Beverly International Creatine Select

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I've been looking into this creatine since it was around the same price or even a lil cheaper than creapure or micronized creatine. I noticed it has 300mg of sodium phosphate in it, I looked into it and it says sodium phosphate is used for colon cleansing. Why would a supplement company put something like this in a product?

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Beverly is an old school supp company IMO

I would recommend magnesium creatine chelate or Green Mag for that matter. It contains MCC, creatine malate, taurine and betaine. Dark Matter is even better for size and strength if you don't mind all the extra carbs. It's more pricey but great for muscle fullness and recovery

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beverly is an old school supp company IMO

I would recommend magnesium creatine chelate or Green Mag for that matter. It contains MCC, creatine malate, taurine and betaine. Dark Matter is even better for size and strength if you don't mind all the extra carbs. It's more pricey but great for muscle fullness and recovery
Not a fan of either, used to run green mag in the past, messes up my GI like any other creatine without much benefit. Mono or mono blends seem to work the best for me even if they are harsh on my stomach. Would take HCL but not much benefit from that either and to be honest it still fucks with my stomach a lil, if I go over 3 grams might as well run monohydrate because it gives me the shits just like 5 grams of mono. I'm on a cut right now so I have to pass on Dark Matter or Size On; I love those products always gave me good results at the gym; but I work out fasted in the morning and fast all the way into the afternoon.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
SNS is the only creatine I could ever tolerate. They have two kinds and both work for me.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS is the only creatine I could ever tolerate. They have two kinds and both work for me.
best ones i have found as well .. if u can find them stock em up

soon ill have to go to mybackup creatine

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not a fan of either, used to run green mag in the past, messes up my GI like any other creatine without much benefit. Mono or mono blends seem to work the best for me even if they are harsh on my stomach. Would take HCL but not much benefit from that either and to be honest it still fucks with my stomach a lil, if I go over 3 grams might as well run monohydrate because it gives me the shits just like 5 grams of mono. I'm on a cut right now so I have to pass on Dark Matter or Size On; I love those products always gave me good results at the gym; but I work out fasted in the morning and fast all the way into the afternoon.
Interesting. I always keep 1000 mg Tudca in the mix and seems to alleviate any gut issue for me. Im currently taking 15 mg combined MCC and creatine malate from Green Mag and getting crazy fullness and vascularity. I'm also stacking that with Phosphatic Acid around 1000 mg

I still get nice muscle fullness and pumps with Monohydrate but accompanied by water weight, unlike MCC or Malate

Agreed on HCL it did nothing for me

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
FWIW cellucor used to use it as part of an absorption matrix. I’d assume this brand is following the same logic rather than anything nefarious.

Rough image but it’s what I can find of the old formula that includes it

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beverly is a trusted and time tested brand, all of their products are top notch. Especially their proteins, which at one time (still may be) sold to many in the medical community. Creatine select is creatine plus phosphates, which you can approximate by taking micronized creatine mono + IP6, or inositol hexaphosphate.

There are many benefits of using each, from performance enhancement to general health. IP6 is very under-rated IMO, as it approximates what beta-alanine does without the weeks (or months) of loading. It will squelch lactate nicely when working quickly between sets, and allow you to do more work per unit of time than you otherwise could. As the name implies, it's also an excellent source of phosphates to stack with creatine.

FUN FACT: Twinlab used to have a best seller called, "Phos Fuel". It was one of the first phosphate loading type supplements, and you could actually see a difference in your numbers. Unclear if it's still being sold...

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Beverly is a trusted and time tested brand, all of their products are top notch. Especially their proteins, which at one time (still may be) sold to many in the medical community. Creatine select is creatine plus phosphates, which you can approximate by taking micronized creatine mono + IP6, or inositol hexaphosphate.

There are many benefits of using each, from performance enhancement to general health. IP6 is very under-rated IMO, as it approximates what beta-alanine does without the weeks (or months) of loading. It will squelch lactate nicely when working quickly between sets, and allow you to do more work per unit of time than you otherwise could. As the name implies, it's also an excellent source of phosphates to stack with creatine.

FUN FACT: Twinlab used to have a best seller called, "Phos Fuel". It was one of the first phosphate loading type supplements, and you could actually see a difference in your numbers. Unclear if it's still being sold...
Beverly is over priced and outdated. The medical community is not even relevant to what were talking about. It's bizarre to put phosphates in an absorption matrix. They are preservatives and not recognized by the body. Therefore they accumulate in the body and cause all kinds of health issues. Phosphates are used in manufacturing. Things like laundry detergent man.

I'm not questioning the quality of their products, but I would still make sure to read the label so I'm not ingesting manufacturing ingredients

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Beverly is over priced and outdated. The medical community is not even relevant to what were talking about. It's bizarre to put phosphates in an absorption matrix. They are preservatives and not recognized by the body. Therefore they accumulate in the body and cause all kinds of health issues. Phosphates are used in manufacturing. Things like laundry detergent man.

I'm not questioning the quality of their products, but I would still make sure to read the label so I'm not ingesting manufacturing ingredients
Just because an ingredient is used in “manufacturing” doesn’t make it inherently unsafe. Pretty much every white colored medicine, supplement, toothpaste anyone uses has titanium dioxide in it. That ingredient is also in paint, sunscreen, and tons of other non-food products. There are some shady supplement companies out there, but both of the companies posted above are very reputable. They aren’t just putting random chemicals in products.

ugsavage

ugsavage

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just because an ingredient is used in “manufacturing” doesn’t make it inherently unsafe. Pretty much every white colored medicine, supplement, toothpaste anyone uses has titanium dioxide in it. That ingredient is also in paint, sunscreen, and tons of other non-food products. There are some shady supplement companies out there, but both of the companies posted above are very reputable. They aren’t just putting random chemicals in products.
Well phosphates specifically are used as a preservative in food. They are found in probably half the shelf at the grocery store. The FDA allows all kinds of chemicals in food. You can drink cases and cases of RTD's thinking your being healthy when in reality your ingesting 3 different kinds of phosphates

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
50Magnum Supplements 7
Supplements 13
sporticuz Supplements 27
rulk22 Supplement Logs 0
Supplements 17