Best NooTropic?

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys

Definitely need some nootropics in my life.

Previously I have used Alpha Brain by Onnit which were fantastic but so pricey.

What is the best Nootropic out there currently? Reps for all help, thank you!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys

If we're talking single products (not combining several products or ingredients in bulk), I'd go with Olympus Labs ELIX1R. Focus XT is another pretty good option, but I like the inclusion of herbal extracts in ELIX1R.

IMO, ELIX1R >>>>> Alpha Brain, and it shouldn't even be close.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Olympus labs ELIX1R does look very well formulated as mentioned above. I personally put together my own, but realize that it might be more of a pain for some people to do it that way. Also, as you will note below OL's ELIX1R already contains many of my personal staples:

1.) CDP-Choline: I realize many prefer Alpha-GPC (a close 2nd for me), but I am acutely aware of more benefits when I am dosing CDP. Again, can't go wrong with A-GPC here either, but choose one or the other for a choline source.

2.) Bacopa: Get a standardized extra and dose between 300-600mg per day. This is a staple for me.

3.) Ashwagandha: This I take primarily for decreased stress and overall well-being. I just plain feel better when I'm taking it and as a result, I am more productive. I suggest taking Sensoril or KSM-66 (my personal favorite).

4.) Oxiracetam or Aniracetam: This one is more of a personal preference and finding what works best for you. I have found that oxiracetam works best for my pursuits, but I have helped friends setup stacks and some prefer Aniracetam.

5.) Phenylpiracetam (As needed): This is not something I take more than 1-2 x/week, but when you need an extra kick in the pants this does the trick. Definitely not something I would suggest using as a crutch, but it is sure nice to have it there.

6.) Stimulants: I'll leave this a bit more wide-open, as I know many people have their own preferences here. I'm not opposed to using a pre-made "fat-burning pill" or something that you enjoy here. I personally like a caffeine/theanine combo and potentially throw in sulbutiamine for some extra kick.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd recommend giving phenibut xt by sns a try. its worked wonders for me and I really like it.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't seem I can get Elix1r in the UK :(

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
OL ELIX1R looks like a very decent option that is heavier on the stim side - that makes a good option, IMO, for needing a large kick up the backside.

Focus XT is another great option which focuses on daily use ingredients that optimise mental function. You can certainly add racetams to the mix or Noopept for those times you really need it, however as a base (and can also be caffeine free for a late night option), it is pretty much unbeatable - especially at the price you can commonly find it at.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Olympus labs ELIX1R does look very well formulated as mentioned above. I personally put together my own, but realize that it might be more of a pain for some people to do it that way. Also, as you will note below OL's ELIX1R already contains many of my personal staples:

1.) CDP-Choline: I realize many prefer Alpha-GPC (a close 2nd for me), but I am acutely aware of more benefits when I am dosing CDP. Again, can't go wrong with A-GPC here either, but choose one or the other for a choline source.

2.) Bacopa: Get a standardized extra and dose between 300-600mg per day. This is a staple for me.

3.) Ashwagandha: This I take primarily for decreased stress and overall well-being. I just plain feel better when I'm taking it and as a result, I am more productive. I suggest taking Sensoril or KSM-66 (my personal favorite).

4.) Oxiracetam or Aniracetam: This one is more of a personal preference and finding what works best for you. I have found that oxiracetam works best for my pursuits, but I have helped friends setup stacks and some prefer Aniracetam.

5.) Phenylpiracetam (As needed): This is not something I take more than 1-2 x/week, but when you need an extra kick in the pants this does the trick. Definitely not something I would suggest using as a crutch, but it is sure nice to have it there.

6.) Stimulants: I'll leave this a bit more wide-open, as I know many people have their own preferences here. I'm not opposed to using a pre-made "fat-burning pill" or something that you enjoy here. I personally like a caffeine/theanine combo and potentially throw in sulbutiamine for some extra kick.
Good post! :)

I also make my own blend, but I have to admit it can be a bit of a pain in the ass at times, haha.

