
Still hurts, gonna take today off. If its feeling the same tomorrow I might cut my cycle short no point in wasting 120 worth of product.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Damn dude that bad? That sucks, I wouldn't give up just yet lol

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Damn dude that bad? That sucks, I wouldn't give up just yet lol
Not giving up, just rather save the product for when I'm top notch. I don't need ph's to train there just a fun little added benefit lol.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Not giving up, just rather save the product for when I'm top notch. I don't need ph's to train there just a fun little added benefit lol.
True. what are you 3ish weeks in? Could just buy another bottle and wait a bit lol

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
True. what are you 3ish weeks in? Could just buy another bottle and wait a bit lol
Was actually thinking of doing that, just dropping the dose down for the week then pop it back up

macdady

macdady

Awards
Doesn't sound like a bad plan

macdady

macdady

Awards
One thing I've always wondered is what sort of effect taking a pro hormone or designer steroid would have on someone who doesn't workout... always wanted to try it out by not working out for like a month while doing a cycle.... but alas I'm not dumb or wasteful enough to try it. If it would have negative effects no effects or possibly have a slight muscle building effect through every day activities on someone who has a physically demanding job. Its been floating around in my head for awhile

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Been foam rolling 3 times a day and stretching. Backs starting to get better should be good by Monday. I'm going to go real light next week then try and hit it hard for the last four weeks of my cycle. Kind of really disappointed wanted to try and shed some decent weight, but not looking like its gonna happen this time round. Think I'm gonna just skip cutting, and just go into winter mode. I'm not gonna gain weight just stay where I'm at.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Going insane not being able to train.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Feeling pretty good, I'm at about 90 percent today. I just have a slight pinch in the muscle now. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and it was a pretty cool experience. She said my spine is almost in perfect condition, and I wasn't out of alinement at all. She said theres really no need for me to go to a chiropractor but once a month visits would be alright if I wanted to continue going.

I plan on starting back up tomorrow but going really light this week. Then I'm gonna hit it hard for the last four weeks of my cycle.