Best fish oil

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Based on quality, least amount of fillers, price, least amount of pills, and of course, taste. I've been taking Optimum Fish Oils.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oxi-Omega.
If you google you can get it BOGO and 10%. i got about 20 bottles

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Based on quality, least amount of fillers, price, least amount of pills, and of course, taste. I've been taking Optimum Fish Oils.
Jarrow makes quality fish oils at a good price.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Yes unfortunately fish burps are real and OxiOmega is one of the ones that gave me the fish burps. On bb.com reviews you can see that other users have complained about the same thi8ng happening to them, but if you're worried about price then buy those.
Which do you recommend then? I'm thinkin of goin with the iForce. Jarrow looks good too

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good call by the Solition. Good price on em I'd you search around, and they're still a quality product. Fish burps..it'll happen.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What the promotion on fish oil, why take it???
Omega 3's
Health Benefits

Some people cannot eat fish (like myself) I have 0 ways to really get adequate omega 3's on a low fat intake year round. For the price its a steal nearly 7$ a bottle.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I usually go with NOW Foods Ultra-Omega or their DHA-500, depending on which fatty acid I want the most. 750 mg of combined EPA/DHA in each one of these pills, and 180 pills only costs about $25. If I take 6 a day, a bottle lasts 1 month for $25 and I am getting over 4 grams of EPA/DHA. It's tough to beat. Nordic Naturals is known to be top of the line, but I'm not sure how much better they are for the cost.

dboston

dboston

Awards
Gotcha for me I love salmon I eat it twice a week, cooked on grill.. Good stuff..

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
If we are talking about just high concentration epa/dha my vote goes for trader Joes flaxseed oil. One tbsp I think is about 7g of o3.

I still top that off with fish oil during dinner though. The cheap Costco brand.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
And I stilll eat a fairly high amount of fish every week

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If we are talking about just high concentration epa/dha my vote goes for trader Joes flaxseed oil. One tbsp I think is about 7g of o3.

I still top that off with fish oil during dinner though. The cheap Costco brand.
The n3 is not in the form like what is in fish oil

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make sure you guys are getting triglyceride fish oil vs ethyl ester

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
The n3 is not in the form like what is in fish oil
that is correct, I take it just to boost my total O3 intake (AA benefits involved). I believe we still need to take an additional fish oil to get the pre-formed epa/dha

dboston

dboston

Awards
So if starting to take this? What the best and how can I get it???

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
FWIW, I have an article somewhere that delves into the specific ratios of EPA to DHA that are ideal for health, the relationship between amounts of EPA and DHA to the byproduct result of AA, etc. And when I started shopping for quality fish oils with the correct ratio, only a few met that requirement. One of which is the lemon-scented Barlean's capsules. I have them at home (I am at work now), I don't recall the specific name of the product.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
FWIW, I have an article somewhere that delves into the specific ratios of EPA to DHA that are ideal for health, the relationship between amounts of EPA and DHA to the byproduct result of AA, etc. And when I started shopping for quality fish oils with the correct ratio, only a few met that requirement. One of which is the lemon-scented Barlean's capsules. I have them at home (I am at work now), I don't recall the specific name of the product.
that is true regarding the correct ratio. Do you think a high dose of ALA then bumping the epa/dha with fish oil good enough?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
So if starting to take this? What the best and how can I get it???
taking what sir? Regular fish oil is straight capsule form so you can dose it to get about 1g of Omega-3 a day. Some goes for the recommended dosage of about 1-2 capsules depending on the concentration you buy.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
taking what sir? Regular fish oil is straight capsule form so you can dose it to get about 1g of Omega-3 a day. Some goes for the recommended dosage of about 1-2 capsules depending on the concentration you buy.
Most people will shoot for 2-3g of EPA + DHA combined.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I take IFN fish oils. 2 pills in the morning and 2 later in the afternoon. But that is all by personal choice.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I get the cheap ones at Walmart 1000 caps for like $15

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Walmart's Spring Valley Triple Strength is your best bang for buck if you're doing it for EPA (inflammation, joints, etc). It's re-branded Sundown Triple Strength for super cheap. I couldn't begin to advise on what's got a good amount of DHA since I... honestly don't care, haha.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Decided to go with the Oxi-omega. Excited for my box to come in! Haha like a little kid

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Decided to go with the Oxi-omega. Excited for my box to come in! Haha like a little kid
Only a couple cents more expensive a day and you get to swallow 60% less for the same dose of EPA. It's a move in the right direction.