CDP-Choline is also my favorite choline source. Alpha-GPC is nice as well, but I give the edge to CDP, if only because I've seen some relevant studies showing cognitive benefits with as little as 250mg. When I don't use CDP, I tend to use choline bitartrate, which is a cheaper choline source than CDP or GPC, but is still pretty good, and it also has at least 1 study showing some cognitive related benefits, as well as other potential athletic/body composition benefits. If you're looking to keep costs down, but you still want a choline source (especially if you're taking a racetam), bitartrate isn't a bad choice.

Bacopa and ashwagandha are staples for me as well. I aim for 165-176mg bacosides (300-320mg of a 55% extract), and 30mg withanolides (600mg of a 5% extract), although doses as low as 9mg withanolides (600mg of a 1.5% extract) have been shown to be effective at reducing anxiety. KSM-66 is very nice.

I typically stick with plain-old piracetam as my racetam, but perhaps that is because I mostly use it for my classes, which tend to be very math/physics oriented (civil engineering major), while aniracetam is (anecdotally at least) touted as being better for creativity/writing type activities. Again, piracetam has a few studies showing benefits in healthy individuals, which is nice, and helped me figure out how to dose it (2.4g 1-2x daily).

I really like caffeine + theanine, and adding ornithine HCL is even better IMO.

Rhodiola is another great ingredient for reducing fatigue (and it has acute exercise benefits). Doses as low as 1.4mg salidroside have been effective in studies, although higher doses (9mg salidroside) have also been used successfully, although 13.5mg salidroside wasn't significantly more effective than 9mg, so there's no real need to go beyond that dose, especially if cost is an issue.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Im really just looking for an all in one product Nootropic - like alpha brain

Ive just taken up online poker full time now, and need to be constantly evolving my game and staying focused.

Are there any all in ones like Alpha Brain? Elix1r looks amazing but cant find it in UK stores

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OL ELIX1R looks like a very decent option that is heavier on the stim side - that makes a good option, IMO, for needing a large kick up the backside.

Focus XT is another great option which focuses on daily use ingredients that optimise mental function. You can certainly add racetams to the mix or Noopept for those times you really need it, however as a base (and can also be caffeine free for a late night option), it is pretty much unbeatable - especially at the price you can commonly find it at.
Focus XT is nice as well. Add some bacopa, ashwagandha and/or rhodiola (and perhaps a racetam if you want) and you're set.

ELIX1R and Focus XT are the only nootropic/cognitive supplements that I'd recommend.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im really just looking for an all in one product Nootropic - like alpha brain

Ive just taken up online poker full time now, and need to be constantly evolving my game and staying focused.

Are there any all in ones like Alpha Brain? Elix1r looks amazing but cant find it in UK stores
Alpha Brain is under-dosed IMO. If you can't find ELIX1R, I'd go with Focus XT.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys

Focus XT, standalone ALCAR, Noopept XT.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Guys, will Focus XT improve my ability to grab vocabulary and generally improve my speech, in the same way Alpha Brain did?

That was the biggest + about Alpha Brain

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Guys, will Focus XT improve my ability to grab vocabulary and generally improve my speech, in the same way Alpha Brain did?

That was the biggest + about Alpha Brain
TBH Alphabrain is a tad underdosed - the blends seems to fit the requirements for just 1 ingredient, and sometimes not even that.

Focus XT has a 9.8g blend with L Tyrosine coming first, yet in Alpha Brain you have L Tyrosine sharing a 650mg blend with 4 other ingredients. Just seems like a waste to me. The minimum dose we use is 1.6 grams whereas theirs is a lowly 130mg.

There are MUCH better options out there.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TBH Alphabrain is a tad underdosed - the blends seems to fit the requirements for just 1 ingredient, and sometimes not even that.

