Best veggie?

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
If you HAD to choose ONE vegetable to eat what would it be? Like what do you think the healthiest, micro nutrient dense, best bodybuilding veggie?

dougefresh93

dougefresh93

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll try it thanks. Steam the spinach?
I make a salad with baby spinach, some onions, there's those Snappea Crisp (by the salad dressing in the store) that I love, and Walden farms 0 Cal Chipotle Ranch and a few other dressings that's awesome as well.

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Good ****. I want a veggie to put in my food boxes. Rice+chicken+then veggie. I know I should I get a wide variety and I do but specifically for the box

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Broccoli FTW!!

DeBoe40

DeBoe40

Awards
How long do you cook Brussel sprouts in the bacon grease. I don't like those either but everything is good with bacon

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For taste it would be asparagus. Collards a close second.

Healthiest? Avocado, hands down.

dougefresh93

dougefresh93

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How long do you cook Brussel sprouts in the bacon grease. I don't like those either but everything is good with bacon
I slice the Spouts in 1/2 and fry with onions for maybe 10 minutes, they'll turn golden brown, add black pepper as well.
That's how I clear out the squat rack.
That was you tonight?

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Went with spinach. Broccoli gets old tho. The butcher was closed so I didn't get chicken breasts but I did get some shrimpies!

Clayton Ray

Clayton Ray

Awards
I am an endurance athlete and very dependent upon respiration for energy. Open leaf lettuces offer proper alkaline ph balance for energy expenditure. I AMA salad junkie

F

Fat2Strong

Awards
Brussel sprouts.

Slice in half lengthwise.
Toss with Olive oil, salt, and pepper
Throw in oven at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes

You're welcome!

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Lentils. Those things are gods amongst veges

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Next I'd say avocado but technically it's a fruit that just pretends to be a vegetable.

E

enraged_chris

Awards
The problem with this question is that there really is no healthiest veggie. If you neglect certain types of vegetables you'll end up nutrient deficient. Taste wise... brussels sprouts and avocado are up there as favorites and also nutrition. I love beans too, of all sorts.