Best Routine?

Snaeem155

Awards
Hi All,

Currently I do 3x weight sessions a week (Tues, Thurs and Sat) and 3 Cardio sessions a week (Mon, Fri, Sun).

Run a total of 7-8 miles a week.

What would be most effective to keep as is or to run before my weight sessions?

Made some dietary changes and am taking SNS Lean Edge and Recomp20 and in 2.5 weeks I'm down 5lbs so making good progress.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Only you can answer the questions IMO. The most effective routines are the ones that are enjoyed the most by the person doing them. No one can tell you which one is better for "You". It provides enjoyment, sustainability, and results...

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya like mentioned above you'll need to weigh what you like with what seems to work and keeps you going.

Your current schedule is fine, theoretically separating the cardio and the weights would be best, but again you have to manage what works with your schedule and enjoyment.

If the training seems to be working keep with it as the dietary changes are going to be what leads to changes in weight. Just finding the right balance of caloric intake with training to make sure you can still recover and continue to see progress.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The best routine is the one you can stick to and progress in weight and strength. If your new 3 days may be enough. Sooner or later you will probably want to do 4-5 days.

Same goes for diet, The best diet is the one you're gonna stick to.

Seeing how your running 7-8 miles a week id probably stick with a 3 day full body or a 4 day upper/lower or ppl.

It's really just a matter of preference And how much dedication you can put into it

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hi All,

Currently I do 3x weight sessions a week (Tues, Thurs and Sat) and 3 Cardio sessions a week (Mon, Fri, Sun).

Run a total of 7-8 miles a week.

What would be most effective to keep as is or to run before my weight sessions?

Made some dietary changes and am taking SNS Lean Edge and Recomp20 and in 2.5 weeks I'm down 5lbs so making good progress.
I'm assumming your goal is to lose weight? Diet will definitely be the most contributing factor but if you're doing 3 cardio sessions per week and you're getting 8 miles that's about two and a half miles per session. you could increase that slightly to burn more calories on those days if it were me.