Focus XT has a 9.8g blend with L Tyrosine coming first, yet in Alpha Brain you have L Tyrosine sharing a 650mg blend with 4 other ingredients. Just seems like a waste to me. The minimum dose we use is 1.6 grams whereas theirs is a lowly 130mg.

There are MUCH better options out there.
Ummm...not to correct a SNS rep regarding their own product but choline bitartrate is first (not l-tyrosine). :)

youngbrah

Awards
I truly believe that adderall is better for you than this ****. Purely annecdotal .02

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Boys , I ordered 2 Focus XT, one pina colada and one berry blast (or something). SNS always put out great products so looking forward to it

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ummm...not to correct a SNS rep regarding their own product but choline bitartrate is first (not l-tyrosine). :)
Facepalm. I checked our site for the label and completely missed Choline :(

Thanks boss!

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Facepalm. I checked our site for the label and completely missed Choline :(

Thanks boss!
No problem. Bought so much of it over the years that I'm very familiar with it. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
No problem. Bought so much of it over the years that I'm very familiar with it. :)
I read that label three times this morning. Each time I saw tyrosine first which I actually thought was a reformulation haha.

Too early to be using AM obviously

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Boys , I ordered 2 Focus XT, one pina colada and one berry blast (or something). SNS always put out great products so looking forward to it
Piña Colada is great but Berry Blast is horrible... Cotton Candy is great as well, you might like BB but I would change the flavor.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I truly believe that adderall is better for you than this ****. Purely annecdotal .02
Better for you than what? Herbs with thousands of years of historical use? Amino acids? Choline? If you're talking about research chemicals and/or synthetic nootropics, that's one thing.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Maybe so, but who's going to give you a prescription for it for no good reason?

Focus xt + noopept are great, safe, natural, OTC alternatives that can do very much the same thing.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try adding l-theanine to Focus XT (cheap if you buy bulk l-theanine). It's an awesome combo. The l-theanine takes the edge off the caffeine and also seems to really amplify the mood and focus aspect of the product.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
love pina colada, Berry flavor is good just hated that it leaves your tongue black and pple think your doing crack lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Try adding l-theanine to Focus XT (cheap if you buy bulk l-theanine). It's an awesome combo. The l-theanine takes the edge off the caffeine and also seems to really amplify the mood and focus aspect of the product.
I love theanine. Ive been trying to get us to make a combination product with it included for a while ;)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Any stores sell the both the latter? I'd be keen to try those 2.
Nutriverse carries Razors Edge and Focus XT.

AGGRO is best purchased via C&P's website when they run sales promos, so I'd sign up for their newsletter. Usually the sale + 30%off. Last two times I got tubs for $10.50 each.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You use it during the day? I thought it was mainly pre-bed lol
Yea its taken pre bed but its suppose to make you wake up and feel relieved and energized:)

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
You use it during the day? I thought it was mainly pre-bed lol
It's used to help anxiety, so at a lower dose of 500mg you could use it during the day. Many people have used it before speaking events, presentations to help relax them so they can focus on delivering the speech rather than stressing about being in front of people.

As for the OP, focus XT is great. Add in some noopept XT and you're set.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
For an anti anxiety/calming effect theanine really starts to shine when using it at 1+ grams.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have multiple bottles of AGGRO for sale!
I'm Aussie, hence I try buy all my stuff from 1 store.

Shoot me a PM tho with what you're after and I may be able to have to shipped to mate in the US. Thanks.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
It's used to help anxiety, so at a lower dose of 500mg you could use it during the day. Many people have used it before speaking events, presentations to help relax them so they can focus on delivering the speech rather than stressing about being in front of people.

