best stimulant for powerlifting

mylo

mylo

Awards
alright, to keep it short i was a stimulant abuser (tweaker) for a while (now clean), mainly adderall, and i know it's EXTREMELY catabolic, so amphetamines are out of the question but which of these less potent stimulants would be best? NOT for recreational purposes, just to push the limits.

the ones i noticed weren't as catabolic and don't raise heart rate as much are

methylphenidate
modafinil
caffeine
yohimbe (though this one made my heart feel like it was going to explode)

i've got bench on monday and i feel like going all out on it. also if there's any tips on avoiding adderall catabolism or any less catabolic stimulants feel free to suggest, thanks :)

bulk up man

Awards
Do a shot of coffee. That is what I do before my workout.
I use strong sumatran coffee though.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
^good advice... except hes 140lbs and that was his 5th post..... not sure what advice id take from someone whose name is "bulk up man"

1,3 dimethylamylamine is by far the best otc stimulant i have used for strength/agression/endurance
caffiene = enuff said

you could try PEA.. but unless i take a monster dose, i dont feel it

not sure how much your trying to roll dice, but ephedrine is nice too..

i was more of a garbage head than a tweaker.... i personally liked downers TBH

my favorite is geranium+caffiene+loud music+bad mood

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Im old...humor me here. I went through a powerlifting phase, did a bench competition what not. Back then the big thing was the iodine stuff u sniff, like the stuff u wave in front of someones nose when they are unconscious and ur trying to wake them up. You used to take a big ol whiff of that then grip it and rip it!

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Awards
I know what you mean. The stuff used to be called "locker room"

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
snort ammonia inhalants before youre gonna max

Tmno

Tmno

Awards
Caffeine builds up tolerance fast. Make sure you cycle the hell out of it.

mylo

mylo

Awards
yeah i've heard that smelling salts are VERY effective and since it's not really a psychoactive shouldn't develop tolerance but i also need something that provides endurance. i drink monster 1 time a month before bench and it makes me a lifting machine, but it stops having this effect the longer i use it, that's why i was asking if anyone knew about something less popular. i still have a concerta laying around but i'm not sure if add meds are a good choice due to the fact they release cortisol like crazy.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
if caffiene makes you a lifting machine then try a caffiene+dmaa combo, youll be more then impressed.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i like:
1,3 dimethylamylamine 20-40mg with 100-200mg caffeine
or for a OTC product:
E-911
N2KTS
ASGT

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if u dont wana take a supplement or something like that, just eat sugar and carbs before you lift....sounds dumb but i do that when im not taking a stim product. just dont take too much sugar so if u happen to start to crash during the workout, its not as bad.

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
1, 3 dimeth. Turns me into a lunatic for some reason lol

11B_IRQ_VET

11B_IRQ_VET

Awards
IMO dexaprine has all the ingredients above basically,i have a high tolerance too stimulants but i took one of my girls dexaprines holy hell i had a cup of coffee and felt like i drank the hole pot,didnt even think about food which im personally not shooting for cuz im trying too bulk.but seriously dexaprine is legal meth lol great sell right now too on np

ICRob0351

Awards
Honestly man, from a medical stand point, the best thing you can do is make sure you're well rested and AVOID all stimulants during your workout. Your sympathetic nervous system is already under a considerable amount of stress while you're power-lifting, and that means your heart rate is greatly increased, your respiratory rate and blood pressure are also increased. Along with that, your body releases a natural stimulant more powerful than anything you can take, called epinephrine. Adding stimulants to your body while doing an intense cardiovascular workout puts a considerable amount of stress on your heart, and regardless of whether or not you're a well trained athlete, can be very dangerous. While caffeine may even seem benign, it can cause mild to significant arrhythmia (abnormal heartbeat), and the more powerful stuff only increases the risk. I know this is probably not the answer you wanted, but as a healthcare provider I feel obligated to make sure you know the risks. I am also talking from experience, and I used drink quite a bit of caffeine (red line) while I lifted, and had several scary instances where I had moments of really uncomfortable heart palpitations that I could directly link to the caffeine use, because once I stopped it, it never happened again. Anyway, good luck lifting, and if you do keep using stimulants use them in moderation and be careful.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly man, from a medical stand point, the best thing you can do is make sure you're well rested and AVOID all stimulants during your workout. Your sympathetic nervous system is already under a considerable amount of stress while you're power-lifting, and that means your heart rate is greatly increased, your respiratory rate and blood pressure are also increased. Along with that, your body releases a natural stimulant more powerful than anything you can take, called epinephrine. Adding stimulants to your body while doing an intense cardiovascular workout puts a considerable amount of stress on your heart, and regardless of whether or not you're a well trained athlete, can be very dangerous. While caffeine may even seem benign, it can cause mild to significant arrhythmia (abnormal heartbeat), and the more powerful stuff only increases the risk. I know this is probably not the answer you wanted, but as a healthcare provider I feel obligated to make sure you know the risks. I am also talking from experience, and I used drink quite a bit of caffeine (red line) while I lifted, and had several scary instances where I had moments of really uncomfortable heart palpitations that I could directly link to the caffeine use, because once I stopped it, it never happened again. Anyway, good luck lifting, and if you do keep using stimulants use them in moderation and be careful.
Redline has a big dose of Y-HCl, which is what gave you those feelings.

ICRob0351

Awards
Redline has a big dose of Y-HCl, which is what gave you those feelings.
It also happened with Red Bull, Iced Coffee, and NO-Explode... All caffeine containing substances. So I don't think it was the Y-HCL, although I'm sure it didn't help any.