Best Nighttime Appetite Suppressants

mozwilde

Awards
Any recommendations for a really good nighttime appetite suppressant?

Pawatts

Awards
If you don't want to spend the money then protein powder tends to relieve me from hunger pangs at night and it's not too harsh on the calories if you're trying to cut up. Or strong decaf coffee or tea.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chew gum. Its cheap and your breath will smell nice.

VeinNutrition

VeinNutrition

Board Sponsor
Awards
Chew gum. Its cheap and your breath will smell nice.
I would actually advise against making this a habit *if* it's on an empty stomach. There's research that shows chewing (they specifically looked at gum vs a cheeseburger lol) stimulated the stomach to produce digestive acids. And while there's no clinical studies on this next assertion, it seems to be generally accepted , secreting digest acids on an empty stomach can be damaging to the stomach lining. Depending on your meal, your stomach is empty about 3-5 hours after a meal, so you can use that as a guidance for then it's "safe" to chew gum.

My recommendation is a high protein meal or shake if you're hungry. And a low density light calorie snack (rice cakes, veggies) if you have a craving (appetite).

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought the facetiousness of my comment wouldve been apparent.

Alternatively, you could always chew gum immediately following dinner whilst your stomach is not wholly devoid of food, with the goal of staving off postprandial 1st world hunger pangs.

VeinNutrition

VeinNutrition

Board Sponsor
Awards
I thought the facetiousness of my comment wouldve been apparent.

Alternatively, you could always chew gum immediately following dinner whilst your stomach is not wholly devoid of food, with the goal of staving off postprandial 1st world hunger pangs.
Ah sorry for any confusion. It's possible that others may have seen it as a more serious comment so I just made that small comment just in case.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah sorry for any confusion. It's possible that others may have seen it as a more serious comment so I just made that small comment just in case.
All good. Sometimes not even I know Im joking until someone else points out the idiocy of my comments.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
My go-to is sugar free jello. Best nighttime snack for me that really helps kill cravings

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
I mix protein powder and rolled oat. Then fridge them for about an hour. 1 scoop whey and 50g rolled oat before sleep. Something like overnight oat.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The two that worked best for me are Formutech Natural-EFX or DCP. Both I used 3 times a day and had less issues with nighttime hunger. This works well for me since I work an every changing schedule.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My go-to is sugar free jello. Best nighttime snack for me that really helps kill cravings
That's what I was going to say. Something that is very light and doesn't add those calories late at night. So celery, sugar free jello, etc would be great options.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't use it at night but fiber and some water should kill off hunger a bit

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
big ass pile o'veggies and protein about 1.5 hours before bed.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Make sure your getting your nutrients through out the day, if your comning into the end of the night with a decent amount of macros needed to finish the day you will be really hungry cause your hormones will be out of whack.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
are you having cravings, or are you hungry?

evening cravings can be a sign of elevated cortisol/stress

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
I would have some meal consisting of both protein and fat so satiation is kept for hours.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
The hardest part for me with dieting is sleeping through the night or if I wake up falling back asleep because I'm hungry. Hypnos from chaos and pain is a great product. Doesn't completely knock me out but once I'm asleep it gets me to REM. my Garmin watch has shown the improvement in sleep!! If interest a discount code is in my bio.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Also apple cider vinegar natural/organic will suppress appetite and also increase digestion health. I do 2 tbsp in the morning and before bed.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I suppose another approach, if you are tracking your macros, is eating less during the day so you can eat a little more at night.

Evenings is when I get really hungry but during the day not so much so I started doing IF (Intermittent Fasting) which really helped with my night time cravings / appetite.

That said, a huge plate of lightly steamed veges really works for me. Olive Oil and either lemon or vinegar as a dressing.