As for the OP, focus XT is great. Add in some noopept XT and you're set.
Yeah phenibut doesn't necessarily have to be taken as a sleep aid, although it's commonly used for that. If you are going to use it in the day time take it on a completely empty stomach and wait a good amount of time before eating after you have taken it. Also pair it with some caffeine. Definitely don't use it often though, I don't personally know, but have read that phenibut can cause dependence rather quickly and lead to some nasty withdrawls.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom - that beats any nootropic I've ever tried.
I'm not sure if it's something I'd want to use regularly, or at all really (based on the research):

Here we describe an addictive profile and cognitive impairments of acute and chronic mitragynine administration, which closely resembles that of morphine. Acute mitragynine has complex effects on locomotor activity. Repeated administration induces locomotor sensitization, anxiolysis and conditioned place preference, enhances expression of dopamine transporter- and dopamine receptor-regulating factor mRNA in the mesencephalon. While there was no increase in spontaneous locomotor activity during withdrawal, animals showed hypersensitivity towards small challenging doses for up to 14 days. Severe somatic withdrawal signs developed after 12 hours, and increased level of anxiety became evident after 24 hours of withdrawal. Acute mitragynine independently impaired passive avoidance learning, memory consolidation and retrieval, possibly mediated by a disruption of cortical oscillatory activity, including the suppression of low-frequency rhythms (delta and theta) in the electrocorticogram. Chronic mitragynine administration led to impaired passive avoidance and object recognition learning. Altogether, these findings provide evidence for an addiction potential with cognitive impairments for mitragynine, which suggest its classification as a harmful drug.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25262913
In conclusion, chronic administration of mitragynine significantly reduced the discrimination ratio time on object placement task where it shows mitragynine has impaired the cognitive function...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20371280

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT & Noopept get my vote

I like using the non-stim mixed in with a higher stim pre using 1,3 or AMP Cit get some crazy focus tho that Cotton Candy Focus XT is redic good tasting.

Biotest's Brain Candy was legit a nootropic-energy shot
Neurosurge 3.0 with some added ALCAR
Blackstone Lab's Eurphoria ( had some mini bottles from various orders ) was pretty great

Yeah phenibut doesn't necessarily have to be taken as a sleep aid, although it's commonly used for that. If you are going to use it in the day time take it on a completely empty stomach and wait a good amount of time before eating after you have taken it. Also pair it with some caffeine. Definitely don't use it often though, I don't personally know, but have read that phenibut can cause dependence rather quickly and lead to some nasty withdrawls.
Phenibut leaves me feeling hungover bad but def get some pretty good sleep on it

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT & Noopept get my vote

I like using the non-stim mixed in with a higher stim pre using 1,3 or AMP Cit get some crazy focus tho that Cotton Candy Focus XT is redic good tasting.

Biotest's Brain Candy was legit a nootropic-energy shot
Neurosurge 3.0 with some added ALCAR
Blackstone Lab's Eurphoria ( had some mini bottles from various orders ) was pretty great

Phenibut leaves me feeling hungover bad but def get some pretty good sleep on it
I hadn't heard of Brain Candy, but it beats the hell out of 5-Hour Energy and other similar energy shots.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I hadn't heard of Brain Candy, but it beats the hell out of 5-Hour Energy and other similar energy shots.

Had found it randomly not to long ago local was fairly impressed with it prob not the cheapest to use all the time but def nice to have on hand

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes it can be habit forming. It's ok to use occasionally though - I hit it once a week with no issues. Twice would be fine.
Yeah, that makes sense, but I'm still inclined to say that it seems like it'd be better suited for more recreational purposes than as a nootropic in the sense of cognitive enhancement.

Mongo31

Mongo31

Awards
I take piracetam and choline. Seems to work well for me. Recently added in sulbutimate..but tastes horrible like battery acid.

DillonLoomis

DillonLoomis

Awards
muscleupcrohn I'd like your take as on this as your posts/knowledge/research seem to be unmatched but of course all feedback is welcome.

Knowing what you guys know of nootropics - would you formulate a preworkout of your own with these ingredients?

Lastly, do you guys mainly take the nootropics first thing in the morning? I know all mixtures will be different but how long for "effects" to kick in (roughly).

Any input would be great ?