Best Fitted T-Shirts (Athletic Fit)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, at my current body fat and size, I realized I have no barely any t shirts that look good. I don't want anything too tight because I still have some love handles, but most shirts look like a dress if they fit in the shoulders and sleeves. I had a plethora of under armor, but at my current body fat percentage, they just make me look soft because the material is quite thin (I think, I don't trust mirrors either so who knows).

What brand fits you well?

Edit: for the record, I meant to put athletic fit, not fitted. Fitted is just a little too tight.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m a huge fan of comfort colors they are thick and always fit great, they are a heavy shirt though. Then gildan shirts have always fit me great, same thing though a pretty heavy shirt. I like the heavy shirts even in the heat of summer they will not stretch and look all yuck like lighter shirts do on me.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This may not be what you are looking for, but of all the T-shirt and Golf-type shirts that I have, Carhartt are my absolute favorite. They have a great cut, great material and they fit my body type unlike others. FWIW

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This may not be what you are looking for, but of all the T-shirt and Golf-type shirts that I have, Carhartt are my absolute favorite. They have a great cut, great material and they fit my body type unlike others. FWIW
Thanks. I have a lot of carhartt shirts, and they've become the worst offenders for me somehow. Not sure why.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like true classic a lot - they do market themselves agressivelg as basically "tight t's for single guys" lol but I like how they fit, they're tight around the chest and arms and shoulders but have a little room by the waist so the ol love handles don't show too much. Their polyester workout shirts are really comfy too.
Maybe i need to try true classic again...

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wear the carhartt force t's for work and I agree, they are cut really nice

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
H & M
Target
Which brand at Target? I need new t-shirts like nobody’s business, and I do like shopping at Target. I can’t go anywhere else without feeling like I want to kick someone from behind in the back of the knee.

My clothing definitely has to be able to handle big man tits henceforward. I don’t think these will be going anywhere.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Which brand at Target? I need new t-shirts like nobody’s business, and I do like shopping at Target. I can’t go anywhere else without feeling like I want to kick someone from behind in the back of the knee.

My clothing definitely has to be able to handle big man tits henceforward. I don’t think these will be going anywhere.
I like the “goodfellow” brand…Usually they have their own table and they are laying flat…
I like the v-necks, there’s a couple different fits. I like the slim fit and either medium or large….They look pretty crispy! And don’t fall apart in wash.

“Women love shopping” there’s always at least a couple attractive women at target at any time lmao! (I usually go like an hour before closing…Friday and Saturday night is good cause most people are out partying or something,…I hate the crowds too)

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just googled it….they go by “Men's Every Wear Short Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt – Goodfellow & Co” on the website and have big and tall sizes too…

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
“Women love shopping” there’s always at least a couple attractive women at target at any time lmao! (I usually go like an hour before closing…Friday and Saturday night is good cause most people are out partying or something,…I hate the crowds too)
Well that’s a non issue for me. All the women here in Maine have short haircuts, no makeup, and wear hiking clothes all the time.
I just googled it….they go by “Men's Every Wear Short Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt – Goodfellow & Co
” on the website and have big and tall sizes too…
Wow! Those are a bargain! V-neck is my jam as well. Otherwise, I feel like I am being choked and I am only into that under specific circumstances.

What is going on there with Lilly in the 4th pic down? The maroon/red t-shirt. Something silly is definitely happening there. Nonetheless, there does seem to be adequate room for the chesticles.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Oddly enough, the superhero t shirts at target have an awesome fit, but I don't want to look like a try-hard deuche.

And, do you mean muscle chesticles, or are you plagued with some gyno too?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oddly enough, the superhero t shirts at target have an awesome fit, but I don't want to look like a try-hard deuche.

And, do you mean muscle chesticles, or are you plagued with some gyno too?
Really? I’m not too proud to rock the Superhero t-shirt theme. I have gone all these years without getting such a shirt, but not necessarily on purpose. When you think about it, everyone looks like a douchebag. Everyone I see, I immediately think douche. Except of course if they happen to be really hot. Then I think to myself, “Damn, they are hot, but they also look like a douche.”

Chesticles. It’s actually a new term for me, so it’s possible I used it incorrectly. However, I think it just refers to men who have a more more prominent, bulky, muscular chest than most. No gyno or any odd shapes happening here yet.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Really? I’m not too proud to rock the Superhero t-shirt theme. I have gone all these years without getting such a shirt, but not necessarily on purpose. When you think about it, everyone looks like a douchebag. Everyone I see, I immediately think douche. Except of course if they happen to be really hot. Then I think to myself, “Damn, they are hot, but they also look like a douche."
It sounds like we define douchebag differently lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you guys talking about true?? If so...what size did you order in relation to weight, height or body type? I am 6'2 225.
Yeah, the was true classic XL. I'm 220 at 5'9", 25% bf. I'll report back once it arrives.

Nodus1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anything but the ones with the horribly acted and scripted ads on YouTube. The obvious skimping on the marketing budget makes me think that they are skimping on the shirt quality, as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use the Hanes V necks, I get them in the combo pack with 2 black and 1 gray. They are so comfortable, if i don't have on a polo or tank top I generally have one of these on. Nice big neck hole and when in shape show the top of your chest more. They fit snug in the chest and shoulders but not too bad, and don't hang onto my love handles much. They even dress up nicely if you add a necklace. LOL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
King Diamond eh? I haven't heard that in a minute. Captain Falsetto!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I saw him in Baltimore back in November of 2019. He was around 65-67 years old and sounded better than when I saw him in 1998!
WOW! That is impressive!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been wanting to visit Maine for a long time. The farthest up that way I've been is Mt. Snow Vermont. I just want to make sure I don't go to one of those sanctuary cities that are popping up in your beautiful state! I'm in Pa btw, and lived in Idaho for 2 years in the 80's.
Yeah, just don’t go to Southern Maine where it’s more urban. Definitely a big “asylum seeker” state and lots of homeless people. We have a democrat governor so that doesn’t help any situation. All of the good things about the state are in the mountain and lake regions in central and northern Maine. Otherwise, it’s become truly disgusting.

Calvinsmith11

Awards
Check out @_theoutfitco on IG local business here that’s growing pretty quickly. He’s good at responding to DMs too if you have a question. There’s
a website too but idk if I’d be violating board rules

AwakeningAlpha

AwakeningAlpha

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Replaced all my tshirts with True Classic. XLs fit great 6' 230. Show off the gains, long enough for traps and shoulders not pulling up the tee. Good quality too. Highly recommend.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Replaced all my tshirts with True Classic. XLs fit great 6' 230. Show off the gains, long enough for traps and shoulders not pulling up the tee. Good quality too. Highly recommend.
They have multiple models of shirts I think...which type did you go with?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
all my favorite t-shirts are still from Grind Athletics or Buckle

they have the athletic fit in the shoulders and arms but feel good in the mid section too. only thing that changed in how my shirts fit over the last year gaining 15+lbs was that the biceps and shoulders got a little snugger.

Avengeme

Avengeme

Awards
  • Established
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but the Next Level brand Sueded T's that can be bough on Amazon fit me perfectly.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
V neck (especially if you have a thick neck) and basic crew neck, "talls" if you like them long fit. The long sleeves are nice too.
How do the athletic quick dry ones compare to the basic crew neck?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Which carhartt shirt, by the way? Force or the original ones?