Best time for a big cheat meal?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
When's the best time of the day to eat a big tasty totally unhealthy meal filled w/ high glycemic carbs and saturated fat (like a double cheese, double pepperoni pizza w/ sausage)?

Like right now, my damn roommate just brought home my favorite kind of pizza. I've already decided I'm going to eat it, but I'd like to minimize the damage. Should I lift first, then eat it, or eat it before my workout, or wait and eat it later? Just wondering. Damn roommates...

cgcrz8

Awards
In my opinion, I say eat AFTER lifting because most of all the carbs you eat in your post-workout meal, whether complex or simple, will be incorporated into your glycogen stores in your muscle first before storing as fat. Also not saying its good but IF YOU HAVE TO eat pizza with all the pepperoni, sausage, cheese and fat, the protein (even though not the best sources) and calories are OK. But as always, moderation moderation moderation.

Jay Mc

Awards
allow smaller cheat meals more frequently so you don't have huge binges. Chances are your smaller planned cheats will be as frequent as your large frequent benges....net effect you eat fewer calories and dont become a fat ass

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is also a school of thought to do so before a big/heavy workout for partioning purposes. When I used to keto I would start my card/refeed 6-12hours before the begining of my w/o spit and refeed for 24-36+ hours. JMO

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking the high fat content would not be good post-wo b/c you are already getting that insulin surge from the workout, and you don't want to fill your bloodstream with fatty acids, where the insulin can store that **** all over your body. I could be way off; just my $.02

If it were only a carb cheat you'd be able to get away with it.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't have a huge cheat meal with a high fat content Post WO either .. beowulf is right

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking the high fat content would not be good post-wo b/c you are already getting that insulin surge from the workout, and you don't want to fill your bloodstream with fatty acids, where the insulin can store that **** all over your body. I could be way off; just my $.02

If it were only a carb cheat you'd be able to get away with it.
Yeah...I'm with this train of thought as well.