Biceps pain?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My right biceps is bothering me, it could be some biceps tendinitis, the pain is in the lower biceps/forearm area. All direct biceps hurt and all pulling, straight pushing is fine but not over head. My physical therapist said to work it lightly with negatives but it seems to just aggravate it more. It’s very irritating.

Anyone had anything similar and if so what did you do?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My right biceps is bothering me, it could be some biceps tendinitis, the pain is in the lower biceps/forearm area. All direct biceps hurt and all pulling, straight pushing is fine but not over head. My physical therapist said to work it lightly with negatives but it seems to just aggravate it more. It’s very irritating.

Anyone had anything similar and if so what did you do?
@ZOO

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My stuff is nerve related. If you didn't experience an injury preceding the onset of pain then you likely have tendinitis. Best to stop doing curls (or any other exercises that cause it pain) for a minute and let it heal up until it no longer hurts. No sense in worsening it. Your arm gains won't disappear from it. Trust a guy who can only do 10-15 lb dumbbells when his arm is feeling "good enough."

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My stuff is nerve related. If you didn't experience an injury preceding the onset of pain then you likely have tendinitis. Best to stop doing curls (or any other exercises that cause it pain) for a minute and let it heal up until it no longer hurts. No sense in worsening it. Your arm gains won't disappear from it. Trust a guy who can only do 10-15 lb dumbbells when his arm is feeling "good enough."
Thanks, yeah I figured rest is the best even though it sucks... :( I can live without direct bicep work (I barley do any anyway) but it’s annoying to not be able to do any rowing, pull ups and such... oh well, hopefully it heals fast, thanks for your input.