Best Summer Strength program for athletes?

TRPV14

Awards
Hey guys really appreciate any help or expertise you can share

I'm 22, off season decathlete and I'm trying to put together a good full body strength program for the summer, hopefully 8- 12 weeks. My overall goal is all around explosive strength. My background is in sprinting so I need to pack on some pecs and shoulders for events like the shot-put, discuss, ect. I don’t start competing till the winter so I’m really trying to put on some good base strength without losing speed or agility, definitely not trying to get huge, but if it comes with a good ratio of strength size isn’t bad. I’ve been searching around but haven’t been able to really nail down any one program, would really appreciate any help or advice.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys really appreciate any help or expertise you can share

I'm 22, off season decathlete and I'm trying to put together a good full body strength program for the summer, hopefully 8- 12 weeks. My overall goal is all around explosive strength. My background is in sprinting so I need to pack on some pecs and shoulders for events like the shot-put, discuss, ect. I don’t start competing till the winter so I’m really trying to put on some good base strength without losing speed or agility, definitely not trying to get huge, but if it comes with a good ratio of strength size isn’t bad. I’ve been searching around but haven’t been able to really nail down any one program, would really appreciate any help or advice.
Why don't you just get your coach to individualize a training programme specifically for your goals and needs, to work on your weaknesses, etc. and anything that you need to improve on for your "in-season" - that's what coaches and trainers are for. Otherwise you could follow a generic training programme, but I don't recommend it, since you want everything you do to be SPECIFIC to YOU.

~Rosie~

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All the power in those events is generated in the hips, not the shoulders. Train your lower body.